Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 11:56 am

I run on my tiptoes but I do not constantly walk on my tiptoes.

I like walking on my toes however, especially when I'm excited. I'd be surprised if everybody doesn't like doing it but they just don't.

I think all kinds of abnormal walks and gait are common in Asperger's and tip toeing is just one of the ways it expresses itself.

TTRSage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jan 2011, 8:52 pm

They call it toe walking on one of the Aspie tests and it took me a while to figure out what it meant. I walk heel first if outdoors and/or in shoes but indoors or barefoot it is a different matter. When barefoot or at night I almost always walk on my toes unless I have a really high energy level. The same applies when in shoes indoors although I am more likely to walk heel first in those cases. Late at night it is always on my toes though.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 9:04 pm

This is interesting, didn't know this was potentially an aspie thing.

Most of the time I do walk correctly, heel down first, but this is down to walking lessons (walked on inside of my feet as a kid), but in relaxed situations such as at home, or when drunk, I walk on my tip toes. Well, you learn something new every day.

Edit - mentioned this to my boyfriend, his comment was "are you sure that doesn't just come from living in an upstairs flat?", he's obviously been with me too long, that's some strange aspie logic coming from an NT. lol

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

30 Jan 2011, 9:37 pm

Bloodheart wrote:
This is interesting, didn't know this was potentially an aspie thing.

Most of the time I do walk correctly, heel down first, but this is down to walking lessons (walked on inside of my feet as a kid), but in relaxed situations such as at home, or when drunk, I walk on my tip toes. Well, you learn something new every day.

Edit - mentioned this to my boyfriend, his comment was "are you sure that doesn't just come from living in an upstairs flat?", he's obviously been with me too long, that's some strange aspie logic coming from an NT. lol

Haha.

The last three places I've lived had no upstairs. I lived on the ground floor in the place before that, and the place before that had no upstairs. I toe-walked in all of them.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 12:53 am

I only tip toe up the stairs. I've tried walking flat foot up the stairs but I prefer tip toes.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.