Why do average looking chicks expect good looking guys?

Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 4:59 pm

nilescrane wrote:
Chronos wrote:
nilescrane wrote:
A lot of these women, not just the attractive ones, are on there for perfection.

That generally goes for the men on there too.

Not really. A lot of guys are on there pretending they want a relationship and just trying to hook-up, then there are guys like myself that are looking for dates with girls that could be a match.

Like I said, those women that aren't a 10 and want a 10 (regardless of his personality) are a minority group anyway both in real life and online.

Actually..really. You may be interested in this article.
http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your- ... ne-dating/

You might also take a look at www.hotornot.com You might notice that men generally have higher hot scores than the woman on the site.

Of course both of these sites are a poor representation of the offline dating world.

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 5:09 pm

Craig28 wrote:
She speaks more then plainly, shes an expert on killing male self esteem.

No, just at disproving silly arguments.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 5:12 pm

Chronos wrote:
nilescrane wrote:
Chronos wrote:
nilescrane wrote:
A lot of these women, not just the attractive ones, are on there for perfection.

That generally goes for the men on there too.

Not really. A lot of guys are on there pretending they want a relationship and just trying to hook-up, then there are guys like myself that are looking for dates with girls that could be a match.

Like I said, those women that aren't a 10 and want a 10 (regardless of his personality) are a minority group anyway both in real life and online.

Actually..really. You may be interested in this article.
http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your- ... ne-dating/

You might also take a look at www.hotornot.com You might notice that men generally have higher hot scores than the woman on the site.

Of course both of these sites are a poor representation of the offline dating world.

oh. my. god. i read the article. it is shocking how many men message the hotter women, and ignore the average ones (2/3 of messages to the top 1/3 of women)!

and women are much harder on men for their looks (choosy with their ratings), but they tend to message the average and below average ones as well as the good-looking ones!

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 5:20 pm

I don't know what they are considering "average" anyway. To most men, average means a woman that isn't unattractive, but there's nothing striking about her. She's not overweight, but she has a face that would be plain to most and just looks like any other girl. (Keep in mind I tend to like a lot of those type of women.) My point is, average doesn't mean overweight and a not-so-good looking face.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 5:23 pm

nilescrane wrote:
I don't know what they are considering "average" anyway. To most men, average means a woman that isn't unattractive, but there's nothing striking about her. She's not overweight, but she has a face that would be plain to most and just looks like any other girl. (Keep in mind I tend to like a lot of those type of women.) My point is, average doesn't mean overweight and a not-so-good looking face.

it's irrelevant what is considered average - men are more likely to message women they find hot, whereas women are less likely than men to do so. it reinforces the idea that men are more visually-oriented than women. so much for the OP's argument.

the ratings were based on actual users rating each other.

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 5:25 pm

You have to give them a "wink" to let them know you're interested.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 6:53 pm

nilescrane wrote:
That's why I take it less seriously now when I don't get a response on a dating site. A lot of these women, not just the attractive ones, are on there for perfection.

Just want to point out a flaw. Just because they replied to the "hot" guy doesn't mean they are on there for "hot" guys. If someone out of my league messaged me I would reply mainly out of interest to see what they saw in me.

Also if some hot guy shows interest in average women of course they're going to jump at it, but it doesn't mean they wouldn't jump at an average guy either.

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 7:02 pm

I'm not saying this is all women, or even all women on dating sites. The girl in question said outright that she'd met guys on the site and they weren't attractive enough for her. Other women I messaged as the hot hunky bulky fireman said "Finally, a good looking guy. I was getting sick of all the ugly guys messaging me." To them (these particular women on the site) good looking means "10" not just a guy that they find attractive.

But I'm not saying this to be anti-women. It's a minority of women, and in the end these women are only hurting themselves because they're home at night while they could have a date with a guy that would actually want them and treat them better than the 10 (if he even wanted her to begin with.) Kind of like how the admittedly average/below average looking awkward guys on this site are only hurting themselves by refusing to talk to not-so-attractive women.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 8:59 pm

Well, I sure know how to start fights on this site dont i

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:11 pm

I'm surprised no-one has reported you for your baiting. Maybe I should.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 10:58 pm

He has been. I will lock this topic shortly.

On sabbatical...