Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 10:14 pm

I do not support it, just report it.

I see a split culture, with one voice it speaks of sex being evil, then sells thongs to second graders.

Japan as seen through the eyes of Cracked, is more commercial. They are an example of all market segments finding a place.

America is sexualizing girls. Childhood is being lost. Being popular is more important than being yourself.

Parents want her to be popular, even if the price of friends is joining a gang.

Jon Benet dressed as a Vegas showgirl is an example. Six going on twenty.

My last kid was a mudpie tomboy, she was left in the yard with the dogs. She hung out with girlfriends till she was late teens, and then noticed boys. She had a childhood, a long time to grow up, and a support network. She turned into a girl at eighteen.

Other girls are pushed into dating at nine. I think they miss something important. Some Cheerleader Moms want to live life over through their daughters, and forget she is ten, and they were seventeen.

Ranting at the result is a bit late. Getting her boyfriends, well everyone knows what happened to Ken dolls. For those who missed it, in the closet in his socks.

What I favor is childhood, which I see vanishing.

It has been sold out by new women, and I liked the old ones.

Altogether Americans are too driven. Childhood is seen as a slacker wasting time. Americans worked more hours than anyone before the crash. The Japanese took more time off. Getting a degree was more important than an education, and no time to think about the future, go to work, go in debt, repeat.

So it turns out no one grew up, thought of the future, had childhood dreams they followed, and the world crashed.

I am old, the world I deal with hardly thinks outside of sex. I deal with women who have one act, and the sexual has little place in business, I am not your boyfriend, I do not care, where is the report?

Curing children of childhood has not produced a better world.

Working them in mines, spinning mills, laundries, did not produce a better world.

Dressing them years older than their age, with makeup, and teaching them to flirt with everyone, will lead to other things. A better world is not one.

Now we have a world where most under thirty cannot get married, or have the social skills to stay married, cannot find a job, and have a shallow and impersonal connection to life. They are not being, they are acting.

Like language, if you miss the time to learn, you never get it. We have a lot of people who never grew up, something natural through childhood.

At seven we are totally creative, by university, hardly at all. Childish play is where dreams are developed that in the past have turned to wonderful things. Excess school and being pushed into adult behavior turns out shallow boring and bored people.

Laws and blame do not work for cultural problems. Children were exploited out of their childhood, and everyone is guilty.