What Jehova's Witnesses believe (animated short)

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 10:36 pm

kxmode wrote:
If anyone wants to actually know what Jehovah's Witnesses believe why not visit their authorized website? I think it is disingenuous to your intellect to be informed of the beliefs of a religion from an unauthorized, animated video or from rumor instead of actually hearing it from the source. Don't you think?

If you really want to worship God rather than a religion, you owe it to yourself to read the following book that was written by a member of the Governing body, maybe you think Jesus is ruling the Governing body or that he puts it in thier minds which way to vote or on "New light", this book, written by an insider, tells what really happens, did you know that even annointed, if they come up with any "New Light" that doesnt fit in with the current "Light", that annointed brother gets disfellowshipped?

RAY FRANZ BOOK

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 11:15 pm

TenFaces wrote:
Nambo, you have explained them to me. My intuition about them is correct. They are a brainwashed, controlled sect. Like most Mormons they believe that there will be a ruling elite or an "Elect" in the afterlife who will rule over everyone else. A kind of benevolent dictatorship of immortal rulers leading their obedient subjects. I get it. Their leaders will be the rulers in the afterlife.
Hitler must have persecuted them not only for pacifism, but because only Hitler had the right to brainwash people. They disavow government, but must obey their own masters.

Actually there will be a benevolent "dictatorship" of immortal rulers leading thier obedient subjects, Jesus made this promise to his diciples at the Last Supper, "28Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.

29And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

30That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. "

In Revelation 5 it says "10And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth."

So there will be Humans ruling over the Earth, the thing with the Jehovahs Witnesses is that they have prematurly assigned themselves to this position by appliying certain scriptures to themselves, such as in Daniel chapter 12 where it talks about the persecution every single Christian will have to endure for the 42 months of the Beast of Revelations reign, which hasnt even started yet, because 16 of them where sentance to a 42 month prison sentace in 1919, they claim they fullfiled this scripture< " 11 “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days." the daily sacrifice being that they where prevented from carrying out thier Christian duties, the thing is, the following scripture, which is the climax of the book of Daniel doesnt arrive at anything more Spiritually fullfilling, than an assembly of the Jehovahs Witnesses in 1922 at Cedar Point Ohio, :- 12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days."

Plaily this scripture is telling us that at the final part of the days, all Christians will be persecuted and prevented from worshipping for the 42 months or 1290 days, but by the 1335th day, something wonderfull will happen where all those Christians who endured, will be rewarded and happy.

Hitler persecuted them for the same reasons that the Americans also persecuted them, because they actually followed the Bible teaching of not being involved with wars and politics, so they wouldnt "worship" the Nazi ideology. The Americans persecuted them quite horribly, castrating and killing them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 11:44 pm

Nambo wrote:
TenFaces wrote:
Nambo, you have explained them to me. My intuition about them is correct. They are a brainwashed, controlled sect. Like most Mormons they believe that there will be a ruling elite or an "Elect" in the afterlife who will rule over everyone else. A kind of benevolent dictatorship of immortal rulers leading their obedient subjects. I get it. Their leaders will be the rulers in the afterlife.
Hitler must have persecuted them not only for pacifism, but because only Hitler had the right to brainwash people. They disavow government, but must obey their own masters.

Actually there will be a benevolent "dictatorship" of immortal rulers leading thier obedient subjects, Jesus made this promise to his diciples at the Last Supper, "28Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.

29And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

30That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. "

In Revelation 5 it says "10And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth."

So there will be Humans ruling over the Earth, the thing with the Jehovahs Witnesses is that they have prematurly assigned themselves to this position by appliying certain scriptures to themselves, such as in Daniel chapter 12 where it talks about the persecution every single Christian will have to endure for the 42 months of the Beast of Revelations reign, which hasnt even started yet, because 16 of them where sentance to a 42 month prison sentace in 1919, they claim they fullfiled this scripture< " 11 “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days." the daily sacrifice being that they where prevented from carrying out thier Christian duties, the thing is, the following scripture, which is the climax of the book of Daniel doesnt arrive at anything more Spiritually fullfilling, than an assembly of the Jehovahs Witnesses in 1922 at Cedar Point Ohio, :- 12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days."

Plaily this scripture is telling us that at the final part of the days, all Christians will be persecuted and prevented from worshipping for the 42 months or 1290 days, but by the 1335th day, something wonderfull will happen where all those Christians who endured, will be rewarded and happy.

Hitler persecuted them for the same reasons that the Americans also persecuted them, because they actually followed the Bible teaching of not being involved with wars and politics, so they wouldnt "worship" the Nazi ideology. The Americans persecuted them quite horribly, castrating and killing them.

Wait a minute, wait a minute - - .
Since when did Americans ever castrate Jehova's Witnesses? Or did I miss something?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 8:31 am

I had a leaflet from them once through the door. It was all "let the bible guide you in life" and all that other so called advice.

AspergianSuperstar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2011, 10:38 am

A lot of what is in this thread is false - some people who aren't Jehovah's witnesses here are arguing about what they believe.

There are a lot of perceptions people have about Jehovah's witnesses, and usually/always these aren't true. They take their beliefs from the bible.

If you want to find out what Jehovah's Witnesses teach about Jesus then the best place to look would be http://www.watchtower.org/e/20050915/article_01.htm This is what individual Jehovah's witness is taught.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Jan 2011, 12:21 pm

AspergianSuperstar wrote:
A lot of what is in this thread is false - some people who aren't Jehovah's witnesses here are arguing about what they believe.

There are a lot of perceptions people have about Jehovah's witnesses, and usually/always these aren't true. They take their beliefs from the bible.

If you want to find out what Jehovah's Witnesses teach about Jesus then the best place to look would be http://www.watchtower.org/e/20050915/article_01.htm This is what individual Jehovah's witness is taught.

In addition to AspergianSuperstar's link you can also visit What Do They Believe? from the authorized watchtower.org site. On this page you'll find a brief five paragraph overview. Next, a table showing what they believe and a list of scriptural reasons to back up their beliefs is presented. As AspergianSuperstar said arguing about what they believe if you are not a Jehovah's Witness seems intellectually dishonest.

TenFaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2011, 5:03 pm

Nambo, you said the Americans castrated Witnesses? Are you thinking of the Mormons.? I have never heard of the US persecuting Witnesses. They may have been jailed for refusing to salute flags or refusing military service, but castration?
I read that local and state authorities in the west persecuted the Mormons back in the 19th century. The Mormons were armed and fought back. The local and state/territorial authorities believed the Mormons were planning to take over the region. Both sides killed civilians. Some militia took Mormon's severed ears as trophies or to claim bounties. There may have been castrations. Earlier when the Mormon religion was founded in New York, the local authorities persecuted them. Mobs killed Mormon leaders including Smith, the founder.
In colonial times, Puritans killed or exiled Quakers. Virginia had anti-Quaker problems as well.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 9:36 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Wait a minute, wait a minute - - .
Since when did Americans ever castrate Jehova's Witnesses? Or did I miss something?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Kxmode seems like ha may be a Jehovahs Witness, Iam sure he can verify what I report, unless of course I know a lot more about his religion than he does, and certainly a lot more than you would get from thier Public Profile page.

Thinking about it, the castrations, murders, tar and feathering of Jehovahs Witnesses might have been the 1st World war, or maybe both?
Probably the best place to find out this stuff is from the Jehovahs Witness year books of the time.

Or you could do what I just did, and Google it, turns out its not for refusing to fight for your country, its for refusing to salatue the flag, glad Iam not American, seem a barbaric lot, this is from Wikipedia,

In 1935, Witnesses were told they should refuse to salute national flags, stand for national anthems, or accept alternative service provided for those who had conscientious objection to military service. In late 1936 U.S. schools began expelling Witness children who refused to salute the flag. When the U.S. Supreme Court affirmed the right of schools to expel non-conforming children in June 1940, many states began passing laws requiring compulsory flag salute and similarly expelling children. The Supreme Court decision prompted a wave of violence against U.S. Witnesses, mostly in small towns and rural areas, where they were beaten, castrated, tarred and feathered and in some cases killed. More than 2500 cases were reported from 1940 to 1944 and hundreds of Witnesses were arrested and charged with crimes including sedition."

In Japan they where tortured, in Germany they where put in camps, seems the Nazis where the least of thier troubles during those times.

JEHOVAHS WITNESSES WIKIPIDIA

As for Mormons being castrated, quite possibly, I know very little about Mormons, my speciality subject is Jehovahs Witnesses only Iam afraid, Ive even read the Finished Mystery, which I now see is available to read online:- THE FINISHED MYSTERY

In this book you can read how Charles Taze Russell, the founder, learned something that not even Jesus, not even the Angels, only God himself, oh and Charles, learnt, namely the time of Jesus second coming, he measured the passageways in the pyramid at Gaza, claimed the units of measurement represented years, and arrived at 1914, (on his second attempt).

If only Jesus had been as clever as Charles Taze Russell and measured the pyramids, he would have been able to tell his disiples and the Bible when he was coming back, the Witnesses are so lucky to have Russell.

Actually, though I mock him, in reality he did a great Spiritual work, exposing a lot of what was wrong with "State" religions, and his work has carried on resulting in a lot of people finding out about God, what other religion gets the common congregation to go around knocking on peoples doors trying to talk about God.

My mocking of Russell is really a mocking of the modern Governing body who claim to be experiencing greater understanding, but hold onto obvious early misunderstandings because thier claim to be Jesus representatives and the "faithfull and discreet slave", with authority over Jehovahs Witnesses, would all evaporate if they abandon the "Jesus came in 1914" teaching.
Even those they tell us are Jesus brothers, the "Annointed", get disfellowshipped if they ever critise that Golden calf.

!00 years of Jesus 1000 year reign allready gone, with nobody actually even being aware of it?
The ancient Egypitians where certainly aware of the plagues they endured, I dont think Gods become so Impotent that the plagues of Revelation came and went without anybody noticing, (apart from those Jehovahs Witnesses who had to study "The Revelation Climax book", how many times is it now Kxmode?, 5?

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Jan 2011, 1:22 am

Nambo wrote:
Kxmode seems like ha may be a Jehovahs Witness, Iam sure he can verify what I report, unless of course I know a lot more about his religion than he does

Everything you need to know is on the public website. Anyone is welcome to visit and read the information then decide for themselves. That's all I will say.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 7:16 am

kxmode wrote:
Nambo wrote:
Kxmode seems like ha may be a Jehovahs Witness, Iam sure he can verify what I report, unless of course I know a lot more about his religion than he does

Everything you need to know is on the public website. Anyone is welcome to visit and read the information then decide for themselves. That's all I will say.

Does it say that if you become a Jehovahs Witness you will not be alowed to Masturbate?
You will have to stop being freinds with anybody you might have had a lifetime frienship with if they are not Jehovahs Witnesses, instead you will have to keep yourself company, you might be lucky enough to find yourself in a loving congreagation, but even then you will find being a single man you dont fit in to the social whirl that is the domain of the married couples and pioneers.
Unless you are financially supported so can be a full time pioneer, even if you do meet a nice sister to marry, the Elders will tell her that if she wants to please Jehovah, she should reject you and find a pioneer to marry, you see the Jehovahs Witnesses operate a "Caste" system similar to that practised in India.

You have Elders and Pioneers at the top, Bethel boys as well are venerated.
After that Ministerial servants.
Then the ordinary members of the congregation, sisters are told by the Watchtower magazine that they shouldnt marry in this low level, only the upper tiers should be allowed the luxury of Love.

Then you have the untouchables, these are ones who maybe dont go on the field service much, or they where caught being seen with "worldly" friends, allthough they havnt done anything wrong enough to be disfellowshipped, they are "marked" and the rest of the congregation is told to make thier lives even more miserable by not talking to them.

I think young single men should be told what the are in for before they sign up. The Public Website lists nothing of the real realities of being a Jehovahs Witness.

Heres a site that addresses another aspect of being a Jehovahs Witness that the Public Website wont tell you, though this site is of most relevance to the very young :- SILENT LAMBS

HereComesTheRain
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jan 2011, 6:51 am

I grew up as a jehovahs witness and I can verify that almost everything in the video is accurate.

ResLight
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jan 2011, 12:23 pm

Nambo wrote:

As for Mormons being castrated, quite possibly, I know very little about Mormons, my speciality subject is Jehovahs Witnesses only Iam afraid, Ive even read the Finished Mystery, which I now see is available to read online:-

In this book you can read how Charles Taze Russell, the founder, learned something that not even Jesus, not even the Angels, only God himself, oh and Charles, learnt, namely the time of Jesus second coming, he measured the passageways in the pyramid at Gaza, claimed the units of measurement represented years, and arrived at 1914, (on his second attempt).

If only Jesus had been as clever as Charles Taze Russell and measured the pyramids, he would have been able to tell his disiples and the Bible when he was coming back, the Witnesses are so lucky to have Russell.

Hello everyone,

I am not with the Jehovah's Witnesses, but I do highly esteem Charles Taze Russell. I have been studying his works (amongst many others) for about 50 years.

First, Charles Taze Russell started the Watch Tower magazine, and was the main founder of the original Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. However, I believe it is not correct to say that he was the founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses religion/organization. Russell did not believe in, and preached against such sectarian and authoritarian organizations as Jehovah's Witnesses; additionally, he did not believe in, and actively preached against, the kind of message that is preached by the Jehovah's Witnesses religion. Indeed, the JWs preach a message that is almost the opposite of that which Russell preached. Thus, it would seem to me to be incorrect to think Russell was the founder of that which he did not believe in, and which he preached against.

Regarding 1914, Russell never once said anything at all about Christ as returning in 1914. In 1876, Russell accepted the studies of N. H. Barbour, of the time prophecies that indicate that Jesus returned in 1874. From 1876 to his death in 1916, Russell always believed that Christ had returned in 1874; he never said one word about Christ's coming in 1914. Later, Rutherford, trying to find justification in the Bible for his new organization, sought to apply the time prophecies to events related to his new organization doctrine; in order to do so, he ended up claiming that Christ had not returned in 1874, but rather in 1914.

The basis for believing Christ had returned in 1874 is the Bible, not the Great Pyramid. The Great Pyramid does confirm the date, but it is not the basis for the date.

The God of Jesus did not allow even his Son to know absolutely everything, especially while he was still in the days of his flesh. Jesus willingly subjected himself to his God in this matter as in other matters. -- Matthew 20:23; 26:39; Luke 22:42; Revelation 1:1.

Nevertheless, the matter concerning not knowing the day and hour pertains, not to the beginning of Christ's parousia, but rather to the passing away of the present heavens and earth. (Matthew 24:35,36; Mark 13:31,32) The latter part of Matthew 25:13 has been added to Jesus' words, although the word coming there is not parousia.

Russell himself never measured any of the passageways of the Great Pyramid (although he did pose for a picture with a measuring rod in his had when he visited the Great Pyramid).

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 1:36 pm

HereComesTheRain wrote:
I grew up as a jehovahs witness and I can verify that almost everything in the video is accurate.

Are you still JW? What was your particular experience with JW?

If you aren't, what happened, or how did you come to the decision to leave? What was that like for you?

If it's not something you want to discuss, I can understand that. There is plenty of "testimony" from non-Christians who were once active in church when they were young and left, some just deciding that it's all hokey and others who had horrible experiences. I'm not looking to paint a negative light on Witnesses beyond disagreeing with their doctrine. But it would be interesting to hear what it's like from the perspective of someone who once was a part of the organization and left.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 1:43 pm

ResLight wrote:
Nambo wrote:

As for Mormons being castrated, quite possibly, I know very little about Mormons, my speciality subject is Jehovahs Witnesses only Iam afraid, Ive even read the Finished Mystery, which I now see is available to read online:-

Hello everyone,

I am not with the Jehovah's Witnesses, but I do highly esteem Charles Taze Russell. I have been studying his works (amongst many others) for about 50 years.

First, Charles Taze Russell started the Watch Tower magazine, and was the main founder of the original Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. However, I believe it is not correct to say that he was the founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses religion/organization. Russell did not believe in, and preached against such sectarian and authoritarian organizations as Jehovah's Witnesses; additionally, he did not believe in, and actively preached against, the kind of message that is preached by the Jehovah's Witnesses religion. Indeed, the JWs preach a message that is almost the opposite of that which Russell preached. Thus, it would seem to me to be incorrect to think Russell was the founder of that which he did not believe in, and which he preached against.

Regarding 1914, Russell never once said anything at all about Christ as returning in 1914. In 1876, Russell accepted the studies of N. H. Barbour, of the time prophecies that indicate that Jesus returned in 1874. From 1876 to his death in 1916, Russell always believed that Christ had returned in 1874; he never said one word about Christ's coming in 1914. Later, Rutherford, trying to find justification in the Bible for his new organization, sought to apply the time prophecies to events related to his new organization doctrine; in order to do so, he ended up claiming that Christ had not returned in 1874, but rather in 1914.

The basis for believing Christ had returned in 1874 is the Bible, not the Great Pyramid. The Great Pyramid does confirm the date, but it is not the basis for the date.

The God of Jesus did not allow even his Son to know absolutely everything, especially while he was still in the days of his flesh. Jesus willingly subjected himself to his God in this matter as in other matters. -- Matthew 20:23; 26:39; Luke 22:42; Revelation 1:1.

Nevertheless, the matter concerning not knowing the day and hour pertains, not to the beginning of Christ's parousia, but rather to the passing away of the present heavens and earth. (Matthew 24:35,36; Mark 13:31,32) The latter part of Matthew 25:13 has been added to Jesus' words, although the word coming there is not parousia.

Russell himself never measured any of the passageways of the Great Pyramid (although he did pose for a picture with a measuring rod in his had when he visited the Great Pyramid).

Well the Jehohavahs Witnesses certainly consider him the founder, and it did indeed grow out of the organization he was president of, though I conceed it would have changed under the presidency of Rutherford whom I seem to remember Russell didnt want to succeed him.

Though my critisim is of the modern day Jehovahs Witnesses and the power they base on what they claim where his teachings, not on Russell himself, Iam not sure of the valdity of what you say, its been 23 years since I read Studies in the Scriptures and I remember the passageways of the pyramids showing 1914.

Heres what Wikepedia says on Russell:=

# Christ's Second Coming. Russell believe that Christ had returned invisibly in 1874, and that he had been ruling from the heavens since that date. He predicted that a period known as the "Gentile Times" would end in 1914, and that Christ would take power of Earth's affairs at that time. He interpreted the outbreak of World War I as the beginning of Armageddon, which he viewed to be both a gradual deterioration of civilized society, and a climactic multi-national attack on a restored Israel accompanied by worldwide anarchy.
# Pyramidology. Following views first taught by Christian writers such as John Taylor, Charles Piazzi Smyth and Joseph Seiss, he believed the Great Pyramid of Giza was built by the Hebrews (associated to the Hyksos) under God’s direction, but to be understood only in our day. He adopted and used Seiss's phrase referring to it as "the Bible in stone". He believed that certain biblical texts, including Isaiah 19:19–20 and others, prophesied a future understanding of the Great Pyramid and adopted the view that the various ascending and descending passages represented the fall of man, the provision of the Mosaic Law, the death of Christ, the exultation of the saints in heaven, etc. Calculations were made using the pattern of an inch per year. Dates such as 1874, 1914, and 1948 were purported to have been found through the study of this monument.[45]

The following is from Studies in the Scriptures volume 1 DIVINE PLAN OF THE AGES

Or how about the following from stusies in the scriptures, where he himself quotes the meaning of the pyramid measurements and changes thier meaning to arrive at 1914 in a later addition!

In his Studies in the Scriptures series of books he wrote:

"So, then, if we measure backward down the "First Ascending Passage" to its junction with the "Entrance Passage," we shall have a fixed date to mark upon the downward passage. This measure is 1542 inches, and indicates the year BC 1542, as the date at that point. Then measuring down the "Entrance Passage" from that point, to find the distance to the entrance of the "Pit," representing the great trouble and destruction with which this age is to close, when evil will be overthrown from power, we find it to be 3416 inches, symbolizing 3416 years from the above date, BC 1542. This calculation shows AD. 1874 as marking the beginning of the period of trouble; for 1542 years BC plus 1874 years AD. equals 3416 years. Thus the Pyramid witnesses that the close of 1874 was the chronological beginning of the time of trouble such as was not since there was a nation -- no, nor ever shall be afterward. And thus it will be noted that this "Witness" fully corroborates the Bible testimony on this subject..." (Charles Taze Russell, Thy Kingdom Come, Studies In The Scriptures, vol. 3, 1904 edition).

In the 1910 version of the same book, Russell changed his dating from 1874 to 1914, a date that Jehovah‘s Witnesses still hold to as relevant to this very day:

"So, then, if we measure backward down the "First Ascending Passage" to its junction with the "Entrance Passage," we shall have a fixed date to mark upon the downward passage. This measure is 1542 inches, and indicates the year BC 1542, as the date at that point. Then measuring down the "Entrance Passage" from that point, to find the distance to the entrance of the "Pit," representing the great trouble and destruction with which this age is to close, when evil will be overthrown from power, we find it to be 3457 inches, symbolizing 3457 years from the above date, BC 1542. This calculation shows AD. 1915 as marking the beginning of the period of trouble; for 1542 years BC plus 1915 years AD. equals 3457 years. Thus the Pyramid witnesses that the close of 1914 will be the beginning of the time of trouble such as was not since there was a nation -- no, nor ever shall be afterward. And thus it will be noted that this "Witness" fully corroborates the' Bible testimony on this subject..." (Charles Taze Russell, Thy Kingdom Come, Studies In The Scriptures, vol. 3, 1910 edition).

As an aside, Russell was a Zionist, hence "Zions Watchtower", he was in written communication with the "father of Zionism", Lord Rothschild, now as Rothschild is credited with formenting the events which lead to the 1st world war and the subsequent re-introduction of Jews into Palestine, would it not be inconcievable to belive Russell would have told Rothschild of the Pyramids pointing to the significance of 1914 and the birth of a Kingdom, and therefore Rothschild, who himself is identified by the use of the pyramid on the back of the dollar, used this significantly important date to give birth to the Satanic Kingdom of the Anti-Christ with the resultant arrival of the first world war, right on the date Russell expected something to happen, and to which the current Jehovahs Witnesses now view as evidence that Russell was correct?

Now if what you say is true, how come in August 1914 the World Magazine printed the article you can read if you click this lnk:- WORLD MAGAZINE where they state a 25 year prophesy of the Millanial Dawners pointing to 1914 has come true with the outbreak of war in Europe?

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 3:27 pm

At first, this Logos guy comes off as an extraterrestial nice guy, then he's like an intergalatic warlord who will destroy mankind. "Join me or DIE!"

Logos; the greatest threat to mankind since mankind. :lol:

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

ResLight
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2011, 2:13 pm

Nambo wrote:
Well the Jehohavahs Witnesses certainly consider him the founder, and it did indeed grow out of the organization he was president of,

The original legal organization that Russell and his associates created was, in effect, destroyed in 1917 by Rutherford's new by-laws. Russell was president of a legal entity; Russell was never the president of an authoritarian religious organization such as the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Likewise, if one was not familiar with the teaching of Jesus, one might say that the many atrocities that have been done in his name grew out of his teachings.

I am sure Russell would never have condoned the creation of an sectarian authoritarian organization, and I know he would not have condoned the kind of "second death" teachings that Rutherford created after his death, which produced an alleged "good news" of great woe of eternal destruction for most the people, the very opposite of what Russell taught. Rutherford, in effect, denied the very basis of the ransom sacrifice of Jesus by denying that Jesus' sacrifice covered Adam. With that denial in place, he went forward with doctrine that would, in effect, condemn millions of men, women and children to the second death without ever having received any benefit from the ransom for all.

More to follow...