Am I good looking? Need girls' opinions...

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

On a scale of 1-10 (I know, I hate said scale too haha), how good looking am I?
1-4 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
5-6 21%  21%  [ 6 ]
7-8 61%  61%  [ 17 ]
9-10 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 28

Papa_Smurf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jan 2011, 6:42 pm

I totally hear you guys on the smiling thing, what you're seeing is the difference between my more spontaneous smile (ie #1) and my "taking a picture" smile. Obviously, the former is much more natural / better, it's just hard for me to consciously recreate it for whatever reason, even if I try thinking of something funny. Now I know I need to practice a little more thanks to everyone's feedback, which I appreciate and find very helpful! :D

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2011, 6:54 pm

Anyone notice that this guy has EXACTLY 9 post and this is the first thread he created?

Papa_Smurf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jan 2011, 7:35 pm

ApsieGuy wrote:
Anyone notice that this guy has EXACTLY 9 post and this is the first thread he created?

Pardon my ignorance, but where are you going with this?

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2011, 9:12 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx68Dm9tOJw[/youtube]

That's all I have to say. Are you sure you are not dating that blonde smurf

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2011, 9:24 pm

I understand what you're trying to achieve with this thread, but I don't think it will help you any.

Perceived attractiveness is an entirely subjective judgment - so figuring out an overall average rating for yourself will not apply to any specific individual girl you meet.

The best way to figure out if you are in a girl's league or not (a.k.a. if she's interested in you) is pretty much just to approach her and talk to her and see if she either tries to shrug you off or shows interested signals, like giving you her phone number or asking to see you again or something along those lines.

You could find in some cases you could approach a girl who seems to be of much lower attractiveness to you and find you are out of her league, or you could approach a girl who seems obviously much more attractive than you and find to your surprise she seems interested. Attractiveness is subjective, and girls are biologically wired to take many more factors than appearance into account when calculating the value of a potential mate.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 10:25 am

You look pretty sharp. If I was a girl I would go for you :) but alas I am a guy with a girlfriend.

Papa_Smurf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2011, 11:18 pm

sunshower wrote:
I understand what you're trying to achieve with this thread, but I don't think it will help you any.

Perceived attractiveness is an entirely subjective judgment - so figuring out an overall average rating for yourself will not apply to any specific individual girl you meet.

The best way to figure out if you are in a girl's league or not (a.k.a. if she's interested in you) is pretty much just to approach her and talk to her and see if she either tries to shrug you off or shows interested signals, like giving you her phone number or asking to see you again or something along those lines.

You could find in some cases you could approach a girl who seems to be of much lower attractiveness to you and find you are out of her league, or you could approach a girl who seems obviously much more attractive than you and find to your surprise she seems interested. Attractiveness is subjective, and girls are biologically wired to take many more factors than appearance into account when calculating the value of a potential mate.

Totally agree with you, this thread was honestly more a product of my curiosity than anything else haha

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 12:03 am

Papa_Smurf wrote:
I totally hear you guys on the smiling thing, what you're seeing is the difference between my more spontaneous smile (ie #1) and my "taking a picture" smile. Obviously, the former is much more natural / better, it's just hard for me to consciously recreate it for whatever reason, even if I try thinking of something funny. Now I know I need to practice a little more thanks to everyone's feedback, which I appreciate and find very helpful! :D

At least your smile is much better than my picture-taking smile. I look like a robot.