Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TijuanaLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jun 2006, 8:29 pm

Lupine_Ragdoll wrote:
or it'll be to do with a funny image in my head, which I can't accurately describe. Often someone will say something that will put a funny image into my head, and then I'll be trying desperately not to laugh while others are wondering what's so funny. :oops: :lol:

I have this with images too. :lol:
Exaclty the same!!

I take my self seriously, but I do have a good sense of humor, though I am not the one-joke-after-the-other kind of person.
I do laught but most of my friends laugh more than me
thats because Im more selective...but also kind of Impolite ; if I dont find sth funny I wont laugh because I cant fake it (I look very stupid when I do this).

:arrow: Can I ask u people a question: Do YOU laugh with YOUR jokes?

ARW_AS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jun 2006, 6:00 am

I'm uptight, but not as tight as a duck's arse. I can pretty much relate to everything the threadstarter said.

For example I don't find all these s**t movies that 'normal' people go to see funny in the slightest, but hey, that's just me.

Last edited by ARW_AS on 27 Jun 2006, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barracuda
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2006, 2:03 pm

I don't think I really take anything seriously any more. The only time I'm serious is where I'm writing. Then everything needs to be serious.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2006, 5:14 pm

i like to be taken seriously too and i've gotten screwed over several times because of it. i'm not to fond of humor unless it appeals to me like the sprite comic ansem retort.

AV-geek
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2006, 5:51 pm

I have been branded with a bland sense of humor primarily because of the fact that I don't ridicule people for humor. This is something that many NT's do regularly, and seem to shrug it off. I don't find much humor in putting someone down, and don't like someone doing it to me. Like Mysteriously absent, I too have a hard time reading people when they attempt to be funny by being serious about something. Oddly enough, this is one of the few areas of humor I am good at, and i believe it's becasue I tend to send out mixed signals and body language anyways, so people I'm communicating with can't tell if I'm serious or not.

Instead, I find situational humor much more amusing. For instance, I was laughing insanely about a news story where a chicken truck hauling live chickens wrecked on the interstate. Chickens were running everywhere, and the police were chasing them around the road trying to gather them up. Some of my NT friends were barely only mildly amused