What Jehova's Witnesses believe (animated short)

Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 2:43 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Cyanide wrote:
I think the weirdest thing about Jehovah's Witnesses is that they don't celebrate anything. They're not even allowed to celebrate their own birthday! What a sad life that must be.

I remember I went to elementary school with a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses. I asked one of them if he ever got any "presents" despite the fact that he can't celebrate his birthday. He said his parents would just buy him stuff here and there. Odd, but at least he wasn't completely devoid of gifts.

I was friends with a Witness for almost a decade. I remember thinking it was a really sad situation that they didn't celebrate. But they actually do celebrate one holiday- Easter, or at least I think it was Easter. Whichever holiday God told them to celebrate in Exodus.

Allthough around the same time, its certainly not Easter, Easter is another name for Aster the fertillity godess, hense the easter eggs and bunnies, fertility symbals, one thing you can say for the Witnesses, they are religiously clean.
You are thinking of the Memorial of Jesus last supper, the fullfillment of the Jewish passover, practised on Nissan 14th.
Only think I think they get wrong is that they refuse to actually eat or drink the emblems, whereas Jesus himself said the following:-

53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Now reading that I would say that if you dont eat his flesh and drink his blood, you will not get eternal life or be raised at the last day.

But a good Jehovahs Witness allways belives the words of "the faithfull and discreet slave", even above the words of Jesus himself.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 8:45 am

Nambo wrote:
CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Cyanide wrote:
I think the weirdest thing about Jehovah's Witnesses is that they don't celebrate anything. They're not even allowed to celebrate their own birthday! What a sad life that must be.

I remember I went to elementary school with a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses. I asked one of them if he ever got any "presents" despite the fact that he can't celebrate his birthday. He said his parents would just buy him stuff here and there. Odd, but at least he wasn't completely devoid of gifts.

I was friends with a Witness for almost a decade. I remember thinking it was a really sad situation that they didn't celebrate. But they actually do celebrate one holiday- Easter, or at least I think it was Easter. Whichever holiday God told them to celebrate in Exodus.

Allthough around the same time, its certainly not Easter, Easter is another name for Aster the fertillity godess, hense the easter eggs and bunnies, fertility symbals, one thing you can say for the Witnesses, they are religiously clean.
You are thinking of the Memorial of Jesus last supper, the fullfillment of the Jewish passover, practised on Nissan 14th.
Only think I think they get wrong is that they refuse to actually eat or drink the emblems, whereas Jesus himself said the following:-

53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Now reading that I would say that if you dont eat his flesh and drink his blood, you will not get eternal life or be raised at the last day.

But a good Jehovahs Witness allways belives the words of "the faithfull and discreet slave", even above the words of Jesus himself.

The one where God said, "Keep this day sacred."

CommanderAspie613
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Nov 2011, 9:49 pm

What always intrigued me was that the JWs always point out flaws in Christianity and wrong stuff(i.e. Christmas, the cross, etc.) but they never saw that as a sign that maybe Christianity isnt right. Its like lets say Christianity is a minefield and all Christians(excluding the JWs) walk across it, but the JWs come across it and pick out all the mines, that doesnt make it a right path, its just safer than mainstream Christians... I dont know all about them and I dont care for Christianity, I just cant take a guy seriously when he claims to be G-d (Aka jesus in the 'trinity'). I think id rather pull a kxmode move and choose not to want replies, but I am okay with replies and replying back...

factotum666
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Nov 2011, 7:05 pm

In my original post I was going to just observe that the video of the 144K JW survivors had very few women, and I saw no people of color other than a lighter shade of pale. I stubled across Nambo, and thought this is not the verbiage of an AS person. One, he is illiterate (genecide????) really? Jews are destroying the genes of the Palestinians?, and he is definitely anti-semetic. Only an anti-semite would call what the Israelites do against those in the Gaza Strip (as opposed to those in the west bank) genocide. Like defending yourself against a people whose stated purpose is the death of all those like you (Jews). If you think that I exagerate, then go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas.

adding to evidence of limited literacy and antisemitism is:
How much better though do these scriptures apply to the great Jewish Global banking system, all apart from thge Muslims now, run and owned by the likes of the Rithschilds, when that is destroyed, there will be no banks, no money, then the merchants will have cause to weep, the great economies and industrialised nations have all grown wealthy from Jewish banking money
. Is this man so ignorant that he does not know how to use a spell checker? Or is he just lazy?

I am surprised that he does not blame 9/11 on the Jews.

The Jews are not stupid. They well remember when they did not take the threats of Hitler seriously. A mistake not likely to be made again.

On a side note. What would be the position of this site if one were to call attacks of blacks against members of say the KKK racism? And all the KKK wants to do is enslave blacks as opposed to kill all of them. The KKK still exists does it not?

As a note, Nambo admits to not having checked to see if he is ASD or AS. Most likely not, since, as far as I can tell, these people are much likely to be ignorant bigots.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2011, 8:32 am

factotum666 wrote:
I am surprised that he does not blame 9/11 on the Jews.

The Jews are not stupid. They well remember when they did not take the threats of Hitler seriously. A mistake not likely to be made again.

As a note, Nambo admits to not having checked to see if he is ASD or AS. Most likely not, since, as far as I can tell, these people are much likely to be ignorant bigots.

No need to be surprised, I do blame 911 on the Jews, what better way to get the West to fight Israels wars for her than by stirring up hatred against her enemies.
Here is a site that touches on much of the Jewish activity around 911 Israel did 911

And dont forget the London tube bombings! [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKvkhe3rqtc[/youtube]
To this day, Peter Power has never revealed who arranged the "exercise" that mirrored the London Tube bombings, only to say, "there are a lot of Jewish and American banks in the area".

Seems, according to the ex Italian president Cossiga, that all intelligence networks know Mossad was behind 911 Italian President reveals Mossad did 911

As for Jews not being stupid and not making such a mistake again, though my spelling may be poor, my history is certainly better than yours as I can reveal that the Jews make such mistakes time after time after time, and always as a result of their meddling in the host nations power structure for their own aims.
Heres a list of 109 such countries, England for instance expelled Jews for a period of 400 years. Jews expelled from 109 countries

I wonder if I would be an "Ignorant bigot" and "anti-Semitic" , if I claimed Muslims had done 911?, seems to me they are both Semitic races, why is it so much worst to think one group of Middle Easterners are bad than another?, are you saying Jews are better and have more rights than Muslims?
Seems you are a bigot as well if you think Muslims did 911.

Proud to be, anti-communist, anti-nazi, anti-apartheid and anti-semitic.