Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AS_mom
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2011, 5:17 pm

I know you have talked about your height before and if you are feeling angry most of the time then it is related to your facial expression and how others see you. I think in that case it would be wise to consider some sort of therapy or counseling help as this is an issue for you that constantly seems to impact you life and I think others on this forum have tried to help before but really some professional help probably would be best.

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 5:45 pm

Jamesy wrote:
i thought depression was feeling sad all the time not angry

Depression takes many forms, and sadness is only one of them. Clinical depression is different from just "being depressed." I have to deal with depression, and I almost never feel sad.

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 5:52 pm

I have problems with facial expressions. Apparently, my usual expression is unhappy, even if I'm feeling fine. I smile inappropriately, particularly when I'm talking about something bad that happened to me. I have been told that my face is "unusually expressive" so that I stand out; I'm not sure what that means exactly.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 6:03 pm

This is my default facial expression:

I think it's quite cute that I look this way. :P

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 6:05 pm

Yeah sometimes when i feel content with everybody and myself people accuse me looking 'bored'

i am kinda apprehensive about seeking out counselling but things in my life are really bad at the moment so maybe i will not have a choice?

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 6:12 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Yeah sometimes when i feel content with everybody and myself people accuse me looking 'bored'

i am kinda apprehensive about seeking out counselling but things in my life are really bad at the moment so maybe i will not have a choice?

It's really not bad. At first, it was very difficult to share with someone else, but now I find that it can be quite relaxing.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 6:15 pm

I think that it would be something, if everyone posted a pic of their default expression or something similar. I think we can have a lot of fun with that. :)

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 6:28 pm

I get angy at even the slightest snub or social slight.

analyser23
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2011, 1:13 am

Everyone always comes up to me and tells me to "smile" or "it's not that serious!", or "cheer up!". I have had this my entire Life, and even had it written on my Grade 5 report card that my teacher wanted me to smile more! I have only just in the last couple of years (I'm not 30) learnt to do a fake smile for photos lol