How do I stop myself from having crushes?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 1:07 pm

I don't know. Where did you put your Willie Nelson cd?

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 4:12 pm

TheygoMew wrote:
I don't know. Where did you put your Willie Nelson cd?

Actually, I don't need it. That song (On the road again...) always gets stuck in my head whenever I do a road trip, also since I'll be on Route 66 I won't need my Depeche Mode CD either... :wink:

MarsCoban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Feb 2011, 6:09 pm

Laz wrote:
Public castration is a good idea.

YOU LIKE SWANS.

:!:

Oh, and, no - I don't think having crushes can be helped. Either you act on it or you don't, that's the only part in which choice comes in...

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 12:01 am

Antidepressants allegedly reduce one's ability to experience the feelings of infatuation associated with falling in love, and a crush is really nothing but those feelings.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 6:10 am

I might get a lot of crap for this but it's always been my opinion that if you're constantly getting crushes where you can't stop thinking about the crush, then the person that you're with isn't really that great of a match when it comes to being in a romantic relationship with you. I think it's normal to feel small bits of attraction for other people though, and if you do have a huge crush on someone else while you're in a serious meaningful relationship, then it might be okay to let the crush blow over. If you imagine yourself being with the crush though and enjoy the thought of it then I suggest taking a break from relationships, and just date around for a bit 'till you find the one that really takes your mind off of the others. Things happen sometime but it's up to you to choose if you act on it, and how you act on it. :) Good luck.

JohnEveryman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2011, 8:28 pm

I hate having crushes. I can deal with women easily when I'm not attracted to them, but once I start liking her, like really liking her, I end up acting stupid and doing stupid things.

PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Feb 2011, 11:04 pm

Just think of it as a CRUSH. Meaning that you will be crushed for getting rejected or get crushed for cheating. Start thinking about the relationship you are in right now. The more you think about your girlfriend, the less your thinking about the other girls. If you're happy about your relationship right now, keep it. Don't throw it away. If she makes you smile and you have a good time with her, then its better to continue to focus on that relationship. When you think you are having chrushes with other girls, think of reasons why you have no chance with them and ask youself "Would I be really happy if I date them?". Relationships last longer then chrushes. Keep that in mind and continue to focus on your hobbies. That might help.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Feb 2011, 1:47 pm

if my ceribral cortex was any smaller, i'd be a hollywood stalker. thankfully i know how to control my crushes. the end :jester:

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 2:47 pm

I've conquered this by never going out! :)

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 4:20 pm

Kiseki wrote:

Saddly wnough its an option Ive been considering lately.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 4:33 pm

I like having crushes on people. As I said in my first comment, it takes an intentional series of actions to actually act on a crush and I just neglect to do those things. But I like the feeling of attraction, nervousness and tension with someone new. It gives me butterflies. People can be fascinating. Have fun and enjoy the world. If you get overwhelmed, then stay home. But whatever you do, never let a significant other know about a crush you might have on a non-celebrity. That's asking for trouble. :wink:

MarsCoban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Feb 2011, 6:01 pm

Kiseki wrote:

What's wrong with having a crush? Most of the guys you have a crush on probably have a crush on you in return. Or are you taken?

Mx3
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2011, 3:26 am

You can't stop yourself from having crushes.
Get to know this girl before you make any decisions, and do not cheat on your girl