Why do average looking chicks expect good looking guys?

Page 1 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:24 am

I'm a 100% regular face/regular body guy with decent social skills. Hence, I hit on regular looking girls. They turn me down.

I notice a lot of my regular looking female friends expect good looking guys. What is WITH this? I have a good looking male friend. He NEVER dates regular looking girls.

I notice this sense of entitlement thinking on these forums too from some of these members. I have even seen unattractive members here expect good looking guys.

Guess what girls!! !! !! !! !! ! If you are average looking, chances are...................

YOU'RE GOING TO GET STUCK WITH AN AVERAGE LOOKING GUY!! !! !! !! !! !! !!

/rant

Yes, there are exceptions. However, there are uncommon

Last edited by ApsieGuy on 27 Nov 2010, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:25 am

Quit trolling.
Maybe they don't turn you down because of your looks, but because you're annoying and a pain.
Its the same with guys. It's what Nilescrane has tried to drum into people for days.

I haven't actually seen any "average looking girls" expecting "hot guys" and I come here about 20 times a day.

Last edited by hale_bopp on 27 Nov 2010, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:28 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Quit trolling.
Maybe they don't turn you down because of your looks, but because you're annoying and a pain.
Its the same with guys. It's what Nilescrane has tried to drum into people for days.

This is probably true. However, I have managed to appear somewhat normal to females.....and they still turn me down.

Never in my lifetime did I expect a good looking girl

edit: hale_bopp. What about chicks like Chronos? I think she seems to expect some dazzling prince charming....unwilling to settle for mister average job nice guy working towards a average job.

yes bitter.

ZakFiend
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:47 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Quit trolling.

I haven't actually seen any "average looking girls" expecting "hot guys" and I come here about 20 times a day.

Sorry hale_bopp but this is an EXTREMELY distorted view of the world you are having...

Girls of average looks go for guys much more good looking for themselves often because guys have no standards and will lay anything, hence whenever an average girl gets a good looking guy she thinks she's "all that" but the good looking guy often was just looking to get laid or accept whatever randomly came his way.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:49 am

Maybe in terms of lays.

However its very rare to see a hot guy walking down the street hand in hand with an average looking girl. I see hot girls with average guys all the time.

I haven't known average girls that require dating hot guys, nor have I seen it on here.

Last edited by hale_bopp on 27 Nov 2010, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZakFiend
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:50 am

ApsieGuy wrote:
I'm a 100% regular face/regular body guy with decent social skills. Hence, I hit on regular looking girls. They turn me down.

It's quite possible you are doing it wrong, do you have any idea how other girls perceive you?

Quote:
I notice a lot of my regular looking female friends expect good looking guys. What is WITH this? I have a good looking male friend. He NEVER dates regular looking girls.

Girls can get laid pretty much anytime they want, and many good looking guys will lay anything, as long as she's average looking or above, its a green light. Thereby giving the average girls an inflated sense of their own worth.

ZakFiend
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:53 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Maybe in terms of lays.

However its very rare to see a hot guy walking down the street hand in hand with an average looking girl. I see hot girls with average guys all the time.

I haven't known average girls that require dating hot guys, nor have I seen it on here.

The point is though is that when hot guys make out or lay an average girl they inflate her sense of sexual market worth beyond what it actually is. It's also why many girls have crappy love lives once they have had some hot guys. Then the hot guys they keep going for dump them for a hotter girl or a better lay, the average girls get jealous and then complain about it... and because of this too many get entitlement complexes or suffer from princess syndrome because they have "tasted" being with hot guys and don't want to go back to average guys.

Last edited by ZakFiend on 27 Nov 2010, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:58 am

ZakFiend wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Maybe in terms of lays.

The point is though is that when hot guys make out or lay an average girl they inflate her sense of sexual market worth beyond what it actually is. It's also why many girls have crappy love lives once they have a hot guys they keep going for dump them for a hotter girl or a better lay, the average girls get jealous and then complain about it... and because of this too many get entitlement complexes or suffer from princess syndrome because they have "tasted" being with hot guys and don't want to go back to average guys.

This x10.

The only thing working against me Zakfriend is no eduation...which I am fixing...and a bad job. I have worked on my social skills enough to appear somewhat normal.

I am considering giving up on the dating world. There are too many females with a false sense of worth. Everything has economic value...including people.

missykrissy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2010, 10:22 am

seems the opposite to me. i always see funny looking guys that think they should be dating models.. if a girl is looking for a serious relationship the guy needs to have something to offer. if he can't be a good provider and his personality sucks he darn well better be good looking. but, if he's a good provider and fills her emoional needs then looks aren't all that important. maybe you are over estimating your looks and going for girls that are out of your league? or you need to figure out what you have to offer them and play that up.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 10:50 am

I don't think many do?
I think girls prefer funny guys with good personality and average looks over some d-bag good looking guy.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 10:54 am

this thread doesn't really have anything to do with what sort of women supposedly date what sort of men - it's about men trying to find reasons why they can't get all the sex they think they deserve.

it has very little to do with looks, and a whole lot to do with stanky male attitudes. and average looking man who resents women will have virtually no chance - and it's not because he is average looking. if other users can pick up on your misogynistic and sexist attitudes on WP, then i guarantee women can pick up on it in real life. improve yourself (including learning some sensitivity and working on the attitude), and your chances with women will improve.

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 11:11 am

Before I met my bf, it seemed that I met male after male who just wanted sex (or to be just friends). The reaction to me not giving sex randomly was anger generally. I only really started to wear clothes that show my more positive attributes when in this relationship.

Some of the male after male were physically attractive but that never attracted me on it's own. Most of them were rude, crude, corse and acted if I was rude for not letting them touch me in a sexual manner. The rudest ones usually looked ugly, probably because of the rudeness but perhaps not.

Perhaps to work on being attractive inside and out. (outer appearance) Nice clothes (but comfortable), nice smell, (inner appearance) not desperate, not expecting sex instantly, not acting like woman/man is meat, treating other person like a person and expecting same.

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 11:17 am

hyperlexian wrote:
this thread doesn't really have anything to do with what sort of women supposedly date what sort of men - it's about men trying to find reasons why they can't get all the sex they think they deserve.

it has very little to do with looks, and a whole lot to do with stanky male attitudes. and average looking man who resents women will have virtually no chance - and it's not because he is average looking. if other users can pick up on your misogynistic and sexist attitudes on WP, then i guarantee women can pick up on it in real life. improve yourself (including learning some sensitivity and working on the attitude), and your chances with women will improve.

I agree, many men who approched me before I met my bf acted as if sex with me was their right and not really my choice. Some seemed quite scary, one genuinely was a threat. Men can still scare me.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 11:22 am

Bitter rant eh?

Try to remember that your definition of "Regular" looking might not be the same as someone else's definition of "Regular" looking. I've known some good looking girls who fancy guys whom I question the attractiveness of. Just as there have been times I've found some girls attractive despite that others don't think they are.

From my time around females, a lot will certainly comment on how a particular guy is "hot" and so and so... It think that just has more to do with women just being women. I think most know realistically that they aren't going to get together with a superior physically attractive male, it's just more for the fantasy and to gossip with.

The guys that do end up with women are usually the kind who do well by their lady and are fun to be around. I think those factors matter more to a woman than the physical part.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Zara on 27 Nov 2010, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 11:22 am

hyperlexian wrote:

This X10.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 11:25 am

Zara wrote:
Bitter rant eh?

Try to remember that your definition of "Regular" looking might not be the same as someone else's definition of "Regular" looking. I've known some good looking girls who fancy guys whom I question the attractiveness of. Just as there have been times I've found some girls attractive despite that others don't think they are.

From time around females, a lot will certainly comment on how a particular guy is "hot" and so and so... It think that just has more to do with women just being women. I think most know realistically that they aren't going to get together with a superior physically attractive male, it's just more for the fantasy and to gossip with.

The guys that do end up with women are usually the kind who do well by their lady and are fun to be around. I think those factors matter more to a woman than the physical part.

QFT.
I love to gossip about/admire gorgeous celebrity type men, but I know i'd never get with one - and wouldn't want to be with one.
I want someone to match my attractiveness level.