If people ignore you, what does it mean?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 11:54 pm

If somebody recognizes you and should acknowledge you but never does, does it mean they don't like you? Does it mean they don't think you're good enough? Does it mean they're doing it just to feel better about themselves? Does it mean they think that YOU'RE being a jerk somehow? What does it mean?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 12:29 am

When people ignore me, I just take it as them not liking me. I don't worry about it and I find other people to talk to.

Nicholas1000x
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2011, 12:59 am

I take it as someone not liking me too captaintrips i dont think it should be thought of too deeply about just dont talk to them if that what they want and thats one less person for you to worry about

eddie82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Feb 2011, 1:17 am

When I feel like someone has ignored me I tend to take it very personal and I have a hard time letting it go. I guess thats something I need to learn to overlook.

Nicholas1000x
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2011, 1:35 am

eddie82 wrote:
When I feel like someone has ignored me I tend to take it very personal and I have a hard time letting it go. I guess thats something I need to learn to overlook.

i think so it isnt worth the energy thinking about that person they havent thought much about you

:) there so many nicer people out there to think about :)

eddie82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Feb 2011, 1:50 am

Nicholas1000x wrote:
eddie82 wrote:

i think so it isnt worth the energy thinking about that person they havent thought much about you

Come to think of it, it really is very exhausting to worry so much about what I may or may not have done to turn someone away from me. Most people just don't understand me. Joining this board is going to be very therapeutic for me. It's hard to grasp the fact that for the majority of my life, I thought I was the only one like this.

Nicholas1000x
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2011, 2:20 am

eddie82 wrote:
Nicholas1000x wrote:
eddie82 wrote:

Come to think of it, it really is very exhausting to worry so much about what I may or may not have done to turn someone away from me. Most people just don't understand me. Joining this board is going to be very therapeutic for me. It's hard to grasp the fact that for the majority of my life, I thought I was the only one like this.

theres alot of people out there who would think the way you have even before you even got here :) whatever you say or do or thought you said or done cant be changed in anyway at all so it isnt worth the worry and the worrying wont fix it either it'll just wear you out a make you feel bad

eddie82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Feb 2011, 2:26 am

True. It is inspiring to see so many people on here just letting go and doing their own thing. Trying to pretend to be NT has nearly driven me to my death bed.

Nicholas1000x
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2011, 2:38 am

eddie82 wrote:
True. It is inspiring to see so many people on here just letting go and doing their own thing. Trying to pretend to be NT has nearly driven me to my death bed.

just be you its not as exhausting :) and it adds colour and drama :)

eddie82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Feb 2011, 2:50 am

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I think I just completed my first thread hijack lol.

Nicholas1000x
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2011, 3:31 am

eddie82 wrote:
Thanks for the words of wisdom. I think I just completed my first thread hijack lol.

its ok :) and you did didn't you how rude lol :D

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 4:38 am

Reasons for someone ignoring you:

1. They didn't see/hear you or realize you were talking to them.
2. They are on the spectrum or have some type of social anxiety and either weren't sure what to do, or wanted to avoid the confrontation because they were scared.
3. They don't like you for some reason.
4. They were in a rush and are just rude.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 5:06 am

Chronos wrote:

That's what I'm gonna go with from now on. It's easier that way for some reason.

Reptillian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2011, 6:37 am

Chronos wrote:

2. They are on the loner spectrum or have some type of social anxiety and either weren't sure what to do, or wanted to avoid the confrontation because they were scared.

Fixed.
It is not always true that loners are on the aspie spectrum.

Also, just because some people ignore you doesn't mean they have anything against you. I ignore just about everybody giving them slight attention to what they want and leave because I don't want to get involved and I prefer solitude.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 6:39 pm

Reptillian wrote:
Chronos wrote:

2. They are on the loner spectrum or have some type of social anxiety and either weren't sure what to do, or wanted to avoid the confrontation because they were scared.

Fixed.
It is not always true that loners are on the aspie spectrum.

Also, just because some people ignore you doesn't mean they have anything against you. I ignore just about everybody giving them slight attention to what they want and leave because I don't want to get involved and I prefer solitude.

I didn't say "loner spectrum". It is not appropriate to reword someone's quote as if they intended to say what you think it should say. That is misrepresentation and you should refrain from doing it in the future.

glass
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Feb 2011, 9:57 am

I normally want to know why they have been ignoring me. doesn't quite work out so well. I say just leave them if they want to talk to you later then fine so be it.