started walking on tiptoes then normal and today tiptoes?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Dgosling
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2011, 9:40 am

I have been walking normally for a few years now but today i found myself walking on tiptoes again :/
Has this happened to anyone else?

CinnamonGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2011, 10:00 am

I recently became aware that I have been doing a modified toe-walk pretty much my whole life without even knowing! You see, I used to LOVE to toewalk. I used to want to be a ballerina, and was convinced that's the way ballerinas walked around. But, I think I may have started hiding it once my brother started making fun of me and I became self conscious about it. My 17 month old son now toewalks quite regularly, and it's been since he started doing this that I've realized that whenever I walk around without shoes on, I put all of the weight on my toes/balls of my feet and walk like I'm tiptoeing around, but I just don't lift the back of my foot that high off the ground anymore.

My partner has also suggested the reason why I love wearing high heeled shoes is not because of the way they make my legs look, but more that it is a publicly acceptable way of me being comfortable...never would've thought about it like that, but I suppose it's possible. I find myself doing a lot more things that I have been hiding for many years because of my son's behaviour!

chris09
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2011, 10:13 am

I think I really only walk on my toes when I am bare foot or have on socks. I am notorious for this in the morning when I get out of bed. If I have on shoes I really don't toe walk, but people have pointed that I bounce when I walk with a weird gait.