Thomas Edison's Predictions for 2011 from 1911

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 6:44 am

Someone clue me in about pole shifting? What's that mean, that the current poles will move? Like the earth will tilt in different places?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 6:50 am

Moog wrote:
Someone clue me in about pole shifting? What's that mean, that the current poles will move? Like the earth will tilt in different places?

Wikipedia Pole Shift
The cataclysmic pole shift hypothesis is the conjecture that there have been rapid shifts in the relative positions of the modern-day geographic locations of the poles and the axis of rotation of a planet. For the Earth, such a dynamic change could create calamities such as floods and tectonic events.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 10:03 pm

bigboff wrote:
well yes i totally agree, but i would mlike to mention 2012 here as welll
the main thing people forget is that its not the end of the world,
the actual quote is ' the end of the world as we know it'

The Mayan calendar is very interesting indeed but seriously.....

How could a bunch of stone age Indians who never even invented the wheel know what was going to happen a thousand years in the future?

SeizeTheDay
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 12:56 am

I think by 2011, Mayans got tired of counting years and just decided "Hey, let's freak a whole bunch of people out!"

"The person who knows everything has a lot to learn."

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" (I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am) René Descartes

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 3:18 am

I dislike edison.

From what i have heard he tried to steal everybodies work, including Tesla's and he even electrocuted an Eliphant just to discredit d/c which rivalled his d/c electricity. (maybe that was the other way round)

Say i could go back in time, i would give Thomas Edison a big slap in the face, travel back and see how things have turned out.,

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 5:28 am

PatrickNeville wrote:
I dislike edison.

From what i have heard he tried to steal everybodies work, including Tesla's and he even electrocuted an Eliphant just to discredit d/c which rivalled his d/c electricity. (maybe that was the other way round)

Say i could go back in time, i would give Thomas Edison a big slap in the face, travel back and see how things have turned out.,

+1

He's way overrated.

FTM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Feb 2011, 8:28 am

PatrickNeville wrote:
I dislike edison.

Can't stand the bloke, I bet Joe Swan would like to give him a slap too.

From Wikipedia
-In America, Edison had been working on copies of the original light bulb patented by Swan, trying to make them more efficient. Though Swan had beaten him to this goal, Edison obtained patents in America for a fairly direct copy of the Swan light, and started an advertising campaign which claimed that he was the real inventor. Swan, who was less interested in making money from the invention, agreed that Edison could sell the lights in America while he retained the rights in Britain.

While searching for a better filament for his light bulb, Swan inadvertently made another advance. In 1881, Swan developed and patented a process for squeezing nitro-cellulose through holes to form conducting fibres. His newly established Swan Electric Lamp Company (which by merger was to become the Edison and Swan United Company) used the cellulose filaments, that Swan had invented, in their bulbs. The textile industry has also used this process.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 9:45 am

gee, who else sees a 19th century bill gates here? [in edison the man]