Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Spuggey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2011, 6:15 pm

Does anyone know any good sites for meeting people if you're...well, AS, shy, paranoid and slightly odd? I mean, most dating sites are for 'normal' people and I don't tend to get many responses. Maybe this is because I'm hideous, maybe it's because I don't fit in with the stereotypes. Either way, I'm lonely and fed up at being skipped over. I'm 28 and diagnosed with Asperger's. I just found this website and joined up today so... I don't know anyone on wrong planet either yet! Any help/advice would be appreciated! I'm in the UK if that helps.

Zur-Darkstar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2011, 8:50 pm

Well, as a girl, you can change your hair and clothes and make skilled use of makeup so you won't be "hideous". Most people that think they're hideous are really not. A good dating site for geeks is www.gk2gk.com.

BAPD--124 aloof, 88 rigid, 83 pragmatic
EQ/SQ--21/78--Extreme systematizing

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 8:58 pm

Zur-Darkstar wrote:
Well, as a girl, you can change your hair and clothes and make skilled use of makeup so you won't be "hideous". Most people that think they're hideous are really not.

:roll:

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 9:21 pm

Spuggey wrote:
Does anyone know any good sites for meeting people if you're...well, AS, shy, paranoid and slightly odd? I mean, most dating sites are for 'normal' people and I don't tend to get many responses. Maybe this is because I'm hideous, maybe it's because I don't fit in with the stereotypes. Either way, I'm lonely and fed up at being skipped over. I'm 28 and diagnosed with Asperger's. I just found this website and joined up today so... I don't know anyone on wrong planet either yet! Any help/advice would be appreciated! I'm in the UK if that helps.

No idea really. I think the most important thing is that you let some of your self-criticism go and let women decide for themselves whether they'll go out with you. The only way to know is to ask. Take your lumps and your skills will improve. You might have to take a lot of lumps.

Reminds me of a bit from the "Sh*t my Dad Says" twitter account:

"Son, let women figure out why they won't scr*w you. Don't do it for them"

http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays/status/4811790555

Zur-Darkstar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Feb 2011, 10:40 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Zur-Darkstar wrote:
Well, as a girl, you can change your hair and clothes and make skilled use of makeup so you won't be "hideous". Most people that think they're hideous are really not.

:roll:

What's the eyeroll for? I wasn't trying to be demeaning. Did I miss something? If you're implying that physical attraction shouldn't be a factor in relationships, then I think you're in denial of reality. It is a factor for almost all guys, and most women as well, and things like keeping your hair combed and having good hygiene habits and knowing what clothes look good on you can work wonders. The girl I was most attracted to ever in my life was not what most guys would call hot, but she had pretty eyes, nice hair, and always seemed to pick clothes that looked awesome on her.

BAPD--124 aloof, 88 rigid, 83 pragmatic
EQ/SQ--21/78--Extreme systematizing