Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

another_1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2011, 9:17 pm

Holy Crap!! !! 8O 8O 8O

I'm not going to post a link, because every vid of him gets deleted for copyright violations, but . . . hit youtube and look up "James Durbin Heavy Metal"

\M/ \M/ 8) 8)

Now, THAT had me headbanging (in a GOOD way)! :lol:

MichaelDWhite
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2011, 8:07 am

I finally got around to watching AI last week. When the interview with James came on I could immediately tell that he is the one with AS. It's just something in the way that he talks. I've met several guys in AS support groups who act a lot like him.

But the performance was amazing, totally unexpected. He is totally focused and composed on stage. I've heard that Aspies who can sing usually have perfect pitch and he proves it.

Even if he gets voted off, I could see him becoming a huge role model/spokesperson/advocate for people with AS.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 2:48 pm

He's awesome.

another_1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 3:39 pm

Wow. No wonder he doesn't feel intimidated by Jimmy on "Idol" - he's worked with fricking Alan Parsons! 8O

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igvibmi202k&NR=1[/youtube]

And, for anybody who says he can only do hard rock -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMX59QqYezU[/youtube]

Tokiodarling21
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2011, 11:09 pm

I'm mad as heck and I'm not gonna take it anymore!! :evil: :evil: WHY??? James Durbin got wrongfully eliminated tonight! Little Miss Can't Carry a tune in a bucket Haley should have went home instead of our boy Durbin! :x ARGH!! ! I HATE THESE SITUATIONS!! HE DIDN'T DESERVE TO GO!! If anything I call discrimination on this one. Perhaps, America will never be ready for an Aspie idol. Their loss but it's the fault of the haters and not Durbin himself.

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 5:21 pm

He just got out :( .

jcq126
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 May 2011, 5:22 pm

I was pretty sad that James went home, thought he would win the whole thing.

angelbear
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 10:16 am

I am disappointed as well. I think he is extremely talented, and I hope he will have a great career.

I am curious to know more about his AS. He didn't seem that Asperger's to me, but it was clear that he has Tourette's.

scorpion42
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Sep 2011, 1:25 pm

Good news, James Durbin has just been signed to a recording contract by Wind Up Recording (Creed, Evanescence, Seether....) and will have an album out as early as this November. http://www.durbinrock.com/

The producer for James' album is Howard Benson (Chris Daughtry, My Chemical Romance, P.O.D., / 3 Doors Down...) :D

angelbear
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 9:49 pm

This is so cool! I was just going to come on here and post a thread telling everyone that James Durbin got a record deal, but Scorpion already beat me to it. I am sooooooo proud of James! His voice is absolutely amazing. I have seen lots of interviews with him and his Tourette's is very obvious. His Aspergers is more subtle, but it is there. I think he is becoming a role model for lots of young kids and teens that are struggling with AS and TS. We should all support him and buy his album when it comes out! I love this guy!! !

angelbear
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2011, 9:52 pm

His Aspergers became more apparent while he was on tour with American Idol this summer. He has had lots of awkward moments on Twitter where he just says what comes to his mind without filtering it out. And his special interest is Wrestling. (and Music of course) He loves little Wrestling Action Figures. His catch phrase is "Different is the new Normal"

scorpion42
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2011, 4:19 pm

James Durbin is on the documentary:
"Different is the New Normal: Living a Life with Tourette's".
HOURGLASS FILMS PRESENTS
"Different is the New Normal: Living a Life with Tourette's"

Ariel Small grew up in suburban Chicago with four siblings and loving parents. However, as Ariel grew older, his parents noticed something different. His behavior became more and more alarming. "Different Is the New Normal" tracks trials and triumphs of Ariel Small, a 17-year-old who has struggled with uncontrollable tics caused by Tourette Syndrome – and others' intolerance throughout his life. The film reveals an acutely personal first-hand account of Tourette's through the eyes of Ariel Small. With his permission, his mother Robin turned the camera on him to document their emotional journey to overcome the obstacles of Tourette's in order to raise awareness about the disorder and help others living with the condition. Along the way, Ariel meets James Durbin, American Idol finalist, whose own battle with Tourette's make him realize that anything is possible.
PRODUCER/DIRECTOR/WRITER
John Block
PRODUCER/EDITOR/CINEMATOGRAPHER
Matt Wechsler
Premiering on Thursday, September 15 at 8:00 p.m. (ET) on THIRTEEN and Tuesday, September 27 at 10:30 p.m. (ET) on WLIW21.
Here is the trailer:
http://vimeo.com/28331357

KathySilverstein
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Sep 2011, 12:11 am

I am so glad he got a record deal! I really enjoyed watching him on American Idol.
He is a great singer, and it's nice to have a role model we can relate to up there in the public eye. I am curious what kinds of things he did on the summer tour that were Aspergerish? I hope he goes far, he is quite inspiring.

angelbear
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 8:25 pm

Mostly on the tour, it seemed that at times he was really missing his family alot who I think are a real support for him. Sometimes he did not come out to meet and greet fans, and some fans complained about it. He also seems to not have a filter for saying things about other artists without thinking about it. Some think he comes off as arrogant----that is just a few that come to mind..but overall, I think he has a huge fan base that love and support him. I can't wait to see this documentary "Different is the New Normal" I think he is going to have an amazing career!

scorpion42
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Sep 2011, 7:21 pm

James album is titled Memories Of A Beautiful Disaster and will be released on November 21st.

@DurbinRock Crazy James Durbin
And the name of The album is...MEMORIES OF A BEAUTIFUL DISASTER! Means looking back on events in my life, to see the beauty in the pain.
4 hours ago

@DurbinRock Crazy James Durbin
as soon as the album is available to pre-order on durbinrock.com we will have special packages that include merch!
2 hours ago

The album is now also available for pre-ordering on Amazon. An official single from the album should be comming soon.

In the mean time this summer James has recorded a fun song called Stand Up (that is not be part of his up-coming album) for the NFL- Official Gameday NFL Music Vol. 2 and is now available on ITunes. The Official Gameday Music also includes song by Jordin Spark (Americal Idol Winner Season 6) , Hinder, Darius Rucker and Sammy Haggar but songs can be purchased individually.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Kx7e5J2_c&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]