Do you find yourself attracted to the wrong type of girl?

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Feb 2011, 8:34 pm

sweetchestnut wrote:
Quote:
Every girl I ever been attracted to except for my ex has been the wrong kind because I have absolutely no chance in hell with em. I need to be attracted to men instead

I do believe that if a person is your ex now, he or she wasn't the right one.

She was the rite one but I wasn't rite for her. I had some emotional problems & misdirected things onto her. She's better off without me but the only time my life was good was when I was with her. I knew that then but I was to stupid & naive to understand my emotional problems then

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 8:06 am

Volodja wrote:
I like some crazy f**** up women sometimes, but they're usually not real ie. Marla

In general I would say the kinda girls I like would actually be just right for me if I could get them :P

Crazy f****d up women are the best. :wink:

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 8:08 am

emlion wrote:
Volodja wrote:
I like some crazy f**** up women sometimes, but they're usually not real ie. Marla

In general I would say the kinda girls I like would actually be just right for me if I could get them :P

Crazy f**** up women are the best. :wink:

Isn't that most of them? :P

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 8:10 am

nah some are boring and princesses. ;)

YoungAspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2015, 7:21 pm

So I finally had a relationship with a girl who didn't have her own issues... and she left because of mine. Sigh.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Apr 2015, 7:41 pm

YoungAspie wrote:
I don't know if this is just me, and my own personality and experiences, or to do with my AS, but I find myself drawn to girls who, tbh, don't treat me the way they "should", and aren't the most emotionally/mentally stable of people. The past 3 girls I've been seriously into/have gone out with have been A) A bit of a psychpath/narcissist, B) a huge self harmer, and feels themselves to be worthless and C) a girl who is clinically depressed, and has an extremely troubled childhood.

Is it just me? Or do other aspies on here find themselves experiencing something similar?

No it isn't just you. My last 2 exes were narcissistic drama queens who were emotionally unstable to the extreme. The most recent one was borderline and turned out to be pregnant with her previous partners baby. She drank like a fish, smoked like a chimney, and abused her psych-meds during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. The worst thing by far about these last 2 women is they were incredibly manipulative and lacked empathy for me and the relationships fell apart because we got locked into a power struggle.

I tend to be attracted to women who are impulsive, flamboyant, exhibitionist, highly dramatic, and wear a ton of makeup + flashy clothes but are still empathic.

But the bigger problem is that I myself attract the wrong kind of girl. I was actually looking for a shy, introverted, artistic/bohemian girl who is flexible and emotionally stable but at the same time very empathic. I met someone last year who was like that, not crazy but a bit odd, and she really wasn't into me at all. Lately, odd/Aspie-ish women really don't seem to be that into me. It's the crazy drama queen types who want someone to f*ck with who keep coming my way.