05 Feb 2011, 11:52 pm

They brought that up in one episode.

Mercurial
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 8:24 pm

Titangeek wrote:

Yep, and the answer was "No, he's just jerk." I think that's fitting. House is far too engaged with other people despite his own misanthropy. Everything he does revolves around other people. He's not an Aspie. Just a jerk.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 8:26 pm

Mercurial wrote:
Titangeek wrote:

Yep, and the answer was "No, he's just jerk." I think that's fitting. House is far too engaged with other people despite his own misanthropy. Everything he does revolves around other people. He's not an Aspie. Just a jerk.

i believe they used a different word :lol:

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 9:19 pm

i think he has mild asperger's

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 2:44 pm

Mercurial wrote:
Titangeek wrote:

This.

billmeister
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Mar 2011, 12:08 am

Isn't he a bit of a narcissist, being that he has to have everything his way, and he always has to be right?

matrixluver
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Mar 2011, 8:56 am

He makes too many perfect judgements of others' motivations and lies to be an Aspie. I'm thinking personality disorder.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 9:27 am

it's probably already been said but it bears repeating.

No, he's not. It's been theorized and rejected in one episode.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 9:06 am

imbatshitcrazy wrote:

Psychopathy, i.e. AntiSocial Personality Disorder (ASPD):
Quote:
DSM

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders fourth edition, DSM IV-TR = 301.7, a widely used manual for diagnosing mental disorders, defines antisocial personality disorder (in Axis II Cluster B) as:[1]

A) There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring for as long as either childhood, or in the case of many who are influenced by environmental factors, around age 15, as indicated by three or more of the following:

1. failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;
2. deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
3. impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;
4. irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;
5. reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
6. consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;
7. lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another;

B) The individual is at least 18 years of age.
C) There is evidence of Conduct Disorder with onset before age 15 years.
D) The occurrence of antisocial behavior is not exclusively during the course of Schizophrenia or a Manic Episode.

As i have mentioned before in 1000's of "Is house an Aspie" threads - there is a BIG f*****g difference between being a psychopat and an aspie.

House is textbook psychopath. He may appear like a fun guy to hang around with, but you really should put as much distance between such people and yourself as possible.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 9:08 am

he's a kick ass diagnostician though.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 8:33 pm

Ichinin wrote:
imbatshitcrazy wrote:

Psychopathy, i.e. AntiSocial Personality Disorder (ASPD)

pscychpathy is a form of ASPD

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

01 Apr 2011, 6:47 pm

emlion wrote:
he's a kick ass diagnostician though.

I used to dream about having him as my doctor-
he could be as horribly mean to me as he wanted,
if he'd diagnose my mental and other probs!