Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 5:45 pm

Jamesy wrote:
i thought depression was feeling sad all the time not angry

Depression takes many forms, and sadness is only one of them. Clinical depression is different from just "being depressed." I have to deal with depression, and I almost never feel sad.

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 5:52 pm

I have problems with facial expressions. Apparently, my usual expression is unhappy, even if I'm feeling fine. I smile inappropriately, particularly when I'm talking about something bad that happened to me. I have been told that my face is "unusually expressive" so that I stand out; I'm not sure what that means exactly.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 6:03 pm

This is my default facial expression:

I think it's quite cute that I look this way. :P

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 6:05 pm

Yeah sometimes when i feel content with everybody and myself people accuse me looking 'bored'

i am kinda apprehensive about seeking out counselling but things in my life are really bad at the moment so maybe i will not have a choice?

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 6:12 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Yeah sometimes when i feel content with everybody and myself people accuse me looking 'bored'

i am kinda apprehensive about seeking out counselling but things in my life are really bad at the moment so maybe i will not have a choice?

It's really not bad. At first, it was very difficult to share with someone else, but now I find that it can be quite relaxing.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 6:15 pm

I think that it would be something, if everyone posted a pic of their default expression or something similar. I think we can have a lot of fun with that. :)

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 6:28 pm

I get angy at even the slightest snub or social slight.

analyser23
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2011, 1:13 am

Everyone always comes up to me and tells me to "smile" or "it's not that serious!", or "cheer up!". I have had this my entire Life, and even had it written on my Grade 5 report card that my teacher wanted me to smile more! I have only just in the last couple of years (I'm not 30) learnt to do a fake smile for photos lol