Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 6:06 pm

There are a lot of aspies who don't talk a lot, but how many of you can talk non-stop?

I am guilty for talking walls of words at quiet people, but sometimes, usually with more talkative people, I don't say anything and let the other person talk their head off. It's one extreme or the other for me.

Anyone else like that?

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 6:08 pm

Yep.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 6:33 pm

Yup

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 12:05 am

I either don't say anything or won't quit talking.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 2:06 am

From personal experience, I find that aspies will frequently go off on monologues whether its about their special interests or not. Something I typically look for in trying to determine whether a persons aspie or not. They dont know when to stop talking when u get them started. Theres probably other aspies that have problems trying to talk, never have gotten to know any of those. Ive only gotten to know the ones that go off on monologues. Im am very very guilty of monologues. Even when I hold reciprocal conversation, I have the problem in not knowing how to end the conversation with people, I will keep the conversation going too long beyond typical approprieteness. Bad habits I picked up from my NT mom.