Why do average looking chicks expect good looking guys?

Page 1 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 11:25 am

Zara wrote:
Bitter rant eh?

Try to remember that your definition of "Regular" looking might not be the same as someone else's definition of "Regular" looking. I've known some good looking girls who fancy guys whom I question the attractiveness of. Just as there have been times I've found some girls attractive despite that others don't think they are.

From time around females, a lot will certainly comment on how a particular guy is "hot" and so and so... It think that just has more to do with women just being women. I think most know realistically that they aren't going to get together with a superior physically attractive male, it's just more for the fantasy and to gossip with.

The guys that do end up with women are usually the kind who do well by their lady and are fun to be around. I think those factors matter more to a woman than the physical part.

QFT.
I love to gossip about/admire gorgeous celebrity type men, but I know i'd never get with one - and wouldn't want to be with one.
I want someone to match my attractiveness level.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 11:26 am

I don't care about generic hot personally and don't care if they match me or not. I'm one of the few women it seems who doesn't drool over hot looking guys, even for gossip purposes. I find them unpleasing to look at and are about as interesting to me as a lamp post. The guys I fall for aren't generic hot at all. I think they are gorgeous, but a lot of other people don't.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 12:12 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
I don't care about generic hot personally and don't care if they match me or not. I'm one of the few women it seems who doesn't drool over hot looking guys, even for gossip purposes. I find them unpleasing to look at and are about as interesting to me as a lamp post. The guys I fall for aren't generic hot at all. I think they are gorgeous, but a lot of other people don't.

I'm a 180 pound bodybuilder....................with a bad job

this is what happens at work.

-Women is really friendly to me and nice to me.....

-Women realizes im not a nurse but just the transporter

-Women gives me the "oh gross look"

I am really frustrated that I have to have a better job to date.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 12:17 pm

ApsieGuy wrote:
I'm a 100% regular face/regular body guy with decent social skills. Hence, I hit on regular looking girls. They turn me down.

It sounds to me like the women pick up on your attitude. If you treat women as "chicks" I'd expect them to generally turn you down.

madbirdgirl
Raven
Raven

27 Nov 2010, 12:44 pm

this thread is honestly making me a little sad. i don't think it matters if you are "average" or "hot" because as long as you look good enough for the other person, to them you are attractive. someday you will find a girl who thinks you're the hottest man she's ever seen, believe me. females tend to judge a man as more attractive if he's well-dressed, "cool" and smart. in fact, studies have shown that a man's socioeconimic status is what women are drawn to, not his bare-bones physical blueprint.
If anything, women are being held to higher standards by men. And beauty alone is the most important thing to a lot of men, as the sexes biologically programmed to want certain qualities.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 12:59 pm

I am an older woman that has continually been astonished at older men, bald heads (no, not shaved, bald) with little wisps of looooong hair looped across the freckled baldness, beer bellies proceeding them into a room, sitting on a chair with both hammy thighs splayed out to hold up their bad breathed bulk speculating on the attractiveness of young women that pass by their gaze.

the idea that they have no concept of their own lack of hotness does not deter them from surveying the faults and points of interest in the sexual objectives that pass by. Their attitude of entitlement of pronouncing their judgements makes the mind dizzy when pondering what planet they are on that their opinion would even matter. It's that entitlement they feel, that was instilled into them as children, that they were male and as such, the world had to pass their inspection, or be discarded that makes ME want to pass judgement on them.

Otherwise I would not recognize them at all. Which is maybe why they do it?

Merle

oh, and that #$%@ I have heard all my life "Girls can get laid anytime, yadda yadda yadda"
Do you know the reason men are so interested in sex? Because their climax is almost guaranteed. Just get your jollies and then roll over and ask some inane question like "was it good for you?" and think that passes for good manners is hardly thrilling for the partner.

Do you know why women are so picky (other than STDs, Pregnancy, Reputation, etc.?) because having an orgasm or some other satisfying result of being 'laid anytime' is more of an accident than a given. Having our libido revved up for some guy to finish early and be unwilling or clueless to the necessities of being a good and sufficient lover is hardly our idea of a good time. I am not naive enough to think that a man is responsible for my orgasm, but being able to 'get laid at any time' gets diminishing returns, guys. It's not how you try to frame it, at all.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 1:05 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
I am an older woman that has continually been astonished at older men, bald heads (no, not shaved, bald) with little wisps of looooong hair looped across the freckled baldness, beer bellies proceeding them into a room, sitting on a chair with both hammy thighs splayed out to hold up their bad breathed bulk speculating on the attractiveness of young women that pass by their gaze.

the idea that they have no concept of their own lack of hotness does not deter them from surveying the faults and points of interest in the sexual objectives that pass by. Their attitude of entitlement of pronouncing their judgements makes the mind dizzy when pondering what planet they are on that their opinion would even matter. It's that entitlement they feel, that was instilled into them as children, that they were male and as such, the world had to pass their inspection, or be discarded that makes ME want to pass judgement on them.

Otherwise I would not recognize them at all. Which is maybe why they do it?

Merle

oh, and that #$%@ I have heard all my life "Girls can get laid anytime, yadda yadda yadda"
Do you know the reason men are so interested in sex? Because their climax is almost guaranteed. Just get your jollies and then roll over and ask some inane question like "was it good for you?" and think that passes for good manners is hardly thrilling for the partner.

Do you know why women are so picky (other than STDs, Pregnancy, Reputation, etc.?) because having an orgasm or some other satisfying result of being 'laid anytime' is more of an accident than a given. Having our libido revved up for some guy to finish early and be unwilling or clueless to the necessities of being a good and sufficient lover is hardly our idea of a good time. I am not naive enough to think that a man is responsible for my orgasm, but being able to 'get laid at any time' gets diminishing returns, guys. It's not how you try to frame it, at all.

i heard harps playing and angels singing when i read this post. not actually, but those are very true sentiments.

that didn't even occur to me, about women being picky because the act of sex is unlikely to be as satisfying for her. i've been educated by your statements, and i completely agree.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 1:10 pm

ApsieGuy, have you ever posted a picture of yourself?

Considering the number of times you've bragged about or at least alluded to how hot your body is, I'd really like to see if it's the objective truth or if it's all in your head.

Harpist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2010, 1:14 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
i heard harps playing...when i read this post

Hi

:P

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 1:17 pm

emlion wrote:
I don't think many do?
I think girls prefer funny guys with good personality and average looks over some d-bag good looking guy.

Same here. What's attractive is subjective. Some girls like the musclebound jock types and others (like me) prefer the funny pudgy guy with a personality. Judging books by their covers is a dangerous way to live. One of my friends is a very good looking girl with more money than most girls in our university but she has serious difficulty getting with anyone lately because word got around that she's a controlling b***h. No one likes that. Same goes for dudes. Eye candy is nice but is boring once you had enough of it, just like edible candy. :D

Harpist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2010, 1:19 pm

In response to the opening post;

I don't see what the big problem is. Would you really want to go out with someone who requires that their partner be "hot"? And would you really want someone to go out with you just because they think you're "hot" (which I imagine is something a lot of "hot" men and women get stuck with)? Those exceptions you mention, no matter how common or uncommon they are (though I'd hope they aren't as rare as you imply), are the ladies that it's worth being interested in.

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 1:22 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Quit trolling.
Maybe they don't turn you down because of your looks, but because you're annoying and a pain.
Its the same with guys. It's what Nilescrane has tried to drum into people for days.

I haven't actually seen any "average looking girls" expecting "hot guys" and I come here about 20 times a day.

I knew I'd find you here.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 1:24 pm

Harpist wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
i heard harps playing...when i read this post

Hi

:P

it's the Harpist!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 1:26 pm

Craig28 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Quit trolling.
Maybe they don't turn you down because of your looks, but because you're annoying and a pain.
Its the same with guys. It's what Nilescrane has tried to drum into people for days.

I haven't actually seen any "average looking girls" expecting "hot guys" and I come here about 20 times a day.

Hale_Bopp has a lot of insight and she speaks plainly. i am always thankful for her opinions.

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 1:27 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Craig28 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Quit trolling.

Hale_Bopp has a lot of insight and she speaks plainly. i am always thankful for her opinions.

She speaks more then plainly, shes an expert on killing male self esteem.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 1:32 pm

So, I like puppies!! !!