Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 11:35 pm

I had to be at a family wedding a few months ago and my aunt sort of demanded a hug from me. Uncomfortable. It seems odd to tell people to hug them. There was three dogs there and I felt most comfortable with them.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 11:01 am

I don't hate it. I just don't know how to respond to it. It feels awkward and uneasy to me.

EXAMPLE- the other day I met a new girl who was sub-teaching at my school. She was a really strange artist-type and seemed to find my inappropriate discussion topics amusing. Anyway we had great conversation and were getting on really well. She also turned out to be gay, like me. I had no idea if she was flirting with me or what but, on the train to our respective homes, she put both of her hands on my shoulders to steady herself and then was rubbing my shoulders too. I just stood there and was thinking, "Why are you doing this? I just met you!"

I don't touch people unless I am drunk or really in love. I don't know why I am like this.

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Feb 2011, 12:59 pm

I don't like it when people touch me unexpectedly like in crowds busy places. I don't even like people being close enough to maybe touch me unexpectedly. It's worse if it's my head or hair. I don't really touch other people unless it's my wife or children

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 1:02 pm

I hate being touched by strangers.
& everyone I care about knows enough by now not to touch me in a way I don't like.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 1:18 pm

Depends on who's touching me, what the situation is, why they're touching me, and what my mood is. Generally, if anyone who I'm not in a romantic situation with accidentally touches me, I get very annoyed for no real reason.

JSMC
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2011, 1:30 pm

I don't like being touched by accident, even friends and family. But I do like soft touch like animals or women. I don't feel comfortable when people hug me unless I know them on a more personal level.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Feb 2011, 2:11 pm

I used to go to support groups, which turned into nightmares at the end. People would start hugging each other. I never knew how to fend off the hugs, and would keep getting "trapped" into hugging strangers. By the time I got home, I would melt down. Finally a woman there showed me how to ward off a hug. By putting out one hand, palm outward, and saying something like "I can only shake hands," or "No thanks." I could never understand this need to make constant physical contact with strangers! :?

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 3:20 pm

I don't like light touch - anything/anyone brushing lightly me against me in any way. *shudder*
I like good strong hugs from people I know and trust and couldn't do without them.
But I must be expecting them otherwise it's like someone forcibly invading my space and I want to push them away.
I don't understand it when people I've just met want to hug or shake hands with me. Why??

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 3:53 pm

I get embarressed when people touch me because I end up flinching. Even if I know they're going to touch me I do it. They probably think I was abused as a child or something and thats definitely not the case lol.