Ever been in a relationship with....
A NT 86%  86%  [ 6 ]
A Neurodiverse 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7

ADD_Teen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jan 2011, 2:36 pm

He has PDD-NOS, and I'm a Neurodiverse (DCD+ADHD+Dysgraphia and/or LD-NOS (My many many diagnoses pointed those out.... :scratch: )), and many of my "disabilities" overlap the spectrum, but I'm still not on it, so I need you to help me be a better wife-to-be.
For now, our efforts in helping each other accept one another and have a healthy relationship includes me giving up on lying (even though I really meant to decieve him (I was used to keep lying to others that everything is okay so that they won't have to deal with my problems, but my Fiance'e is really sweet & caring and he wants me to tell him what's wrong), not to get some nonverbal crap which I personally don't give a s**t about :| ), not making some noises that gives him a headache, and him reminding me about things I need to do and not being critical about me forgetting my duties (though he wasn't critical at first, he's the only close person who never mocked me for being irresponsible), and dealing with my mood swings.

Our relationship is doing great: Wer'e both obsessive, we are sworn hug-whores, we don't understand others, but we understand each other most of the time, and every time we argue is about one of us risking itself and/or his future - our closest things to fights are extremely rare and based on worries.

But now, I know that he might share a few problems with you PDDers & Aspies, that I'm unware of, and I need help in being even better. As I said, I might share many, many autistic-like traits with him and you, but I'm not autistic - therefore I can't understand autistics as you do.

Obsession: Neuro-psychology, my boyfriend, neurology (stopped denying it).
Illy, I love you. :heart:

ADD_Teen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jan 2011, 3:22 pm

Anyone?

hyperbole
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 6:19 pm

I've only ever dated NT's.

The girl I like now (although we're not dating) seems to be NT, but I keep finding behaviors to give her an honorary Aspie card for. We get a long well, but we haven't met face to face yet and won't until my health improves...if she's patient....we will see.

ADD_Teen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jan 2011, 2:28 pm

hyperbole wrote:
I've only ever dated NT's.

The girl I like now (although we're not dating) seems to be NT, but I keep finding behaviors to give her an honorary Aspie card for. We get a long well, but we haven't met face to face yet and won't until my health improves...if she's patient....we will see.

Good luck!
I dated NT guys, but it failed because they got sick of my obsessive and clingy nature. My fiance'e is more obsessive & clingy than me. :heart:

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2011, 2:57 pm

I suspect that my wife is not NT but she doesn't want to find out when I've suggested but she tries hard to understand me and my sons and help either way :D

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 8:55 am

My fiance is not neurodiverse, he is just a weird NT :lol: