Schedules and Structure Causing Problems with Collaboration

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 10:41 pm

I have a fixation on schedules and structures. When I work with people or collab with them, I like schedules on when I can talk to them, when we can communicate and when we can do things together.
I like structure, I tend to have a to do list in my head, a category of what is done and what needs to be done. And in these categories is my list of things. I tend to do things in order so if my to do list was:

Grocery Shopping

Homework

Write Novel

Play video game with brother

I'd do it in that order, exactly. What I end up hitting is if on my to do list was play video games with my brother, and he didn't want to any more or didn't respond when we could do it, it gets filed away. But the more the activity is post pone, the more the activity is ignored, the more my brain sets off alarms and I begin to feel stress over it. I feel overwhelmed and a lot of stress.

------

So my current problem is I'm collaborating with someone in a RP, they are my CO-GM. And I know I'm annoying them. But I just need to get things done. I need to get them done or the more it bothers me when its done.
They don't communicate with me, so schedules are all thrown out of the way. And the projects I need to get done are being post pone, so structures is being thrown out of the way too.

The less work I do. The less we discuss. The less things aren't being done, the more I begin to freak out, become frustrated and annoyed. And the more frustration I feel I begin to overload this on my partner.

I need structure and schedules, but they don't.

And I'm beginning to feel like I'm going to explode or loose my second in command. But I need to get it done. And they don't seem to understand how I need to get this done. I feel it. If its post pone any longer, if it isn't done in the next few days I'm going to die. I need the structure, I need the schedule.

I don't get things done willy nilly, whenever I feel like it. I have a schedule and a structure of when it should be done.

I don't know how to collab with people. And I don't know how to procrastinate.

Can anyone help me?

How can I collab with someone who post pone projects? How can I collab and keep my sanity?

How can I be less stressed about schedules and structures?