Should I get Fallout: New Vegas for PC or Xbox 360?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 3:19 pm

I have a brilliant PC which can pretty much play any new game with full graphics, and I want to take advantage of that more because I have been seriously lacking in buying games for the PC for a long time. I want to get Fallout New Vegas so I can get really stuck into it. I also have an Xbox 360 but it is stupidly loud (had an extra powerful fan fitted in) and it overheats. If I were to get it for 360 though, I would get Achievements. People have complained about the PC version though because you have to update through Steam apparently.

So yeah, should I get it for the PC or 360? And don't say "Neither, PS3". We have a PS3 but it is my dad's and we're not allowed to play games on it :( .

Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2010, 3:21 pm

I have it for 360 and the load times start getting worse until they're almost intolerable after a couple hours. This is with it installed on the hard-drive. Resetting the cache didn't help either. If I was getting it for the first time I'd get the PC one, even though I have PS3 also.

Solid_Snake12345
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Dec 2010, 3:36 pm

The PC. The Mods alone make it worth it but the console commands also are of huge benefit in case you encounter any glitches like disappearing characters or items.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 4:09 pm

New Vegas is VERY glitchy on the 360. I don't play PC games as I enjoy my 62 inch television and my sofa too much, but if I was going to pick a game that would be better off on the PC - that would be the one.

jayroo79
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Dec 2010, 4:55 pm

Get it for the PC or PS3. I don't think PS3 has been patched yet so that narrows it down for you if you are concerned with bugs.
Personally it wouldn't be a Fallout game to me without bugs.

"Power is the reason that we all are fighting for, control your body, your soul and heart. Yes- some of us who surrender are like lambs to the slaughter; get the power & try harder to reach the next stage."
-SMT III

HenryKrinkle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Dec 2010, 5:06 pm

I love consoles but I'd get it for the PC for the mods and mouse/keyboard controls.

chaotik_lord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 5:32 pm

PC. I prefer the comfort of console play, but for a game like this, the PC will give you the best experience.

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2010, 9:14 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKIkw3LIoQ[/youtube]

That is all.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2010, 1:31 am

Definitely get it for the PC. The PC has achievements too. There is even a huge modding community out here on the internet too. There are even mods that improved the atmosphere of the game in terms of graphics too.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2010, 2:07 pm

PC. PC. PC.

You can tailor the game to your liking and that boosts it's replayability ten time over. Possible to fix/correct bugs as you run into them through the console. And of course, the joy of mods.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2010, 4:34 pm

I've heard it's better on PC.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2010, 7:28 pm

PC, because any steps, no matter how small, that lead to loss of support from consoles are steps towards a brighter future for the gaming industry.

The year is still young.