sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. >.<
i tangent off far too often.
apologies. :oops:

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 6:21 am

flamemasterelan wrote:
While I don't really know about the first one(though it does sound effective from what Emlion was saying....), a few signals I've heard about, and try to keep my eye out for is playing with the hair, licking the lips, etc. While my communication book talks about how females tend to make contact more frequently, it tends to be the males who initiate physical contact, so I don't know if I'd put much stock in touching, though if she is making physical contact, there's probably a good chance she's interested. Assuming, of course, that you haven't known her that long, at least.

Also, try to pay attention to her heading. If her body is pointed in your general direction while you're talking to her, it indicates interest. Not necessarily romantic interest, mind you, but she's at the very least interested in what you're saying.

Unless you're walking and talking at the same time, in which case, she really does need to keep her eyes ahead of her, as I've learned far too often. Those damn signposts hurt.

Thanks, I'll try to keep these in mind. It can be hard enough just maintaining conversation without having to actively look for subtle signals. I hate my lame communication skills. :roll:

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 6:23 am

emlion wrote:
sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. >.<
i tangent off far too often.
apologies. :oops:

Don't worry about it, you may have gone down the tangent but you also tried to help. :D

flamemasterelan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2011, 2:09 pm

Mark198423 wrote:
flamemasterelan wrote:
While I don't really know about the first one(though it does sound effective from what Emlion was saying....), a few signals I've heard about, and try to keep my eye out for is playing with the hair, licking the lips, etc. While my communication book talks about how females tend to make contact more frequently, it tends to be the males who initiate physical contact, so I don't know if I'd put much stock in touching, though if she is making physical contact, there's probably a good chance she's interested. Assuming, of course, that you haven't known her that long, at least.

Also, try to pay attention to her heading. If her body is pointed in your general direction while you're talking to her, it indicates interest. Not necessarily romantic interest, mind you, but she's at the very least interested in what you're saying.

Unless you're walking and talking at the same time, in which case, she really does need to keep her eyes ahead of her, as I've learned far too often. Those damn signposts hurt.

Thanks, I'll try to keep these in mind. It can be hard enough just maintaining conversation without having to actively look for subtle signals. I hate my lame communication skills. :roll:

Oh, believe me, I know. Whenever I talk to my crush I have to be hyper focused in an attempt to pick up any subtle signs(likes me, bored, wants me to leave, etc.). I'm hoping it'll get easier once this phase is done, and we move onto friends or whatever, so I can just relaaaaaaax.

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 5:53 am

flamemasterelan wrote:
Oh, believe me, I know. Whenever I talk to my crush I have to be hyper focused in an attempt to pick up any subtle signs(likes me, bored, wants me to leave, etc.). I'm hoping it'll get easier once this phase is done, and we move onto friends or whatever, so I can just relaaaaaaax.

I should be easy if you get a relationship, I've only had one to go off but it was much easier after the initial dating part.