Top 5 Scariest Horror games That You think are scary.

Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 5:17 pm

Silent Hill 2 is really the only game I've played that I still find "scary" as an adult. Left 4 Dead, Resident Evil, even Silent Hill 3 make your character too heavily armed and damage-resistant. A game's atmosphere is less unsettling when you've got a machinegun or a flamethrower.
That said, I love Left 4 Dead

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 5:39 pm

Silent Hill and Uninvited.

Heavy Rain is pretty scary in some places.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 10:09 pm

Another vote for System Shock 2.

fobfan123
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2010, 6:08 am

I haven't played much games
silent hill 1
silent hill 2
doom

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 6:57 pm

If anyone wants a good horror game that's actually scary, I'd highly recommend Fatal Frame.

It's about a cursed Japanese mansion that's haunted by evil spirits and people who enter the mansion mysteriously disappear. A young girl named Miku Hinasaki enters the mansion to search for her missing brother, and her only defence against the ghosts are her sixth sense and a mysterious antique camera with the power to capture the souls of the dead when taking pictures.

Unlike most horror games like Resident Evil or Silent Hill, Fatal Frame doesn't rely heavily on gore. The horror is more subtle and psychological. I think people who are into intelligent horror stories would really love this game! :)

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 8:46 pm

1. Amnesia: Dark Descent. Quite possibly the most immersive gaming experience ever, can't play the game by myself way too good at getting under my skin.

2. Condemned : Criminal Origins (just the first one, the sequel was a pile of garbage, wasn't scary in the slightest where the first had me constantly looking over my in game characters shoulder for baddies.)

3 Silent hill series

4.Penumbra series (from the same makers of amnesia, this was their first series of games which like amnesia are incredibly immersive)

5.dead space, (was initially pants wetting but later became run of the mill shooting galore, although I am eagerly waiting the sequel)

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 7:53 am

if any of youall havnt played Siren, I suggest it, its scared the bejesus out of me in the creepiest ways possible. Other than that Left 4 Dead is pretty scary

sillycat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2011, 8:09 am

When CD Roms first came out, they came with many disk packages, like Encarta encyclopedia, Return to Zork, 7th Guest, Populus and syndicate, and some other educational disks.the 7th guest was very scary, as was Duke Nukem those levels where slugs would bite you.

Jared_Guinther
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jan 2011, 12:24 am

There was one video game that has ever freaked me out: Doom 3! Ok, I guess maybe Resident Evil 1(gameCube version) startled me a couple times.

Haruji-san
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jul 2011, 12:46 pm

I'm new to nhorror games, so here's the 2 scariest I've played:
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill
Resident Evil (GameCube remake)

I'm saving up for the Fatal Frames, so I may post again in the future. As for Silent Hill 3, it never scared me much. I just found it to be a great game by itself, but compared to the 1st and 2nd games, it didn't hold a candle. Silent Hill 4: The Room wasn't at all scary until the hauntings started up. Alone in the Dark was creepy. But Silent Hill 2 is the one that still haunts me. Seriously, it haunts me day and night. I have never played a more disturbing game. It's strange... I guess the term for it would be a "beautiful nightmare".

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

10 Jul 2011, 11:28 am

ShenLong wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
1. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
2. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
3. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
4. Uninvited (Macintosh)
5. System Shock 2

Maybe some of the zombie/ghost bits in the first two Thief games? Idunno. I heard The Cradle in Thief 3 was supposed to be really scary, so I was expecting something like the cathedral level from Gold, but...it wasn't like that at all.

I second Cthulhu and SS 2.

Dementium and it's sequel are quite scary too.

Dementium is an awesome horror FPS series, for sure!

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2011, 11:36 am

All I know is:

Dead Space
Silent Hill
Condemned

ARustyFirePlace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jul 2011, 9:53 pm

people think Left 4 dead is scary? wtf? I get uneasy playing games most people think aren't scary (HL2, Ocarina of Time) but L4D isn't scary IMO, more of a parody.

Anyway,

5. Resi 3
4. Resi 2
3. Penumbra Overture
2. Stalker Series (those games are damn creepy)
1. Amnesia by far, I bought that game and never really played it lol, just watched a guy play through it on Youtube.

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 1:31 am

None really! Kind of disappointing because I'm looking for a good horror game...

Anyone know of any good horrors available for the PS3?
I played Dead Space and Dead Space 2 but they did nothing for me.

But ummm, to add to this thread... There was a part of Heavy Rain and Bioshock that freaked me a tad.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 8:52 am

Oceanside Hotel, a disturbingly atmospheric level on Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beyOVewtsig[/youtube]

There are no enemies in the level, but all the páintings/jars/elevators the ghost throw at you will leave you very paranoid. On my first playthrough, I went through the whole level sneaking and looking at everything that could be thrown at me. :lol:

Dingo7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jul 2011, 10:56 am

I havent played many of whats been mentioned but reading these posts has convinced me to try some... :)
For the ones i have played...

Silent hill cant remember which one it was...

The first alien vs predator game on PC... just couldnt bring myself to play as the marine when i was younger... The second one was just as bad... predicting where the xenos would strike from was just as unsettling as their surprise tactics

The first resident evil...

cant think of any more... Any of those early shooters like doom had pretty spooky vibes...