Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 7:07 am

sinsboldly wrote:
Fred Phelps and his Westboro Baptist Church are heading to Tucson to protest the funeral of Christina Green, the nine year-old victim of Saturday's shootings. Sources say a bipartisan coalition in the legislature is trying to find a way to keep Westboro from harassing mourners.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... itico.html

Phelps and his Bullies are exercising the right of Free Speech but there are times when I wish the Politzei would just bust their heads open with billy clubs.

Phelps and his ruffians really test the bounds of Free Speech.

ruveyn

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 8:45 am

I love to know why during political campaigns police have used "free speech zones" to keep people far away from the site in question so that they get almost no media attention but nobody does likewise to this group and let them spend money to fight it in court.

Natty_Boh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 8:58 am

sinsboldly wrote:
you see, in the Beatitudes: specifically Matthew 5:10 It says what your reward is for bearing persecution for G-d.

Blessed [are] they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

so they are not really altruistic about it. They are in it for the kingdom of heaven. :roll:

And the King of that realm is going to have a few things to say to them. About how they were meant to be 'the salt of the earth' and not 'the scum of the earth', mainly.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 10:05 am

zer0netgain wrote:
I love to know why during political campaigns police have used "free speech zones" to keep people far away from the site in question so that they get almost no media attention but nobody does likewise to this group and let them spend money to fight it in court.

Because the church is rife with lawyers, and the Phelps family continues to educate lawyers from its families. There are probably other families within the church who want their children to become lawyers. If Phelps is mad he is also a bloody genius he gets debarred and sets up a lucrative cash cow, that even the government is susceptible to.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 10:49 am

ikorack wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:

Because the church is rife with lawyers, and the Phelps family continues to educate lawyers from its families. There are probably other families within the church who want their children to become lawyers. If Phelps is mad he is also a bloody genius he gets debarred and sets up a lucrative cash cow, that even the government is susceptible to.

Still, you do the deed, put them in the pen, and let them go to court AFTER THE FACT to deal with it. You have precedent saying the government can do this, so why not use it here?

They have a right to protest, but apparently no right to do it wherever they want to.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 10:57 am

I just told you they have lawyers, that is obviously an unjustifiable extension of government power if they did it to the Phelps they could potentially lose that power.

EDIT: not to mention the financial cost.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 1:37 pm

ruveyn wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
Fred Phelps and his Westboro Baptist Church are heading to Tucson to protest the funeral of Christina Green, the nine year-old victim of Saturday's shootings. Sources say a bipartisan coalition in the legislature is trying to find a way to keep Westboro from harassing mourners.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... itico.html

Phelps and his Bullies are exercising the right of Free Speech but there are times when I wish the Politzei would just bust their heads open with billy clubs.

Phelps and his ruffians really test the bounds of Free Speech.

ruveyn

Death will become him topic

Phelps is afraid to die lest someone comes to protest Free Speech rights. This is the Murrican Way. :roll:

Will Fred also protest the other funerals?

I hope you are reading this, Fred. BE VERY AFRAID. :twisted:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 1:49 pm

I want to shove my cock in Fred Phelps' ear.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 1:54 pm

O_O kinky?

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 2:09 pm

Word to the wise: Don't feed the trolls, if you feed the trolls, they come back for more... It will only ad more fuel to their fire.... Simply ignore them...

Fortunately, people are aware that not all Christians act like this... They are kind of like the Al-Qaida of Christianity, though more verbally violent as opposed to physically and they don't exactly break laws "in the name of God" but sort of cut it close in the realm of freedom of speech... I mean, I remember thinking about this analogy and drawing a lot of parallels to both groups.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 4:54 pm

Natty_Boh wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
you see, in the Beatitudes: specifically Matthew 5:10 It says what your reward is for bearing persecution for G-d.

Blessed [are] they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

so they are not really altruistic about it. They are in it for the kingdom of heaven. :roll:

And the King of that realm is going to have a few things to say to them. About how they were meant to be 'the salt of the earth' and not 'the scum of the earth', mainly.

Win.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 4:56 pm

ikorack wrote:
O_O kinky?

Figure might as well give him something he'd HAVE to listen to.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 9:13 pm

skafather84 wrote:
I want to shove my cock in Fred Phelps' ear.

Dude, the guy is 80 years old! :lol:

Someone should tell the WBC to leave the girl's family alone and piss off away from Tucson!

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 9:42 pm

to PANDABEAR......the phelps family is not saying the little girl was homosexual. they are saying god hates america and bad things happen because america tolerates homosexuals. so that's why this little girl is going to hell, because america tolerates gays. there's no understanding this logic, they just like to hate.

only way to treat them is isolation. no media outlet should ever mention them. absolutely no interviews. but the media is the media.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 12:29 pm

The Wuss-borrow church of moron adults. No the parents of that child don't want to borrow wusses with signs right now, I'm sure.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 12:38 pm

danandlouie wrote:
to PANDABEAR......the phelps family is not saying the little girl was homosexual. they are saying god hates america and bad things happen because america tolerates homosexuals. so that's why this little girl is going to hell, because america tolerates gays. there's no understanding this logic, they just like to hate.

only way to treat them is isolation. no media outlet should ever mention them. absolutely no interviews. but the media is the media.

A possible target topic

I wonder what the Buttpissed church (of moron adults) would do if someone took out the Wuss-borrow pastor himself? Would they dare protest the resulting funeral? :P

Question to god: How much do you hate America? :twisted:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo