Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 12:45 am

Its going to be pretty strange and I dont know if I will have a good time. it is 6pm now... so 6 hours until midnight... I am alone and my boyfriend is working until 1am.

I am going to his restaurant at 11.30pm but i dont know if he will be able to see the new year in with me as he might be required to work in the kitchen all the way throughout...

So I dont know, i might end up standing outside the restaurant watching drunk people, and feeling rather lonely. Before 11.00pm I have no plans anyway. perhaps watch TV, visit some of the animals such as the goats and lambs, as I know where they are located at the moment.

Taking a break.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 1:16 am

I don't have any plans. It usually wouldn't bother me, but this year I'd actually like to spend it with someone.

I'm on break from school, so I'll probably do something boring yet relaxing, like watching movies or reading a book :wink:

indigo-oak
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Dec 2010, 1:50 am

Driving to my boyfriends house and probably just watch movies and hang out with our four dogs. Really hoping his mates don't end up coming over, if they do, I will probably just go home.

Going to take along my camera so might photograph in the new year.

ValaMephista
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Dec 2010, 2:11 am

Sigh. I haven't done anything for NYE since back in 2007 when I was abroad. Probably just wind up surfing the Net or watching the Top 10 One-Hit Wonders....again. That seems to be on every single year. And all too often there's nothing better on.

lissy983
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Dec 2010, 2:33 am

I have a date with farmville 8O

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 2:41 am

since i dropped cable, there is no CNN to watch the ball drop in real time- watching a west-coast 3-hour tape delay is just so much waste. so i will have to settle for the local yocals blasting their shotguns up in the air and setting off their left-over-from-july-4 fireworks. it would be futile to try to sleep through all that racket, so i will stay up and read.
and i say year after year to all those noisy people saying "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" - what is so blessed happy about it? alternatively, how does one know ahead of time that it will indeed be a happy new year? just wondering...

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 3:19 am

I'll probably go with my mom to see Tangled and watch the ball drop in Time's Square on television while surfing the internet.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 3:23 am

Descartes wrote:
I'll probably go with my mom to see Tangled and watch the ball drop in Time's Square on television while surfing the internet.

watch the ball drop on CNN/HNN, because that will be live. if you stay up 2 hours later to watch it on ABC's "new year's rockin' eve" [or whatever it's called nowadays] you will see only an old tape-delayed version of it. no good.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 3:49 am

I plan on going to the New Year's Eve party someone from one of my autism groups is holding. I also want to bring my baby with to show him off. I bet everyone would love to see him.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 9:22 am

Doing nothing. I don't stay up till midnight to watch the ball drop. I think it's so stupid to stand outside in NYC and watch the ball drop. :roll: It's the same stupid thing every year. Just going to be at home alone as usual.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 9:40 am

Going to a family member's house warming party, but only because I don't wanna stay home on New Year's Eve.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 12:31 pm

I'm going to a party held by my dad's cousin's wife. (Some of my dad's cousins are pretty young; I think that the girl holding the party is about 28.) I think it'll be all girls, but I'm not sure. It looked like, from the FB invite, that it would be other girls in High School and university. I think it'll be fun, because they're entertaining people. Plus, she has a really cute half-Chinese baby boy (she's Chinese) and I hope he'll be there. ^___^ I'm also taking my friend who is an exchange student from Japan. It will be very fun, I believe.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

31 Dec 2010, 12:34 pm

Nothing. i'll be in bed early more than likely :pig: