What Jehova's Witnesses believe (animated short)

Page 2 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ResLight
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2011, 2:13 pm

Nambo wrote:
Well the Jehohavahs Witnesses certainly consider him the founder, and it did indeed grow out of the organization he was president of,

The original legal organization that Russell and his associates created was, in effect, destroyed in 1917 by Rutherford's new by-laws. Russell was president of a legal entity; Russell was never the president of an authoritarian religious organization such as the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Likewise, if one was not familiar with the teaching of Jesus, one might say that the many atrocities that have been done in his name grew out of his teachings.

I am sure Russell would never have condoned the creation of an sectarian authoritarian organization, and I know he would not have condoned the kind of "second death" teachings that Rutherford created after his death, which produced an alleged "good news" of great woe of eternal destruction for most the people, the very opposite of what Russell taught. Rutherford, in effect, denied the very basis of the ransom sacrifice of Jesus by denying that Jesus' sacrifice covered Adam. With that denial in place, he went forward with doctrine that would, in effect, condemn millions of men, women and children to the second death without ever having received any benefit from the ransom for all.

More to follow...

ResLight
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2011, 2:25 pm

Nambo wrote:
though I conceed it would have changed under the presidency of Rutherford whom I seem to remember Russell didnt want to succeed him.

Though my critisim is of the modern day Jehovahs Witnesses and the power they base on what they claim where his teachings, not on Russell himself, Iam not sure of the valdity of what you say, its been 23 years since I read Studies in the Scriptures and I remember the passageways of the pyramids showing 1914.

Yes, Russell did indeed believe in the date 1914 as the ending of the Gentile Times. He accepted that in 1876 and continued to believe that until his death in 1916. He did not believe it to be when Christ would return, however, since he believed Christ had already returned in 1874.

Up until 1904, Russell held to Barbour's view that the ending of the Gentile Times in 1914 would also see the end of the time of trouble. In 1904, as shown in the article "UNIVERSAL ANARCHY–JUST BEFORE OR AFTER OCTOBER, 1914 A.D" (The Watch Tower, July 1, 1904, beginning on page 19), he adopted the view of some of his associates, that the ending of the Gentile Times in 1914 would not be the end of the time of trouble, but rather the beginning of the time of trouble. He believed until he died that Jesus had returned in 1874, and the end of the Gentile Times and the beginning time of trouble had begun in 1914. I believe we have been in that time of trouble ever since 1914, as a woman in travail, preparing for the birth of the age to come.

More to follow, God willing...

ResLight
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2011, 2:34 pm

Nambo wrote:
Heres what Wikepedia says on Russell:=

# Christ's Second Coming. Russell believe that Christ had returned invisibly in 1874, and that he had been ruling from the heavens since that date. He predicted that a period known as the "Gentile Times" would end in 1914, and that Christ would take power of Earth's affairs at that time. He interpreted the outbreak of World War I as the beginning of Armageddon, which he viewed to be both a gradual deterioration of civilized society, and a climactic multi-national attack on a restored Israel accompanied by worldwide anarchy.

Yes, the author of the above is correct on this. Russell did not believe in the JW-type of Armageddon. He believed Armageddon to be the same as the "time of trouble", the "great tribulation", which would gradually cause a disintegration of kingdoms of this age, preparing the peoples for the kingdom rule to follow.

Nambo wrote:
# Pyramidology. Following views first taught by Christian writers such as John Taylor, Charles Piazzi Smyth and Joseph Seiss, he believed the Great Pyramid of Giza was built by the Hebrews (associated to the Hyksos) under God’s direction, but to be understood only in our day. He adopted and used Seiss's phrase referring to it as "the Bible in stone". He believed that certain biblical texts, including Isaiah 19:19–20 and others, prophesied a future understanding of the Great Pyramid and adopted the view that the various ascending and descending passages represented the fall of man, the provision of the Mosaic Law, the death of Christ, the exultation of the saints in heaven, etc. Calculations were made using the pattern of an inch per year. Dates such as 1874, 1914, and 1948 were purported to have been found through the study of this monument.[45]

As stated, all of the above is true, except for the date 1948 (Russell never mentioned anything about 1948); the last statement, however, in the way it is stated, could lead one to think that these dates were originally found by use of the Great Pyramid. This is not true, for the dates were found first by study of Bible prophecy, while the Great Pyramid came in later as corroboration of those dates. I believe that Christ did indeed return in 1874 and that the times of the Gentiles did end in in 1914, and that the Great Pyramid does indeed corroborate these dates.

The inch that many Christians have used in measuring the Great Pyramid as inch for year, however, I call "earth inch", which is slightly different from the British inch that we commonly use.

More to follow, God willing...

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 2:39 pm

ResLight wrote:
God willing...

You sound like a Muslim.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 2:45 pm

By the power of Grey Skull! :lol:

ResLight
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2011, 2:58 pm

Nambo wrote:
The following is from Studies in the Scriptures volume 1 DIVINE PLAN OF THE AGES

I see nothing wrong with the use of such a chart to depict the various features of the God's purposes as shown from the Bible.

Nambo wrote:
Or how about the following from stusies in the scriptures, where he himself quotes the meaning of the pyramid measurements and changes thier meaning to arrive at 1914 in a later addition!

In his Studies in the Scriptures series of books he wrote:

"So, then, if we measure backward down the "First Ascending Passage" to its junction with the "Entrance Passage," we shall have a fixed date to mark upon the downward passage. This measure is 1542 inches, and indicates the year BC 1542, as the date at that point. Then measuring down the "Entrance Passage" from that point, to find the distance to the entrance of the "Pit," representing the great trouble and destruction with which this age is to close, when evil will be overthrown from power, we find it to be 3416 inches, symbolizing 3416 years from the above date, BC 1542. This calculation shows AD. 1874 as marking the beginning of the period of trouble; for 1542 years BC plus 1874 years AD. equals 3416 years. Thus the Pyramid witnesses that the close of 1874 was the chronological beginning of the time of trouble such as was not since there was a nation -- no, nor ever shall be afterward. And thus it will be noted that this "Witness" fully corroborates the Bible testimony on this subject..." (Charles Taze Russell, Thy Kingdom Come, Studies In The Scriptures, vol. 3, 1904 edition).

In the 1910 version of the same book, Russell changed his dating from 1874 to 1914, a date that Jehovah‘s Witnesses still hold to as relevant to this very day:

"So, then, if we measure backward down the "First Ascending Passage" to its junction with the "Entrance Passage," we shall have a fixed date to mark upon the downward passage. This measure is 1542 inches, and indicates the year BC 1542, as the date at that point. Then measuring down the "Entrance Passage" from that point, to find the distance to the entrance of the "Pit," representing the great trouble and destruction with which this age is to close, when evil will be overthrown from power, we find it to be 3457 inches, symbolizing 3457 years from the above date, BC 1542. This calculation shows AD. 1915 as marking the beginning of the period of trouble; for 1542 years BC plus 1915 years AD. equals 3457 years. Thus the Pyramid witnesses that the close of 1914 will be the beginning of the time of trouble such as was not since there was a nation -- no, nor ever shall be afterward. And thus it will be noted that this "Witness" fully corroborates the' Bible testimony on this subject..." (Charles Taze Russell, Thy Kingdom Come, Studies In The Scriptures, vol. 3, 1910 edition).

The change quoted from the 1910 edition first appeared in the 1905 edition, five years before, but this reflected no change in the overall picture in itself.

The year 1914 was already understood from study of scripture and had already been verified in the ascending passageway.

Sometime around 1904 or 1905, it had been evidently brought to Russell's attention that the data provided by Barbour on the descending passageway may be faulty due to the fact that no measurement had been taken of the floor of descending passageway because it was filled with debris. Smythe had measured the ceiling of the passageway, not the floor, and it was shown to be mathematically incorrect. In 1905, however, the floor still had not been measured, but evidently someone had tried again to calculate the length of its floor mathematically by use of Smythe's measurements of the ceiling, and came up with the second measurement. As I stated, however, this did not represent any major change in the overall picture; it did not, for instance, mean that 1874 was being rejected as the return of Christ and being replaced by 1914.

In The Watch Tower, 9/15/1909, page 283, Russell gave a summary of some of the changes that had been made since 1905 in the editions of the Scripture Studies. Among them he gave this change in the measurement of the floor of the descending passageway:

Quote:
Page 342, lines 17, 18, 3416 inches, changed to, 3457 inches to agree with later accurate measurement, would seem to mark 1915. The former figures were “paper measure” from Piazzi Smith’s illustration supposed to have been drawn to a scale, but found inaccurate.

Russell was simply trying to be more accurate in the measurements presented.

While Russell thought his later measurement was “accurate” in 1905, it is apparent that neither measurement came directly from any direct measurement that had been taken in the pyramid itself, since no one had actually measured the floor of the descending passageway to its end, due to debris. Russell mentioned this lack of measurement in Thy Kingdom Come, page 344. Thus, both measurements would have to been calculated “paper” measurements.

Morton Edgar later stated concerning this:

Quote:
You may have noted that, in his early editions of Vol. III of ‘Studies in the Scriptures,” in the Pyramid chapter, Brother Russell states that the length of the Descending Passage, from the junction of the Ascending Passage down to the Subterranean Chamber, is 3416 inches. But in all later editions of his third volume, since 1905, the length of this passage has been altered to the extent of 41 inches, the length now being said to be 3457 inches. Formerly the north wall of the Subterranean Chamber was said to mark the date 1874 A.D., but with the new measure of 3457 inches this date was shifted forward 41 years to 1915 A.D. No explanation is given for this change. (See, however, the short article, ‘The Great Pyramid Measurements,” on page 326 of 1st Nov., 1904, ‘Watch Tower.”)

We measured this passage in 1909, having first removed from it all obstructing debris, we found that neither the earlier published length of 3416 inches, nor the later published length of 3457 inches, was correct. The true length was found to be more nearly 3385 ‘Pyramid” inches. (The exact length is 3384.904 ‘Pyramid” inches.) As will be seen, this is 31 inches less than the first of Brother Russell’s figures, and 72 inches less than his later one.

We, of course, immediately communicated with Brother Russell the true length of the Descending Passage. At first sight it appeared as if we would require to abandon the time-measurements of this lower part of the Pyramid’s passage system, the true length being so different from what we had previously understood it to be. Yet, strange to say, instead of abandoning the time-measurements, we found that the true length of the passage established these time-measurements all the more thoroughly. Both dates, 1874 and 1914, are now seen to be indicated by the end of this Descending Passage. This indication is very exact and convincing, and goes far to establish our faith in the Great Pyramid as indeed a building of God.== Morton Edgar’s Discourse: “THE GREAT PYRAMID — Why Was It Built? Who Built It?” (About 1929)

Of course, as I stated, the change in this measurement had nothing to do with the changing of any of the “dates” in themselves. Russell did not change his belief that Christ had returned in 1874.

ResLight
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2011, 4:30 pm

Nambo wrote:
As an aside, Russell was a Zionist, hence "Zions Watchtower",

Strictly speaking, the word "Zionist" only applies to a Jew; Russell was not a Jew, nor did he believe in giving up the ransom sacrifice of Jesus in order to become a proselyte to Judaism. Russell, did, however, show from scriptures how the the Zionist movement is fulfilling Bible prophecies.

The word "Zion's" that appeared in the masthead of earlier issues of the Watch Tower does not refer to Zionism, but to the church. Russell believed that the word "Zion" in Bible prophecy has application to both the church and natural Israel, especially as related to when the kingdom rules in the age to come, but in its its use in the title of the magazine, he used that term mostly in reference to the church.

Nambo wrote:
he was in written communication with the "father of Zionism", Lord Rothschild,

I have found no evidence that the Rothschilds worked with Charles Taze Russell in sending Jewish people into Israel. I could find no evidence that Russell was actively involved in sending Jewish people to Israel, although he did encourage Jews to return there in harmony with fulfillment of Bible prophecies. Russell did send a letter to one of the Rothschilds in which Russell made some suggestions, but, as far as I have been able to determine, as Russell later stated, no response was received from that letter. Other than that, I haven’t been able to verify any contact that Russell had with the Rothschilds, and I have not found where anyone has ever presented any genuine evidence of such a collatoration between Russell and any of the Rothschilds. All I have found are Springmeier-type allusions and insinuations which are often stated as though fact.

Nambo wrote:
now as Rothschild is credited with formenting the events which lead to the 1st world war and the subsequent re-introduction of Jews into Palestine, would it not be inconcievable to belive Russell would have told Rothschild of the Pyramids pointing to the significance of 1914 and the birth of a Kingdom, and therefore Rothschild, who himself is identified by the use of the pyramid on the back of the dollar, used this significantly important date to give birth to the Satanic Kingdom of the Anti-Christ with the resultant arrival of the first world war,

All I can say about the above is that someone (who is evidently almost totally ignorant of what Russell actually taught and believed) has used his spirit of human imagination to twist Russell's statements so as to create wild illusions of some kind of alleged conspiracy in which Russell was part of. This kind of imaginative thinking seems to be in the likeness of that of Fritz Springmeier, who, with his anti-christ reptilian bloodline theories, would deny the very basis of the ransom sacrifice of Jesus as shown in the Bible!

Nambo wrote:
right on the date Russell expected something to happen, and to which the current Jehovahs Witnesses now view as evidence that Russell was correct?

Not being with the Jehovah's Witnesses, I will not speak for them. Russell was expecting, based on the ending of the time of the Gentiles in 1914, that 1914 would bring trouble and warfare, eventually leading to anarchy, before Satan would be abyssed and God's kingdom would fill the earth; the beginning of world war in 1914 does verify his conclusions in this matter.

More to follow, God willing... - James 4:15.

ResLight
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2011, 4:37 pm

Nambo wrote:
Now if what you say is true, how come in August 1914 the World Magazine printed the article you can read if you click this lnk:- WORLD MAGAZINE where they state a 25 year prophesy of the Millanial Dawners pointing to 1914 has come true with the outbreak of war in Europe?

I am familiar with the above magazine report; although I am not sure what is thought I should address in this article, Russell did not write that report, and certainly would never have spoken of any 25 year prophecy (which, from his standpoint, did not exist); Russell, in 1904, retracted the idea that all kingdoms would end in 1914, and as can be seen by his writings from 1904 to 1916, he continued in that belief until he died. From 1904 onward, he was expecting, not the end of all kingdoms as he had thought earlier, but rather the beginning of the time of trouble on the kingdoms of the earth.

Russell disclaimed many times over that his statements were prophecy. He maintained that the prophecies of the Bible would come true, whether his conclusions concerning those prophecies proved to be true or not true. Thus, there was no 25 year "prophecy" of Millennial Dawners -- at least from the standpoint of Russell himself as being the author of the "Millennial Dawn" series, later called "Studies in the Scriptures"; this was simply the statement given by the author of the article that appeared in the The World Magazine, which is incorrect.

In the Bible Students Monthly, issued for January of 1914, Russell denied that he was expecting 'the end of the world' in October of 1914. See:
http://ctr.reslight.net/?p=483

ResLight
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2011, 4:39 pm

skafather84 wrote:
ResLight wrote:
God willing...

You sound like a Muslim.

I can hardly imagine a Muslim saying "God willing"; "Allah willing" perhaps. At any rate, I am certainly not a Muslim, as I believe that the Son of God died for our sins.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 4:48 pm

So we have established that Russell did indeed employ Pyramidology .
The question in light of Jehovahs Witness current governing body use of such to back thier claims of having allready been selected as Jesus Priestly Class, is, why would God who condems any sharing with the Cup of Demons, and whose son said "only the Father knows the hour", have had this information recorded in such pagan astrological devices as Eygptian Pyramids?

Interesting how Rutherford says this about Russells Pyramidology:- " However, Russell's successor, Joseph F. Rutherford condemned pyramidology in 1928 as not only unscriptural, but inspired by the Devil."
especially in view of the current Witnesses devotion to the arrived date of 1914.

My own view is that the Pyramids where rather a prophetic documentation of the arrival of the Devils counterfiet Kingdom of God, the One World Government that will be rulled for 42 months by the antichrist.

Keep a watch out for pyramid symbols in the current Satanic media, I will post a few below, and you allready read my post on Russells correspondance with the father of Zionism, or Babylon the Great, Rothschild and the international Jewish bankers whose Kingdom did indeed start as a result of the first world war and the Balfour declaration.

Heres Rothschilds pyramid on the back of the dollar announcing his "New World Order"

Heres a link to Rothschilds Israel Supreme Court with a pyramid and eye
ISRAEL SUPREME COURT

Heres Rothschilds holiday friend Peter Mandelson giving his Pyramid with eye sign

Heres top rapper Jay-Z adverising his concert with Pyramid with eye sign

Heres a Lady Gaga Satanist video, doubtless she will do her pyramid eye routine in it
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM1mG3YEkQ8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

A girl at work went to a Rihanna concert, and duly reported to me that half way through the artist did the Pyramid around the eye thing, and all the kids did it back, I belive they are being programmed to accept the rulership of the Beast when it comes.Image

You might find all this crazy, I just say, keep your eye out for Pyramids in the media and ask yourself which side it seems to be promoting.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 4:59 pm

skafather84 wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw1Vg8HsMK4&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

Crazy as cooties they are.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 6:38 pm

Nambo wrote:
The question in light of Jehovahs Witness current governing body use of such to back thier claims of having allready been selected as Jesus Priestly Class, is, why would God who condems any sharing with the Cup of Demons, and whose son said "only the Father knows the hour", have had this information recorded in such pagan astrological devices as Eygptian Pyramids?

Interesting how Rutherford says this about Russells Pyramidology:- " However, Russell's successor, Joseph F. Rutherford condemned pyramidology in 1928 as not only unscriptural, but inspired by the Devil."
especially in view of the current Witnesses devotion to the arrived date of 1914.

My own view is that the Pyramids where rather a prophetic documentation of the arrival of the Devils counterfiet Kingdom of God, the One World Government that will be rulled for 42 months by the antichrist.

Keep a watch out for pyramid symbols in the current Satanic media, I will post a few below, and you allready read my post on Russells correspondance with the father of Zionism, or Babylon the Great, Rothschild and the international Jewish bankers whose Kingdom did indeed start as a result of the first world war and the Balfour declaration.

Heres Rothschilds pyramid on the back of the dollar announcing his "New World Order"

Heres a link to Rothschilds Israel Supreme Court with a pyramid and eye
ISRAEL SUPREME COURT

Heres Rothschilds holiday friend Peter Mandelson giving his Pyramid with eye sign

Heres top rapper Jay-Z adverising his concert with Pyramid with eye sign

Heres a Lady Gaga Satanist video, doubtless she will do her pyramid eye routine in it
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM1mG3YEkQ8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

A girl at work went to a Rihanna concert, and duly reported to me that half way through the artist did the Pyramid around the eye thing, and all the kids did it back, I belive they are being programmed to accept the rulership of the Beast when it comes.Image

You might find all this crazy, I just say, keep your eye out for Pyramids in the media and ask yourself which side it seems to be promoting.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH!
Lady Ga Ga is the Antichrist! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ResLight
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2011, 10:13 pm

Nambo wrote:

But do you realize that there is nothing wrong with Biblical pyramidology?

Nambo wrote:

I, of course, do not believe in the Jehovah's Witnesses "governing body" nor did Charles Taze Russell. I can agree with you that if the JWs' claim that the great pyramid is of the demons were true (I do not for a moment believe that it is), then this would indeed cause some to wonder about their claims concerning the "governing body" as they retroactively apply such a concept back to the days of Russell, etc.

Jesus, in speaking of the passing away of the present heavens and earth, said no one knows the day or hour. (Matthew 24:35,36; Mark 13:31-33; Luke 17:21-30*) However, Jesus also showed that in the beginning of his parousia, the people would be as those in the days of Noah, eating, drinking, marrying, etc., and taking no note. (Matthew 24:37,28) The parousia begins some time before the passing away of the present heavens and earth, but the Son of Man (and all of the sons of God) are not revealed until after Satan is abyssed. -- Romans 8:19; Colossians 3:14; Revelation 20:1-3.
===========
*In Matthew 25:13, later manuscripts have "in which the Son of Man is coming." The word coming in those Greek manuscripts, however, is not parousia, and in context, would apply to when he comes as the one ordained by Yahweh to judge the world, which would, in effect, begin with the passing away of the present heavens and earth, and the abyssing of Satan.

ResLight
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2011, 10:39 pm

Nambo wrote:

Rutherford rejected practically all of the means that others had used earlier to arrive at the date 1914, not just the Great Pyramid. He kept only two, and now the JW leadership has only kept one of the methods of arriving at the date 1914, that is, that of "seven times" of Daniel 4.

Nambo wrote:

While I disagree that the Great Pyramid is of Satan, God has given Egypt and all the nations under Satan's rulership a spirit of perversion, so that God's creation was and still is being perverted to Satanic usage. -- Isaiah 19:1; Romans 1:22-24.

God's creation of the sun was perverted for sun worship; God's creation of the moon and stars were all perverted for idolatry and astrology; God's creation of the zodiac has been perverted for idolatry and astrology; God's creation of the Bible has been perverted for misuse in astrology and spiritism; God's use of some symbolisms attached to various characters of the Hebrew alphabet has been perverted for idolatrous purpose (such as the Tau). God's creation of many things on earth have been perverted for idolatrous and spiritistic purposes. Likewise, God's usage of the symbolism of the sun as representing the present sun of vanity as well as the promised righteousness that will be found in the new heavens and new earth was (and still is) perverted for idolatry and/or other kinds of misuse. Yes, God has given man over to such perversion, and Satan surely makes use of it.

Outside of the unfounded accusation of some kind of consipiracy between Russell and the Rothschilds, which I have already addressed, the rest of post is of little concern to me, since whatever God permits to happen, will happen, and what he does not permit happen, will not happen. Whatever Yahweh permits, I put my trust in Him, and not in man. -- Psalm 40:4; 146:3; Proverbs 29:25; Jeremiah 17:7.

The prophecies show that the peoples will eventually be brought down so low that only then will they realize that they have no solution (whether a proposed "New World Order" or whatever) for their predicament, and cry out to their Creator, and God delivers them into the haven of the kingdom, for which does bring that which they have been desiring, but ignorantly looking for in the wrong way. -- Psalm 46:8-10; 107:27-30; Isaiah 2:2-4; 24:19-21; Luke 21:21,25; 32-35; Habbakuk 2:13; Romans 8:19-22.

Russell, however, did not believe in any "New World Order" to come by the hands of man, since God's kingdom has been cut out without human hands involved, and will soon fill the earth with peace. -- Psalm 96; Psalm 98; Daniel 2:34,44; Isaiah 2:2-4; 6:3; 11:1-9; 25:6-9; Habakkuk 2:14; Luke 2:10,14; John 12:47,48.

God, in His own way [not according to any of man's schemes], will bring His own "new order" -- the new heavens and new earth -- out of the wreck that is left of human society. The seed (Jesus and the saints) of Abraham will indeed bless all of the nations of the earth, as the Bible predicted, but this will be brought about in the power of God, not by any conniving of sinful men. -- Genesis 12:3; 22:16-18; Daniel 7:22,27; 1 Corinthians 6:2; Obadiah 21; Matthew 19:28; Luke 22:29,30; Acts 3:19-25; Romans 8:16-21; Galatians 3:7-9,16,29; 2 Timothy 2:11,12; Hebrews 6:13-20; Revelation 3:21; 5:9,10; 20:4,6; 22:17.

The subjection of man to futility is such that only chasing after the wind will result from any of their own schemes to make Satan's rulership (2 Corinthians 4:4; John 14:30; 16:11; Galatians 1:4) a better rulership to live under, for in no wise can that which God made crooked (unjust, not straighten) make itself straight, and that includes any alleged "New World Order" scheme. -- Psalm 146:3; Ecclesiastes 1:2,13-17; 2:11; 12:8; Galatians 2:16; 3:11.

God's kingdom is not of this condemned world (John 15:19; 17:6,14,15:18:36; Romans 5:12-19), the present crooked, evil generation [generated through Adam -- Romans 5:12-19; 1 Corinthians 15:21,22] that is to pass away, and is already counted as having passed away for believers in this age, who partake, by faith, of the age to come. -- Matthew 24:34,35; Mark 13:30,31; Luke 21:32,33; Acts 2:40; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Hebrews 6:5; 1 John 2:17; Revelation 21:1-5.

HereComesTheRain
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Jan 2011, 8:30 pm

AngelRho wrote:
HereComesTheRain wrote:
I grew up as a jehovahs witness and I can verify that almost everything in the video is accurate.

Quote:
Are you still JW? What was your particular experience with JW?

Nope. Couldn't take the hypocrisy and the control factor anymore and I bolted.

Quote:
If you aren't, what happened, or how did you come to the decision to leave? What was that like for you?

This is why I left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NYYkCbzaoY

Quote:
If it's not something you want to discuss, I can understand that. There is plenty of "testimony" from non-Christians who were once active in church when they were young and left, some just deciding that it's all hokey and others who had horrible experiences. I'm not looking to paint a negative light on Witnesses beyond disagreeing with their doctrine. But it would be interesting to hear what it's like from the perspective of someone who once was a part of the organization and left.

It's like living in the Soviet Union.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 8:42 pm

HereComesTheRain wrote:
Quote:
If it's not something you want to discuss, I can understand that. There is plenty of "testimony" from non-Christians who were once active in church when they were young and left, some just deciding that it's all hokey and others who had horrible experiences. I'm not looking to paint a negative light on Witnesses beyond disagreeing with their doctrine. But it would be interesting to hear what it's like from the perspective of someone who once was a part of the organization and left.

It's like living in the Soviet Union.

But without alcohol.