What if everybody is with Asperger in the whole world?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

EricS
Raven
Raven

03 Jan 2011, 10:42 pm

Do you think the world would be a better place if everyone, and I really mean everyone on earth, are aspergers people? To what I think, there might not be any wars. There would be understanding people everywhere, less anger, less fightings, less cheating. I think this world would be a better place if everyone is born an asperger.

Secret_Helper
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jan 2011, 11:01 pm

Good question, it would mean better rights to all people on the "AS" planet maybe advance technology beyond average and promote good will. However realisticly it still be the same when the world practices NT behaviors like warfare, anger, fighting etc...

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 11:25 pm

EricS wrote:
Do you think the world would be a better place if everyone, and I really mean everyone on earth, are aspergers people? To what I think, there might not be any wars. There would be understanding people everywhere, less anger, less fightings, less cheating. I think this world would be a better place if everyone is born an asperger.

Drive Aut Earth topic

If everyone is AS, then no one is. Thus there would nopt be a problem. :roll:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

sillycat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2011, 12:40 am

There actually wouldn't be any art, movies, music, paintings, land scaping, archetecture designed to bring people closer together. Movies is a social experience, going with your friends, or without, going out to dinner is a social experience going with friends and family sharing food or alone. etc etc

EricS
Raven
Raven

04 Jan 2011, 6:29 am

"There actually wouldn't be any art, movies, music, paintings, land scaping, archetecture designed to bring people closer together. Movies is a social experience, going with your friends, or without, going out to dinner is a social experience going with friends and family sharing food or alone. etc etc"
Silly cat, don't you know that there are aspies who are experts in art, movies(Tom Cruise), paintings, architecture, etc? Movies don't have to rely on parties and fighting and drugs that we see today.
Come to think of it, I think God should have created us all with asperger kind of good, caring, loyal, friendly, etc characteristics. There might not be any evil and terrible guys like Hitler, Ganghis Khan, murderers, rapists, wars, etc. It may not be exactly sinless, but sin less. What do you think?

EricS
Raven
Raven

04 Jan 2011, 6:31 am

"There actually wouldn't be any art, movies, music, paintings, land scaping, archetecture designed to bring people closer together. Movies is a social experience, going with your friends, or without, going out to dinner is a social experience going with friends and family sharing food or alone. etc etc"
Silly cat, don't you know that there are aspies who are experts in art, movies(Tom Cruise), paintings, architecture, etc? Movies don't have to rely on parties and fighting and drugs that we see today.
Come to think of it, I think God should have created us all with asperger kind of good, caring, loyal, friendly, etc characteristics. There might not be any evil and terrible guys like Hitler, Ganghis Khan, murderers, rapists, wars, etc. It may not be exactly sinless, but sin less. What do you think?

nikoa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Apr 2011, 5:33 am

Hmm, I just tough same yesterday. I have never met in real life person like me.. don't know if all asperger people are same and like other people aren't some bad, some good..hmm.. maybe different than this world, better who knows..exely heaven is described like world with aspergers only...

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2011, 5:39 am

I recently read in an article in a law journal about criminology that basically said that people with autism disorders (Asperger's Syndrome, HFA) tend to be less likely to commit crimes, as most of them are used to adapt to a set off rules and then following them precisely, and go to great lengths to not break them. If that's true, then the world would at least be a safer place.

Nordlys
Toucan
Toucan

03 May 2011, 7:22 am

No. It would not be a better place. Autistic, as human being can have good side and dark side and so there will be good people and evil people. there will be anyways conflict between nations, maybe less, but there will be.

Yes, as technology it would be different. Probably the world would be more advanced. and respect for nature.

For art i think there will be. AS people (naturally it depends from person for person, just for not generalize) enjoy reading books, comics or watch a film. But, for sure only very talented artist will be well known (Maybe no one would know Twilight)

- La diversità è l'elemento principe del mondo -

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2014, 2:54 am

EricS wrote:

I can't say for sure if the world would be better or worse than it is currently. It would definitely be different, though.

P. S.: Why is this in the foreign language forum?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 3:37 pm

if everybody had Aspergers, then it wouldn't be called Aspergers. it would be called 'normal'.

still, we would probably feel a lot less bullied/ostracized because mostly everyone is just like us, and we all share a similar set of difficulties. still it would be a lot harder for those aspies who thrive on social interaction if everyone else just wants to be in their own little bubble. Intellectually/scientifically speaking the world would be much different, i don't know about "better", but there would be less intolerants and religious nutjobs to slow us down.

there will still be evil and conflict in the world. us aspies aren't infallible moral angels. War, anger and murder aren't 'NT' things. they're human things.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Borden88
Raven
Raven

22 Aug 2014, 3:56 pm

I think it would change quite a bit, but people would still fight and stuff. There maybe still wars, maybe not as much, very interesting to think about.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 4:39 pm

I will ask a question: Do you really think tolerance, calmness and politeness is an aspie trait?

Sure, most asperger people tend to accept differences, are usually calm and don't intentionally hurt other people but for me it is a result of being raised in NT world where autistic behavior is not allowed and causes aspie to be bullied. You accept differences and become a better person when you are an oppressed minority as well. But if you don't get the experience and are raised in environment that considers you good no matter what you do you might not turn out as an accepting person anymore. Because you won't have to.

What if everyone was aspie and NTs were the wierd ones? What if everyone was raised the autistic way? No ability to read other people, being stubborn and painfully honest.

Yeah. Telling truth is not a bad thing but imagine everyone says what he means all the time without considering what other might feel. Imagine a stranger telling you: "What? Your special interest is teletubbies? Ha ha. You are not a child anymore. Get a real one, like my molecular physics. No, it isn't hard at all... <a sciencific monologue>. How can't you get it? It is easy! You are honestly an imbecile.". That wouldn't be nice and would definitely end up in an argument because even an aspie has pride that can be hurt by words.

Do you have any idea how many wars was avoided thanks to negotiations? Imagine what happens if head of one country wants a part of another territory for whatever reason (maybe he got special interest the sea or mountains and wants to get easy access to such area. Why not?). So he says it to the other country leader. The other leader simply answers "No." because he didn't like the offer. So instead of trying to figure out what offer would please the other leader the invader decides to take the territory by force. People of course fight for him because following leader orders is a rule.

And take a look at the poor NT minority. They would be considered irrational crybabys and their social status would be equal to those with schizophrenia because they would "see things that noone else can see". Hmm, actually I am curious what a NT would do to fit in.

Last edited by Kiriae on 22 Aug 2014, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 4:49 pm

A world full of people with ASD's would be problematic--especially from the standpoint of the perpetuation of our species.

We tend to be less into social interaction--and hence sex. We would reproduce less. We would lose population. Gradually, unless we acquire some NT desires, we would become extinct.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 4:57 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
A world full of people with ASD's would be problematic--especially from the standpoint of the perpetuation of our species.

We tend to be less into social interaction--and hence sex. We would reproduce less. We would lose population. Gradually, unless we acquire some NT desires, we would become extinct.

good.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 5:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Actually I don't think it might be a huge problem. We would know we need children to keep our planet populated so we would implement a dating system. It would pair people according to their interests and abilities so they would understand each other, work together, spend time together and eventually fell in love because of their bound. I read about system like this in a book: "Ostatni statek z planety Ziemia" by John Boyd. In English it would be: "The last spaceship from the planet Earth" but I have no idea how accurately they translated the title to Polish, for example Polish "translation" of the title "Prison Break" is "Skazany na śmierć" which means "Sentenced to death" 8O.