What things did you happen to lose?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 11:31 am

I got inspired by some thread from a parents board, concerning kids losing things at school. Were there any belongings you lost either at school or in other places? Were they later found by you? There weren't too many things I ever lost throughout my life but it did happen to me a couple of times, especially at school. Once, in a sanatorium, I lost a mini towel I forgot to take leaving this place. Three years later, I couldn't find my watch after my PE class so I just got a new one on the occassion of my fifteenth birthday that took place very soon - two weeks afterwards, when mom was doing laundry, it turned out I just had put my watch into the back pocket of my jeans when I was changing my trousers for shorts before the lesson started. I also once, in third grade, lost my scarf at school. I never got it back.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 12:17 pm

I am continually in search for something, both literally and philosophically. In school, I lost a graphing calculator once and a coat or two. Most of the things I lose, like you said, end up showing sooner or later. Right now, I can't find the key for my drill.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 12:23 pm

I always cared for my things because I felt I'd have been severely (by my standards) punished at home if I was irresponsible enough to let myself lose something. I remember when I was maybe 10, I lost my pen (it was a four-colored one so it was something better and more expensive than an ordinary pen) and told at home that it got damaged because I felt such an excuse would be better than admitting I had no idea what happened to it - in the former case I wasn't to blame. Later it turned out some girl with whom I shared my desk, accidentally put it into her pencil case by mistake. I'd be shouted at for being such an irresponsible kid who lost her stuff like a young child while money doesn't grow on trees.

Last edited by Irulan on 05 Dec 2010, 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 12:35 pm

I lost my coat once.. I think I lost that one at school, or on the bus. And I lost my Pikachu nano-pet thing, the little yellow one that got exercise when you shook it or something. I lost that on a plane trip. Actually I lost all my nano-pets/tamagotchis. I had sooo many.. a couple I dropped in the ocean, and the last one I left on a podium when my friends and I were messing around on a stage.
I am a responsible parent. XD

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 2:09 pm

I lose pens and pencils all the time.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 2:23 pm

One time I lost my Gameboy Color and my Pokemon Gold game in the hospital when my sister was having surgery.

Another time I lost my Super Mario Galaxy game and it was missing for months, until my mom found it inside the VCR. Apparently my nephew had put it in there.

Yet another time, I lost my iPod Nano and I found it inside of my printer. Yeah, I don't know how to explain that one.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 4:12 pm

I lost an iPod years ago and never found it.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 4:33 pm

I lost my Nintendo DS and was never able to find it and we literally searched like the whole house and it was unfortunate that it just disappeared out of the blue. :(

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 5:24 pm

I can't imagine the consequences awaiting me at home if I ever happened to lose the things you are describing 8O My mother would be so pissed off.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 5:32 pm

I've lost my mind in the January of 2007 and I got it back in the September of 2009. :lol:

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 6:12 pm

I never lost anything, but many years ago some kids stole me some things.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 10:03 pm

I've lost $50 before.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 8:06 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've lost $50 before.

And my mom FOUND 50 zlotys once, a couple of years back - she bought herself an umbrella for it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 8:10 am

I've lost my temper just a few minutes ago, but I got it back and I'm happy now. :lol:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Dec 2010, 11:50 am

i've lost my atm card before and some clown used it to fill up his gas tanks Lol. That was before i didnt ruin my credit so now i wont have that problem, I've also lost some of my fire agates but found them again. :D

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 4:33 pm

ive lost my phone and wallet drunkenly but recovered them the next day. I only had $10 in it anyway so i was alright with the trade off of losing tn bucks for the return of all my cards and whatnot....

ive lost an expensive marmot raincoat at a concert once and my phone every week from forgetting where I left it.