Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

aspiefeminist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Dec 2010, 7:39 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post it in but I figured it was worth a shot.

I have an iTouch now after my psychiatrist suggested I get one. In a lot of ways it is really great and useful.

I am trying to download more apps for it and specifically ones that will be useful for AS reasons. If anyone has suggestions for which ones to buy or experiences with any (to buy or not to buy) please let me know.

Things I'm interested in:
organizational
mood tracker
journal
medication refill reminders
basic hygiene logs (brushing teeth, showering, hours of sleep, etc)
mind mapping
help with acute anxiety

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 8:20 pm

I use a calendar app called Calengoo, because it has a snooze function for the alerts (stock iCalendar app doesn't). The trouble is the option to snooze only appears half the time. Also, if more than one alert happens before you dismiss the first one, the awknowledgment of the subsequent ones doesn't work. Also, Calengoo has an option to re-alert every minute in cae you missed the first one.

Honestly, I find the iTouch pretty bad as a reminder-device. There are strange holes in it's functionality like lack of snooze or re-alert. There's also no graphic EQ, strangely. People have been complaining to Apple about those things for years, but Apple ignores it.
Whenever I get the money, I plan to get an Android device. I do find the iTouch a nice music/podcast player, though.