Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

renegade
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Jan 2005, 10:31 am

I've decided to stop being a voyeur here and join the crowd, a rare occurrence under any circumstances. Prior to discovering Asperger's but being introspective and self-analytical, I had mentally catalogued my personality quirks (i.e., Aspie traits; e.g., having to remember to tell people hello and agonizing how to word "hello," chatting annoys me, not responding to social cues in the way that other people take for granted) and attributed them to my nurturing, or lack thereof. Then, I found and took an Aspie test online and passed (borderline). The convincing factor for me was the physical manifestation (e.g., sitting cross-legged as I type, lights and noises distract me). I still believe I'm a combination of nature (Asperger's) and nurture (long Southern gothic story a la Tennessee Williams or Flannery O'Connor), the lack of nurture perhaps exacerbating the nature.

I'm generally reticent so I probably won't post much either. If I'm in the right place, no one will take it personally. I just wanted to say hello and yeah, I'm an animal lover, too (my kids are all nonhuman, four-legged, and furry).

jman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2005, 11:15 am

Welcome Renegade,

I am also a board lurker.

Justin

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2005, 12:38 pm

I'm a board lurker... yes...

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2005, 2:16 pm

Welcome to the board- feel free to lurk or post as little or as often as you like :)

Mel

renegade
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Jan 2005, 3:32 pm

Thanks for the welcomes and the new term. Board lurker sounds less lurid, less stalkerish than voyeur.

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2005, 11:01 am

I lurk a lot. Just keeping current on reading takes a lot of time. Once in awhile I get time to sit here and actually reply to what I'm reading. Like this morning. :D