Anyone familiar with the Eden Institute?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Aeturnus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2006, 1:04 am

Is anyone utilizing these forums familiar with the Eden Institute? It's located in central New Jersey, so this probably won't apply to those who aren't around New Jersey. I have no idea how many people from New Jersey use these forums. I know of one or two I have seen from past posts.

It was brought up once or twice at my local aspie group, and I thought it was a school for people with autism. I find out later that it also caters to adults and has supported living and supported employment programs. It handles people with aspergers syndrome as well as other high-functioning autistic conditions, besides just classical autism.

I'm more interested in how it works, what sort of financial resources are needed, etc... They do evaluations at their quarters, or so they claim. I am going to be looking for supported living arrangements quite soon, though I don't want group homes or other types of residences involving roommates. I don't care about staffing arrangements. When I get a job, I doubt it will pay much, and time will come when I will need to move away from my parents and get on my own somewhere. I also have like no experience living on my own as it is, and I'm 31 years old.

- Ray M -