Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

sk80516
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Dec 2010, 10:45 pm

I believe I am the third generation of AS in my family

From what I have read on the subject, I seem different or opposite then the typical AS
I was a late bloomer in every way, and did not know what, made me who I am, until about 4 years ago, I am 35.
I am very outgoing, very social person
I have varied interests, I am usually very good at everything I do
I am a looker, and I make very direct eye contact when conversing
I care very greatly, maybe obsessive, about how I look and how people see me
I love to be touched, and cant seem to ever get enough love sometimes, I seem to very sexual
Music touches me in a way like nothing else does, I have been into Metal and progressive metal since I was a teen and started playing guitar, I have seen my favorite band 24 times(TOOL)
I seem to have to many irons in the fire then I can handle, musical projects, photography projects, just too many projects sometimes
I don't do well with intimate relationships, though I keep trying, and putting people through hell in learning my strange patterns and I start hurting them, they don't last more then a year before they are so exhausted by trying to please me or make me happy
I want happiness and to make someone else happy also
I seem to be the opposite from most with this disorder, and I am looking to see if that is true
But it seems hard for he to think, without great trials and errors, that I can have a relationship with a nuero-typical women
I just think at times, and without knowing it, I am way too Intense, and always looking for peace
Thanks all for reading and your advise

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2010, 11:02 pm

sk80516 wrote:
I believe I am the third generation of AS in my family

From what I have read on the subject, I seem different or opposite then the typical AS
I was a late bloomer in every way, and did not know what, made me who I am, until about 4 years ago, I am 35.
I am very outgoing, very social person
I have varied interests, I am usually very good at everything I do
I am a looker, and I make very direct eye contact when conversing
I care very greatly, maybe obsessive, about how I look and how people see me
I love to be touched, and cant seem to ever get enough love sometimes, I seem to very sexual
Music touches me in a way like nothing else does, I have been into Metal and progressive metal since I was a teen and started playing guitar, I have seen my favorite band 24 times(TOOL)
I seem to have to many irons in the fire then I can handle, musical projects, photography projects, just too many projects sometimes
I don't do well with intimate relationships, though I keep trying, and putting people through hell in learning my strange patterns and I start hurting them, they don't last more then a year before they are so exhausted by trying to please me or make me happy
I want happiness and to make someone else happy also
I seem to be the opposite from most with this disorder, and I am looking to see if that is true
But it seems hard for he to think, without great trials and errors, that I can have a relationship with a nuero-typical women
I just think at times, and without knowing it, I am way too Intense, and always looking for peace
Thanks all for reading and your advise

If it doesn't look like a duck, quack like a duck, or walk like a duck....why would you think it's a duck? There are many other birds aside from ducks and there are many other things that cause social problems aside from AS.

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 1:08 am

How do you score on things like the AQ test?

You wouldn't be unique in the circumstances you describe - I too can see several generations of aspies in my past. I thought I was just like everyone else until I was fifty-two, remaining casually blind to the evidence of repeated business failures, social isolation, shattered marriage...

sk80516
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Dec 2010, 1:43 am

I have not heard of the AQ test, but I will look into that and hopefully have a answer.
I was clinically diagnosed with AS 4-5 years ago, after being fed up my whole life with being labeled as adhd I went looking for other options, I knew I was more complex then that, and when I was 30 I figured out this. And now I know why me and my father act, or react the ways that we do. I am just hoping I do find the ways to be peaceful, and not cause torment to those we love.
Thanks for your feedback

sk80516
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Dec 2010, 3:30 am

peterd wrote:
How do you score on things like the AQ test?

You wouldn't be unique in the circumstances you describe - I too can see several generations of aspies in my past. I thought I was just like everyone else until I was fifty-two, remaining casually blind to the evidence of repeated business failures, social isolation, shattered marriage...

I had taken that once before, I just took it again and scored a 29

Malisha
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Dec 2010, 7:10 pm

If it helps, I have a great many non-typical characteristics of Aspiedom.
-very sexual but I hate to be touched (at all) by anyone I'm not in a relationship with. otherwise love to be petted. unless i'm overloaded.
-i like talking to people, but no more than two or three at a time
-i like listening to people rant about things they are passionate about
-i also like metal and suchlike, despite sensory processing disorders(maybe i like it even more because of them)
-i'm very creative
-i have my own brand of "intuition": i notice details and small changes in routine that other people don't and with this I can often tell when someone I love is feeling emotional duress

It sounds like your obsessive interest is creative projects. Maybe you need to find someone who shares these interests. Or someone who is just as passionate as you are, but about something else.
A lot of people who don't know me that well think I am some "free spirit", arty chick, type B personality. Then they move my tupperwares. DON'T EVER MOVE MY TUPPERWARES.

Autism is a spectrum. We might have common general problems, but we're different PEOPLE. I think some Aspies and Auties forget that sometimes.

sk80516
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Dec 2010, 7:36 pm

I do hope I find someone that is as creative and has drive like I do.
Music has now been my main mechanism of coping with the stresses in my relationships, always there for me and can never judge or misunderstand me
Today was hard being Christmas Eve, everyone is happy but me it seems, I felt like staying in all day, but I had to drop off these wonderful cookies I made last night to this waitress I like.
She was not there, so my outlook on the holidays just got worse, sad how life works, or does not work sometimes
Spent the day with my best friend/Ex kinda, she tried very hard to brighten my day.
We have at least been civil for a week now, but I try to stay optimistic that we can still be close and she seems to make sure we stay close
Just not the close I was used to or had before, I am praying to find the will to re-adjust still
And we do have a bond that is very close, seemingly know-matter what
I don't seem to know what to do about this but wait and see
Thanks for all your wonderful feedback, and Merry Christmas
Sean