Page 23 of 27 [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 1:55 pm

ruveyn wrote:
At least the Jewish god can get if for you wholesale.

:lol:

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 2:12 pm

Tequila wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
There is such thing as adoption Tequila

You still want to force a woman to give birth to her rapist's child. There are other problems with adoption, too.

I think that all options should be left open in cases where the woman has been raped.

It is my belief that the child's right to exist trumps the mother's rights in this instance. Killing the kid makes it so we now have a murder victim in addition to a rape victim and just compounds the issue and cheapens the value of human life.

I'm not dehumanizing the woman here, I can't support abortion I simply can't dehumanize the children that are the result of rape. I can't dehumanize my cousin's son, nor do I want to.

That's why I can't support abortion even when rape was involved.

That said, I'm all for capital punishment when it comes to serial rapists as well as castration.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 5:06 pm

Of course, a woman really has no better use for her body or her time than taking care of a rapist's fetus and child. In the first place, it really is her fault for enticing him. And, it is her fault if she can't keep her knees together. And, of course, it becomes absolutely legitimate the moment her vagina becomes moist.

I'm surprised that the Republican Party hasn't proposed a law requiring women to marry their rapists.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 5:10 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Hey ArrantPariah, you're kinda proof that it's easy for someone to be okay with abortion when you dehumanize the child.

And, you're "kinda" proof that it is easy for someone to be okay with rape when you dehumanize the lady.

I'm actually debating whether or not what you just said would qualify as flaming and if I should report you for it.

If you ever make a comment like that directed towards me again, I will report you for flaming me, IS THAT CLEAR?

You started it. If you can't take it, then you shouldn't be dishing it out and tattling to moderators when people respond tit for tat.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 5:53 pm

Inuyasha wrote:

And people wonder why I have such a low opinion of liberals...

By the by, you've plagiarized Fatso, verbatim.

And, no, no-one is wondering why you plagiarized Fatso.

The only thing I wonder is: do you still get paid the full five cents, when your post contains an obvious plagiarism?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 8:31 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Hey ArrantPariah, you're kinda proof that it's easy for someone to be okay with abortion when you dehumanize the child.

And, you're "kinda" proof that it is easy for someone to be okay with rape when you dehumanize the lady.

I'm actually debating whether or not what you just said would qualify as flaming and if I should report you for it.

If you ever make a comment like that directed towards me again, I will report you for flaming me, IS THAT CLEAR?

You started it. If you can't take it, then you shouldn't be dishing it out and tattling to moderators when people respond tit for tat.

In the case of my comment you're just upset cause I called you out. You still haven't said that my assessment of you wasn't accurate, probably cause it was accurate.

Furthermore, I actually have a cousin that was raped, and you're telling me that I don't care about her and you expect me not to take offense?

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 9:13 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

In the case of my comment you're just upset cause I called you out. You still haven't said that my assessment of you wasn't accurate, probably cause it was accurate.

Furthermore, I actually have a cousin that was raped, and you're telling me that I don't care about her and you expect me not to take offense?

That's it. I'm telling a moderator on you RIGHT NOW!! ! :shameonyou:

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 9:14 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

That's it. I'm telling a moderator on you RIGHT NOW!! ! :shameonyou:

:roll:

Your attempt to feign outrage isn't very believable.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 9:16 pm

You're WAY OUT OF LINE!! !! :shameonyou:

You're going to get a spanking.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 9:20 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:

:roll:

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 10:17 pm

QED

30 Oct 2012, 3:46 am

GGPViper wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
First of all, that study is quite dated(14 years ago).

It's results were replicated in another meta-analysis in The Scientific review of Mental Health Practice in 2005-2006.
http://www.ipce.info/library_3/files/rb ... /frame.htm

And this study *explicitly* incorporated the methodological criticism previously raised against the validity of the Rind et al. study.

Oh, and the age of a study does not in itself have an influence on its validity.

AspieRogue wrote:
Second of all, it is a STATISTICAL STUDY and you cannot prove anything with statistics!

So I guess all those people working in statistical mechanics (like Maxwell and Einstein) were just charlatans...

AspieRogue wrote:
WTF makes you think that this single study somehow represents the opinion of the modern psychological establishment?

First of all, I couldn't care less about the *opinion* of the modern psychological establishment. I care about the evidence.

Oh, and this (page 27 in the article):

Applying the above criteria produced 59 usable studies (see the Appendix) consisting of 36 published studies, 21 unpublished dissertations and 2 unpublished master's theses. These studies yielded 70 independent samples for estimating prevalence rates, , 54 independent samples for computing 54 sample-level 214 symptom level effect sizes, 21 independent samples that provided retrospectively recalled reaction data, 10 independent samples that provided data on current reflections, and 11 independent samples that reported data on self-reported effects. Prevalence rates were based on 35,703 participants (13,704 men and 21,999 women). Effect size for psychological correlates were based on 15,824 participants (3,254 men from 18 samples and 12,570 women from 40 samples).

"Single study" :roll:?

And as mentioned earlier, the American Association for the Advancement of Science found no fault with the study (despite the US senate condemning it in a 100-0 vote)... I guess they didn't care about *opinions* either...

AspieRogue wrote:
A big reason I question the accuracy of this study is the text quoted below from the article(in bold). I hope you understand.

From the article:

Problems of scientific validity of the term CSA are perhaps
most apparent when contrasting cases such as the repeated rape
of a 5-year-old girl by her father and the willing sexual involvement
of a mature 15-year-old adolescent boy with an unrelated
adult. Although the former case represents a clear violation of
the person with implications for serious harm, the latter may
represent only a violation of social norms with no implication
for personal harm (Bauserman & Rind, 1997). By combining
events likely to produce harm with those that are not into a
unitary category of CSA, valid understanding of the pathogenicity
of CSA is threatened (Okami, 1994). The tendency by researchers
to label cases such as the latter as abuse reflects the
slippage of legal and moral constructs into scientific definitions
(Okami, 1990, 1994). Basing scientific classifications of sexual
behavior on legal and moral criteria was pervasive a half century
ago (Kinsey, Pomeroy, & Martin, 1948); more recently, this
practice has been confined to a much smaller set of sexual
behaviors, particularly those labeled CSA.
With these caveats in mind regarding the scientific shortcomings
of the term CSA, we have nevertheless retained it for use
in the current article because of its pervasive use in the scientific
literature and because many researchers as well as lay persons
view all types of sociolegally defined CSA as harmful.

Actually, now you are proving *my* point. The Rind et al. study questioned the validity of the term "Child Sexual Abuse" (CSA) because the term is "Begging the Question", thus assuming that a certain activity is harmful before actually investigating whether this is true or not. In fact, on page 46, based on their review of existing studies, they reach the conclusion that CSA is not a scientifically meaningful term at all, as it encompassed psychological categories with very different characteristics.

Oh, and that particular passage is irrelevant to the statistical evidence provided, so I fail to see how it can challenge the "accuracy" of the article.

They could of course have used more scientifically neutral terms like "Adult-Child-Sex" or "Adult-Adolescent Sex" (as suggested on page 46), but then the political fallout would probably have been even worse.

mds_02 wrote:
That study is flawed. It depends on self-reported reactions to the abuse, then concludes that men don't respond as negatively as women. It does not, however, take into account the fact that men are far less likely to admit to emotional distress.

You of course have scientific evidence to back up this claim, right? And BTW, Is your claim even falsifiable?:

First of all, statistical mechanics has no relevance whatsoever to statistical studies in the field of psychology. What I think of CSA in the context of boys being sexually abused, I do not regard statutory rape as "sexual abuse". I am thinking of sexual abuse that involves penetration(which is almost always done by an older male but theoretically *could* be done by a woman with a strap-on but that is certainly quite rare) and from what I've read(not just in studies but from survivor accounts)is that THAT is the most psychologically traumatizing form of sexual abuse which we should really just call it for what it is: CHILD RAPE.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 7:34 am

AspieRogue wrote:
What I think of CSA in the context of boys being sexually abused, I do not regard statutory rape as "sexual abuse".

I would agree. But, would you cut it off at puberty? I remember part of the book Emmanuelle where a woman sucked off a pre-pubescent boy. Would that be "sexual abuse?" A high school athlete certainly wouldn't be traumatized, but I don't know about younger boys, or how I would have taken it back then. Probably I would have been traumatized, but I'm not neurotypical.

AspieRogue wrote:
I am thinking of sexual abuse that involves penetration(which is almost always done by an older male but theoretically *could* be done by a woman with a strap-on but that is certainly quite rare) and from what I've read(not just in studies but from survivor accounts)is that THAT is the most psychologically traumatizing form of sexual abuse which we should really just call it for what it is: CHILD RAPE.

I suppose if the sexy female high school teacher had forcibly stripped off the student-athlete's clothes, tied him to the hood of a car, and then went to work on his schlong, while he vainly kicked and screamed, then we'd have a case for rape. But, that isn't what happened.

30 Oct 2012, 8:03 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
What I think of CSA in the context of boys being sexually abused, I do not regard statutory rape as "sexual abuse".

I would agree. But, would you cut it off at puberty? I remember part of the book Emmanuelle where a woman sucked off a pre-pubescent boy. Would that be "sexual abuse?" A high school athlete certainly wouldn't be traumatized, but I don't know about younger boys, or how I would have taken it back then. Probably I would have been traumatized, but I'm not neurotypical.

AspieRogue wrote:
I am thinking of sexual abuse that involves penetration(which is almost always done by an older male but theoretically *could* be done by a woman with a strap-on but that is certainly quite rare) and from what I've read(not just in studies but from survivor accounts)is that THAT is the most psychologically traumatizing form of sexual abuse which we should really just call it for what it is: CHILD RAPE.

I suppose if the sexy female high school teacher had forcibly stripped off the student-athlete's clothes, tied him to the hood of a car, and then went to work on his schlong, while he vainly kicked and screamed, then we'd have a case for rape. But, that isn't what happened.

With regards to the 2nd paragraph, keep your sexual fantasies out of this forum plz. There's an *adult* forum for that.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 8:28 am

AspieRogue wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

AspieRogue wrote:

With regards to the 2nd paragraph, keep your sexual fantasies out of this forum plz. There's an *adult* forum for that.

I was merely pointing out that rape could occur, and still be traumatizing, even absent penetration by the rapist.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 10:06 am

ArrantPariah wrote:

I have to admit it took me a while to get used to the humor in your posts because I'm so, I dunno, "literal-oriented" or something. I suspect Inuyasha isn't that much different from me, and I think he could save himself a few headaches if he stopped taking you TOO seriously. But, then again, you probably COULD be a bit less provocative...