Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 2:09 pm

Any plans for New Years Eve, or will it be a party of one? I'll be staying over at my hideaway, really just a glorified storage facility for my various "collections", but with the singular advantage of a large fireworks-viewing window. I've checked the newspaper and, yes, there will be fireworks. As long as there aren't too many green ones--I hate the green in fireworks--it should be festive enough, even with that alcohol-free bubbly I've packed.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 2:13 pm

Nothing special, I'll probably just watch the fireworks on telly.

js3521
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2010, 2:21 pm

I'm going to watch Cosmos while I put together my new 1500 piece puzzle.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and having a bit of the ganj'

Last edited by js3521 on 30 Dec 2010, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 3:16 pm

I've got demons and zombies lined up for slaughter so I can save a girl :P

Other than that... nothing at all. The only thing the new year changes for me is that I constantly mess up by putting the wrong date on things for about a month or so into the new year. It's not much to celebrate for me I don't think :?

Personally I lost my interest in watching fire works when I almost lost an eye due to a stupid friend aiming one near my head awhile back :roll:

kruger4
Toucan
Toucan

30 Dec 2010, 5:07 pm

Going to a party with friends, getting stoned and wasted :D

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Dec 2010, 6:16 pm

Probably listen to the last broadcast of "The Music Box" hosted by Loran Fevens on my local National Public Radio station. Then call it a night and go to sleep.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 6:39 pm

I was going to do nothing but play Fallout or Final Fantasy 13 on my own but my friend invited me round his house; just a few friends. Now I just have to be calm about smoking weed, if I choose to. It's not the peer pressure, it's just I'm scared of what effect it will have on me :?

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 7:16 pm

Simonono wrote:
I was going to do nothing but play Fallout or Final Fantasy 13 on my own but my friend invited me round his house; just a few friends. Now I just have to be calm about smoking weed, if I choose to. It's not the peer pressure, it's just I'm scared of what effect it will have on me :?

Something like this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw[/youtube]

:lol:

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 7:18 pm

I probably will be hanging around behind the computer and tv, not really got plans.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 7:27 pm

Quote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw[/youtube]

Ahahaha I was actually listening to this earlier, love it :D

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 8:01 pm

I think I will be please when 2011 arrives, when out to take pictures with my new camera, thought I would go early as lots to do today. Anyway my husbands car sort of started rolling down a hill, lucky we was not in it, almost amusing if we... hadn't already started walking off up a track and so not much we could do. But thankfully no one was around and it stopped not far away on a bend. We have had it fixed over the last week twice and today it seems the brakes are having problems.

So I walked home, well over 2 hours, my husband did catch up with me, as manage to get the car working again, but was making strange noises and I allowed him to take me up the huge hill for those that know up to the sugar loaf, as had already walked well over 1 hour fast and anyway I so was not going to stay in that car down hill, so walked the rest of the way home. Exhausted but safe and in a strange way I enjoy the walk and a new year I will remember

I hope yours is all less eventful than mine, anyway off to relax..

Tonight I will have a quite one and watch the fireworks from my balcony

UPDATE gets better:
Apart from the crash that happen today with me involved and ourcar today, mentioed above, when we got back my husband before me, becuase I walked as there was no way I was getting back in the car, my husband decided he needed to go for a wa...lk of course I could not go as had New Year dinner to cook as already back late, anyway as had alot of things for the compose I took it down to the bottom of my garden, which was flooded because my husband forgot to turn the water off, it can not get any worst this year because it has already been one of my worst years for mnay reasons, anyway now I can see the amusing side and enjoying my New Year dinner and can not wait for this year to end, because next year has to be better :)

Last edited by asplanet on 31 Dec 2010, 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 8:28 pm

I think ritual ablutions, a banishing of the old year, and priming the new.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 8:57 pm

Maybe I'll read a book and listen to music for a change. I haven't been reading as much as I usually do lately.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 9:15 pm

Just the same as any other night: Peruse the internet, read, maybe watch a movie, maybe play a video game.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 10:51 pm

I'm celebrating Pete Quaife's Birthday, tomorrw!! !! ! :D

I'm also going to be at a celebration at my clubhouse, between 5 and 9. When I get home, I'll listen to The Kinks until Midnight!! !! ! :D

Happy Birthday to Pete! :)

Musicprophets
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Dec 2010, 12:14 am

i'll drink a few beers, watch a movie or browse the net and maybe watch 5 minutes of the ball dropping.