Should Attorney General Eric Holder Resign?

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 3:05 pm

simon_says wrote:
The Washington Times, the "newspaper" of the unification church (moonie cult). They always have something crazy to say. But they are soon going to be online only due to low subscriptions.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU[/youtube]

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 58430.html

A former Justice Department attorney who quit his job to protest the Obama administration's handling of the New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case is accusing Attorney General Eric Holder of dropping the charges for racially motivated reasons.

J. Christian Adams, now an attorney in Virginia and a conservative blogger for Pajamas Media, says he and the other Justice Department lawyers working on the case were ordered to dismiss it.

"I mean we were told, 'Drop the charges against the New Black Panther Party,'" Adams told Fox News, adding that political appointees Loretta King, acting head of the civil rights division, and Steve Rosenbaum, an attorney with the division since 2003, ordered the dismissal.

Asked about the Justice Department's claim that they are career attorneys, not political appointees, Adams said "obviously, that's false."

"Under the vacancy reform act, they were serving in a political capacity," he said. "This is one of the examples of Congress not being told the truth, the American people not being told the truth about this case. It's one of the other examples in this case where the truth simply is becoming another victim of the process."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06 ... political/

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 3:21 pm

Holder should be held accountable and the "New Black Panthers" are a joke and an insult to the vision that Huey Newton had in mind when he founded and started the group. The "New Black Panthers" are more like a caricature that resembles the COINTELPRO disinformation about the original group than any of the idealism or practices of the original group. The original group was something more akin to something the Republicans and Libertarians would respect in that they worked to get ambulance services, food services, and other such necessities to the poor areas in the cities where they felt they were being ignored because they were black. The Panther movement did have a militant streak but the original goal of that militancy was to inspire discipline as to be able to serve the communities. This new group is a joke and an insult to Huey Newton's legacy.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 3:27 pm

Also, to be fair to the original Black Panthers, I seem to recall some of the original Black Panthers calling the New Black Panthers an insult to the name or something to that effect.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 3:30 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Also, to be fair to the original Black Panthers, I seem to recall some of the original Black Panthers calling the New Black Panthers an insult to the name or something to that effect.

They very much have and this was a few years before the election. The group obviously hasn't changed and still is more thuggish than legitimate community service.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 3:33 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

They very much have and this was a few years before the election. The group obviously hasn't changed and still is more thuggish than legitimate community service.

I think this pretty much means that Holder should resign, if we are both agreeing on something, which is pretty unusual.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 3:49 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I think this pretty much means that Holder should resign, if we are both agreeing on something, which is pretty unusual.

Eh, I don't trust Obama and his administration but for (seemingly) very different reasons than you. If there's a legitimate case against the NBP and there's evidence enough to pursue it and he refuses, I'd certainly call that into question and he should be held responsible for it.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 3:55 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Eh, I don't trust Obama and his administration but for (seemingly) very different reasons than you. If there's a legitimate case against the NBP and there's evidence enough to pursue it and he refuses, I'd certainly call that into question and he should be held responsible for it.

I honestly think if McCain had been elected we wouldn't be in half as bad of a mess as we are now.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 4:01 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I honestly think if McCain had been elected we wouldn't be in half as bad of a mess as we are now.

I don't see it as a singular badness. I think it would have been as bad but in a different way. With his rhetoric we most likely would have been increasing military spending while still cutting taxes.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 4:02 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I don't see it as a singular badness. I think it would have been as bad but in a different way. With his rhetoric we most likely would have been increasing military spending while still cutting taxes.

That wouldn't exactly be a bad thing, as long as the military hardware is made in the United States, also McCain would have known what areas to cut spending in the military to offset costs.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 4:09 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

That wouldn't exactly be a bad thing, as long as the military hardware is made in the United States, also McCain would have known what areas to cut spending in the military to offset costs.

I have serious doubts about the cuts just as I had serious doubts about Obama's promises with regards to the wars and to gitmo. To be honest, if it was the McCain of 2000 before Karl Rove stomped in his morality with one of the dirtiest tricks to hurt his race, I might have trusted him more but at this point, he seems like an idealogical lapdog rather than someone who says things he actually believes.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 4:14 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Actually, I was saying McCain would know where to cut because he was in military procurement before he went into Government.

I have serious doubts about the cuts just as I had serious doubts about Obama's promises with regards to the wars and to gitmo. To be honest, if it was the McCain of 2000 before Karl Rove stomped in his morality with one of the dirtiest tricks to hurt his race, I might have trusted him more but at this point, he seems like an idealogical lapdog rather than someone who says things he actually believes.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 5:06 pm

Inuyasha wrote:

No he wouldn't have. McCain wasn't ever some military or managerial genius. He graduated in the bottom 1% of his class, and he wouldn't even have done that if not for family connections.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 6:18 pm

Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

No he wouldn't have. McCain wasn't ever some military or managerial genius. He graduated in the bottom 1% of his class, and he wouldn't even have done that if not for family connections.

That explains how he managed to get flight status again after people told him there was no way he could after he got home from Vietnam.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 6:22 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

That explains how he managed to get flight status again after people told him there was no way he could after he got home from Vietnam.

Yeah, I guess family connections would explain that

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 7:08 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

He got it back through grueling physical therapy that was extremely painful so he could sit in a cockpit and fly a fighter aircraft again. Family connections explain that my foot.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 7:19 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

He got it back through grueling physical therapy that was extremely painful so he could sit in a cockpit and fly a fighter aircraft again. Family connections explain that my foot.

I wasn't aware you were making that inference, perhaps you should have said that in the beginning. I admire John McCain's war service greatly.