Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 2:34 pm

Has anyone tried Strattera for AD(H)D?

I know that the stimulant medications I have tried cause an increase in psychotic symptoms. Strattera works differently.

Does it work well?

Bill

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 2:54 pm

I take Strattera. It works as well for me as Ritalin or Concerta , which is a noticeable improvement but in no way fixes the problem. I take it because I started developing facial tics with the stimulant medications.

Ah_Q
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 6:49 pm

You listen to Chicago to treat ADD?

danar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2011, 12:47 am

I tried Adderall for a while but didn't like the ramp up and ramp down. I've been on Vyvanse for years now. Very smooth, once in the morning. It IS a stimulant but I have not developed any tics.

kprox1994
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Feb 2011, 4:48 am

I take it, works well for me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 8:37 am

strattera worked very well for me, albeit in a subtle fashion. it was the only drug i tried that made me feel relatively normal- it made me feel like i had about 20 points more IQ, in fact- i never thought better, sharper or more clearly at any other time in my life. it didn't make me sweat or lose weight like the other stimulant drugs. it treated both my ADHD [inattentive subtype] as well as major symptoms of my AS. the only prob was that it aggravated my GERD, so i had to drop it. plus, for the unlucky ones sans health insurance, it is prohibitively expen$$$$ive.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 10:49 am

auntblabby wrote:
strattera worked very well for me, albeit in a subtle fashion. it was the only drug i tried that made me feel relatively normal- it made me feel like i had about 20 points more IQ, in fact- i never thought better, sharper or more clearly at any other time in my life. it didn't make me sweat or lose weight like the other stimulant drugs. it treated both my ADHD [inattentive subtype] as well as major symptoms of my AS. the only prob was that it aggravated my GERD, so i had to drop it. plus, for the unlucky ones sans health insurance, it is prohibitively expen$$$$ive.

I get it at a reduced price through a "patient's assistance" program where the pharmaceutical company sends it directly to the pharmacy. Otherwise I couldn't afford it. I have to meet their income requirements.

against_the_clock
Raven
Raven

Location: Louisville Kentucky (if you think I don't wear shoes I'll throw them at you)

27 Feb 2011, 7:27 am

It worked alright for me. But I had to stop taking it because it was increasing my blood pressure and my blood pressure was already high. I also noticed that the effects wore off after a while so I would have had to take more than I was taking.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 1:17 pm

I take it and it works for me in terms of improving concentration, motivation to do school work etc. but it actually increases my anxiety, OCD symptoms and repetitive behaviors (I think it does anyway...maybe I've just been really stressed since I've been on it.....). I am probably going to lower my dose..........