Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

sneschalmers
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jan 2011, 1:49 pm

This site is so expansive it is hard to get your bearings and just talk to some other people who are autistic. This thread is for people to introduce themselves to me so we can get some conversations started. At any time feel free to send me a private message and I will respond to it as soon as possible. At any rate, here is my introduction:

My name is Laura and I am 20 years old. I live in Rogers Park in Chicago, IL. I have Asperger's, ADHD combined type, Bipolar I, OCD and a learning disability. I first found out about my disabilities when I was 17-18 years old. I didn't accept that I had any of these things until rather recently and sometimes still it depends on the day. I have arguably the two greatest parents in the world and my three younger sisters don't fall far behind them. They also have a cat, which I am mildly allergic to but largely attached to. I barely graduated high school and never went to college. I am disabled and therefore unemployed. I really enjoy swimming, lifting weights, playing the drums, listening to music, watching House and psychopharmacology. I want to get into martial arts and also to lose weight because I weigh 215 and I looked good back at 150. Anyway I hope that wasn't too much information but I would appreciate other people introducing themselves in this fashion below me in this thread.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 1:51 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 3:06 pm

Welcome to WP :)

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 3:29 pm

Welcome aboard greetings to the Wrong Planet, Laura.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 3:42 pm

Welcome!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 5:37 am

welcome to WP, gifted/talented person!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 9:42 pm

Welkome to WrongPlanet from a fellow drummer. :)

The WP Kink

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 9:44 pm

Welcome to WP!

Oren
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 1:40 pm

Hello :)

eepstein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2018, 5:11 pm

Found this site maybe alittle over a week ago..? But my feelings were the same at first. I loved hearing about other people with ASD, how they think, and different experiences they have had that i can relate to my own, but also would like a chance to talk to people more personally.

My name is Elihana, I am 19. I love to write and draw but dont really feel that good at either. At the moment in my life, you can say I am going through an awkward rough patch and would love to make friends in this lonely state. Im not good at just talking about myself in a general sense, so I guess anyone can feel free to send me a message to get to know me more than this?? :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2018, 7:03 pm

eepstein wrote:
Found this site maybe alittle over a week ago..? But my feelings were the same at first. I loved hearing about other people with ASD, how they think, and different experiences they have had that i can relate to my own, but also would like a chance to talk to people more personally. My name is Elihana, I am 19. I love to write and draw but dont really feel that good at either. At the moment in my life, you can say I am going through an awkward rough patch and would love to make friends in this lonely state. Im not good at just talking about myself in a general sense, so I guess anyone can feel free to send me a message to get to know me more than this?? :D

hiya Elihana :) welcome to our club 8)

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2018, 12:25 pm

Welcome Laura!

I recently turned disabled, which I will soon undertake an operation for.

Really hope you will enjoy the forum and will make some good friends.

eepstein wrote:
Found this site maybe alittle over a week ago..? But my feelings were the same at first. I loved hearing about other people with ASD, how they think, and different experiences they have had that i can relate to my own, but also would like a chance to talk to people more personally.

My name is Elihana, I am 19. I love to write and draw but dont really feel that good at either. At the moment in my life, you can say I am going through an awkward rough patch and would love to make friends in this lonely state. Im not good at just talking about myself in a general sense, so I guess anyone can feel free to send me a message to get to know me more than this?? :D

Welcome Elihana! What a pretty name!

Sorry you are going through a rough patch in life and are feeling lonely. Hope it will go better for you soon.

Enjoy the forum and I hope you will make some good friends!