Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

one1ai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jun 2006, 1:40 am

Right now, I'm thinking about how long I'll stay on the forums, usually I get very many interesting subjects to read so, I can't get out from here very easily.
I haven't even set a time limit, on how much I should stay.

In the past I've set time limits but have had even a hard time following them, just like when you wake up and the alarm keeps making noise and I turn it off, later when I wake up I've forgotten that I turned it off.
(the solution would be to put the alarm on top of something very tall, or put it under some heavy stuff, but with enough holes to keep hearing it)

Now I thought that these two paragraphs of text described what I experience as "executive functioning".

Now I'll tell about my 3rd view:
For example, now I'm sitting at the computer, I don't know when I'm going to leave.
Solution: I could make a rule that tells me to use an alarm, set to count down to zero in 1hour or 30minutes, let's say 30minutes.
That's the first step.
2nd step: after I've left the computer I can't return if not 15 minutes have passed, so I take a good brake from it, again by using a countdown alarm(too bad I only have countdown alarms on the computer) so instead I note what a certain clock is(even noting seconds if possible), and possibly open the computer when there is a 15 minute difference.

(4th thought)
Now I could also make a rule of when to hit the submit button, also making a limit of let's say 15minutes. Even if I'm not finished with this message, I could still edit it anyway, so then I might need a rule for edit too, if I find it different then the starting of a thread or reply post.
(anyway now I'll hit the submit button without any timer limit)

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 3:35 am

yeah im addicted to my computer as well...i try to get out an dplay volleyball or go for a walk.
you should get out more too..i mean this literally and not in a smart arese nt way (im aspie)

good luck

Morphia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jun 2006, 9:51 am

I can spend 4/5 hours on the computer, without stopping to eat, drink or go to the loo, this is usually when i'm writing but it can be online....its a terrible habit!! !

one1ai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jun 2006, 4:38 am

Morphia wrote:
I can spend 4/5 hours on the computer, without stopping to eat, drink or go to the loo, this is usually when i'm writing but it can be online....its a terrible habit!! !

Would you prefer to take a break every 30 minutes, or would it be too often?

donkey wrote:
yeah im addicted to my computer as well...i try to get out and play volleyball or go for a walk.

Is it easy for you to find company to play volleyball with?