Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 7:36 pm

Well, the first and second rules are that I'm not supposed to talk about it.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Dec 2010, 8:15 pm

I need a good one, that always is badass!

Howabout, * if you're talking and I yawn that doesnt mean i'm not listening?

credit butterflies

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 8:40 pm

I'm already inspired by this one. "I'm no sockpuppet, I'm just a puppet on a string ;)"

Why did I put that there? Because I have a mind of my own yet I put a puppet on a string because I often feel like I've been controlled in the past.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 10:21 pm

My signature is from "How the Rhinoceros Got His Skin" by Rudyard Kippling.

I really like the cadence of the lines. And I like the mysterious threat of "dreadful mistakes". And maybe what it's saying is that we all do things out of self interest that lead to repercussions far out of proportion with our actions.

And then there's the guilty joy in getting revenge on the borish rhinoceros. I mean this guy keeps making cakes and the darned rhino keeps stealing them. Who wouldn't want to make him suffer just a bit?

I'm not sure who I identify with more... The rhinoceros or the Parsee man.

Silhouette-Song
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Dec 2010, 10:27 pm

It's a line from a movie I enjoy. I like musicals, I especially like musicals where people sing while they tear apart others. It's interesting...
It also has a point.

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 10:35 pm

On May 13, 2008 I had ridden my bicycle and guitar to a day treatment house. I played some guitar and later was standing by someone who was playing the piano there. I'm not sure if sharps or flats were mentioned, but somehow I was inspired to come up with the phrase. It applies to everyone, not just Bicycling Guitarists! I like the phrase so much that it is on the home page of my web site. It will also be the title of my next album of original songs, and probably the title of my autobiography, or should I say, bicyclebiography.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 10:40 pm

"Video meliora, proboque; deteriora sequor" is a quote from Ovid meaning, roughly, "I see the better way, and I approve of it, but I follow the worse way." I chose it because I often see the better way but fail to follow it, and being constantly followed by these words serves as an ever-present reminder to be mindful of this.

Sahmiam
Raven
Raven

06 Dec 2010, 11:20 pm

I don't have one. That may mean I have difficulty defining myself, or that there is nothing I'm so connected to that I need to carry it with me though every post. Actually, I couldn't be bothered to put something down in the signature box. I should go back and do that sometime.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 11:43 pm

Um, existentialism + my last.fm

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 12:05 am

Mine was a reminder to see the world through naked eyes and to leave prejudice and biases out if you want to see everything as it really is.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 12:17 am

What was said about my role model by one of The Kinks managers said in the 60s, and the fact that I have the same looks and temperament that he had, back than inspired my signature.

I think I know what I see when I look in my mirror, without my camera in my face.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 4:22 am

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2945837/1/H ... nsequences

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHxyZaZlaOs[/youtube]

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 4:40 am

Kaybee wrote:
"Video meliora, proboque; deteriora sequor" is a quote from Ovid meaning, roughly, "I see the better way, and I approve of it, but I follow the worse way." I chose it because I often see the better way but fail to follow it, and being constantly followed by these words serves as an ever-present reminder to be mindful of this.

Great Idea.

Mine was stolen from a Buddhist Geeks blog post, I think. I had a similar sentiment, but couldn't put it in a nice snappy form. "Generosity of spirit does not know recession". I think I might change soon.

I had
"The future is up for grabs. It belongs to any and all who will take the responsibility of consciously creating the future they want."

for the longest time, as a reminder to myself that I am building my own future with my actions in the present. It's a bit Buddhist, but it actually came from Robert Anton Wilson.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 5:19 am

sluice wrote:
Mine was a reminder to see the world through naked eyes and to leave prejudice and biases out if you want to see everything as it really is.

Was? What was the signature?

Moog wrote:
Kaybee wrote:

Great Idea.

Mine was stolen from a Buddhist Geeks blog post, I think. I had a similar sentiment, but couldn't put it in a nice snappy form. "Generosity of spirit does not know recession". I think I might change soon.

Thanks. ^_^ I like your signature. It serves as a reminder to me when I see it, too. I think I would do well to be more generous of spirit.

Moog wrote:
I had
"The future is up for grabs. It belongs to any and all who will take the responsibility of consciously creating the future they want."
for the longest time, as a reminder to myself that I am building my own future with my actions in the present. It's a bit Buddhist, but it actually came from Robert Anton Wilson.

Sounds Randian (Ayn Randian, that is).

Edit: I've edited this an extra time just to say that I've edited this approximately a quarter of a billion times. And all this time, I thought I knew how to type and copy-paste.

Last edited by Kaybee on 07 Dec 2010, 5:27 am, edited 6 times in total.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 5:20 am

Beethoven.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 11:34 am

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway - Anyway

Anyway, they say she comes on a pale horse,
But I'm sure I hear a train.
O boy! I don't even feel no pain -
I guess I must be driving myself insane.
Damn it all! does earth plug a hole in heaven,
Or heaven plug a hole in earth - 'how wonderful to be so profound,
when everything you are is dying underground.'