Sometimes. 29%  29%  [ 6 ]
I never even thought about it really. 57%  57%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 21

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 6:16 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
In the fall of 2009 when they came out with the vaccine in Canada I thought I was going to go COMPLETELY INSANE. The anxiety, the paranoia, the depression I felt every single day was almost unbearable. People in the local online newspaper had all kinds of rude and nasty comments for anyone who planned to get the shot, one nice person said something like "that's right, baa baa line up and get your shots like good little sheep" and they would go on and on about all the horrible toxic substances that were in it, while other people said better safe than sorry or they knew someone who got really sick with what may or not have been H1N1. You were darned if you did, darned if you didn't. I worried about being stuck in my apartment for weeks or even months because of a pandemic. How would I survive, did I have enough food and medical supplies and how would I keep from going stir crazy not being able to contact anyone. I worried about my parents, my mother has asthma and my dad is a heavy smoker who gets a of of colds. I was so worried that I couldn't even enjoy Halloween, my all-time favorite holiday. But now I'm just sick of the whole thing, pardon the pun. :roll: I hate this germaphobic society of ours, it's like you're not even allowed to get a sniffle anymore. But if we try too hard to resist every disease we'll just end up being less immune and it will get worse. In fact it's the reason more people are developing deadly allergies, thanks to Lysol and their little conspiracy to make us all like the boy in the bubble with their stupid commercials that show animated green spores crawling all over the pump of a bottle of ANTIBACTERIAL SOAP, for gosh sakes!! ! :evil: Is it any wonder people develop OCD and can't stop washing their hands???

exactly. even vaccinating too much affects the immune system in the same way. In regards to influenza and swine flu, Id much rather get the immunity naturally. Plus I am against curing all diseases anyways as you will have huge population issues as a result, and we already have them.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 3:06 pm

The solution to the confusion is information, not apathy.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 1:27 pm

Can non-high risk people have flu vaccines? If so do we have to pay for it?
I want one, since I have an extreme phobia of getting ill, I'm sure a flu jab might settle my nerves a bit. And I'm guessing if it's a mental health issue they could give me one to?

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 1:07 am

Most pharmacies can give you a flu vaccine - usually it's something like $5 for the cost of administering the shot.