What are you looking forward to??

Page 1 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 2:35 pm

I thought it'd be cool to have a thread where people post their ambitions (no matter how small), their hopes and their dreams. I'll get started with my humble ambitions;

To play a Steinway piano
To read Schrödinger's "What is Life?"
To learn a lot about genetics

:D Now your turn

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 2:37 pm

I'm looking forward to summer, and to playing the drums this afternoon. :)

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 10:29 pm

I can't think of anything. :?

Edit: Wait, I've got one! I'm looking forward to no longer having a cold.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 11:20 pm

I'm looking forward to finishing this high school kid's essay so he can pay me $10 for it.

I'm also looking forward to spending said $10 on a couple of DVDs I'd like to have in my collection.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 2:22 am

For it to warm up so I can buy some Soma Foam and some silicone called dragon skin so I can attempt to make some stop-motion puppets. 8) I know you cannot buy foam latex when its cold because it ruins it. But I heard silicone becomes less eleastic when exposed to cold weather. :idea:

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 4:26 am

I'm looking forward to next week when Chiaki Kurisawa's new single comes out. It's called "Cold Finger Girl" and it's the opening theme for the recent anime Level E (yay, aliens), and it has a wicked bass line.

Oh, and for those who don't know who Chiaki Kurisawa is, she's a pop singer/actress in Japan, who many may recognize as the actress who played the ball-and-chain wielding schoolgirl assassin in Kill Bill Vol. 1.

Also, I'm looking forward to Spring Break when I finally get to be reunited with Suiseiten for the first time since December 2010.

Finally, I'm looking forward to the new episodes of at least a dozen webcomics and fan fictions that I am following.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Jan 2011, 5:24 am

For a friend to pay me back all the money he owes me. For more new eps of Family Guy. For Miranda Cosgrove to release the EP she's working on.

The only realistic ambitions I have rite now are to get a job & pay off the debt I have

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 5:33 am

I'm looking forwards to having hot water back, I have been struggling for days ever since the power went days ago. :(

So unfortunate.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 8:25 am

Seeing Pete Quaife in Heaven.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 10:13 am

Seeing Deutsch-Amerikanische Freundschaft in March 8)

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 11:56 am

I'm looking forward to moving in to my new address in Salford or to be more precise, looking forward to when I'm settled. Changing job and city in one week is actually quite scary for me! Oh, and bring on the summer too

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 12:20 pm

I'm looking forward to this summer, when I (might) go to Georgia to visit my uncle.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 1:00 pm

What a great idea for a thread.

I'm looking forward to Spring, it's so beautiful here. I'm also looking forward to the day when I'm no longer thinking about having a cigarette. I haven't smoked in almost a week.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 3:42 pm

My nap. I'll see you all in at least an hour.

Luci
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 3:53 pm

Dreams, hopes and ambitions? I'll skip the most unrealistic ones of all and go for the ones that'd at least be possible within this world if I were a tad different in personality -

I would like to be a musician/artist/philosopher/writer. I would like to live in isolation and have loads of mody modification done to look less human.

If I were to be more realistic, I would like to live on my own. To make music on my own. To gather the motivation to start up my own website, actually finish it and update it regularly. Even though no one but myself would probably even visit it.

And more realistic still? Learn to speak german, learn to play the piano a little, make a couple of songs at this school I'm in while I still have the chance. Draw more so I'd actually improve my skill at it.

And more realistic still? Do one of the piled up interesting things in my massive mental to-do list. As in, watch movies and read books I've been long meaning to read/watch but never seem to have the time, or remember to, or the motivation when it would otherwise be possible to do one of the things.

And looking forward to? This album that should've come out in autumn but didn't :hmph:
It will be released eventually but WHEN?

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 4:02 pm

I am looking forward to this Thursday, because my birthday present was a rental of an accordion, and I'm getting it then. 8)
I am very much looking forward to next Saturday. :mrgreen:

I am not looking forward to going out for dinner tonight.
I am very much not looking forward to failing 2 classes this semester. :oops: