Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

NathanealWest
Toucan
Toucan

07 Feb 2011, 1:11 am

How well do you dance, whether if you're a shambler or you can bust out like Mr. Dynamite, I want to know. 8)

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 1:41 am

the last time i attempted to dance i tripped over my own feet and landing 3 inches from my dogs face 8O

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 3:54 am

I dance strangely as hell, and I like to. :P

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Feb 2011, 4:52 am

People have told me I'm a great dancer, which was a total suprise to me. I don't really know how I dance. Improvisation's the word. I just let the music work through my body 8)

Maje
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 3:24 pm

Dancing is maybe the one thing I do best. I get all out what cant be said with words and it relieves me extremely. It took me a long time (years) to free myself mentally so much from the people around that I was able to consentrate only on dancing. Then I found out that I need it, so I go to parties, but mainly for dancing. People also tell me that Im an amazing dancer, and also that they have never seen somebody dance like that before.

NathanealWest
Toucan
Toucan

09 Feb 2011, 2:17 am

I'm the same way, Maje. Glad to see I've got a brother. :)

Maje
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 6:49 am

NathanealWest wrote:
I'm the same way, Maje. Glad to see I've got a brother. :)

A sister actually :D

NathanealWest
Toucan
Toucan

13 Feb 2011, 2:21 am

Oh, surprised again. :) I've probably learned everything I know how to do from watching Soul Train.

Maje
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 11:54 am

Cool! Good to have a bro :) Im a freestyler and I dont have any other plan than expressing my emotions through the music. I prefer electric music, but I have such a broad spectrum, so the music just has to be good and thats all. No studied dance steps or anything like that. I would call it controlled stimming.

daedal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Feb 2011, 1:28 pm

Used to take lessons. Stopped them, because it was akward and also I was just so uncoordinated :D I loved the music though. I asked to be left back in the tap class after I did a grade because I like the music the pianist played. A few years ago, I found the sheet music for it :D

And I have no idea. I haven't been in that kind of situation since I was like...14.
I've been told I 'move very well' and that I'm very poised. I'm guessing they mean graceful? Gosh, I have the stiff gait in public and everything! How can I 'move well'! Sometimes, I might absent mindedly do a few steps from ballet. Feels like ages ago- 'steps' is probably the wrong word!

AngelKnight
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 12:23 am

I dance fit to make the white bands on Soul Train look good :/

I may well only be graceful when I'm in a fight. Since those encounters uniformly resulted in loss of consciousness (sometimes mine, sometimes my opponents'), it didn't leave me any means to ask how my dancing was.

(No offense intended, esp. to the white bands on Soul Train)