Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Are you easily overwhelmed by school work?
Extremely 50%  50%  [ 12 ]
Yeah 33%  33%  [ 8 ]
I'm about average 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
No, I'm not 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Not even a little bit! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 24

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 8:22 pm

If the teacher that she or he will give a lot of homework at the beginning of the course, I will be scared to go to the class. If the teacher doesn't say anything about homework and gives a lot, I won't do the homework at all. What I mean by this is, if a teacher only gives one page of homework a night, I will probably do all of it, whereas if a teacher gave 10 pages of homework a night, I would probably not do it. I'm just really easily overwhelmed.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 8:26 pm

I do pretty much the exact thing you do, even though I realize that not going to class or not doing my homework creates more of a problem. It's like I get some weird fear and I just can't do it. I'm not sure if it's a perfectionism thing or not.

riverspark
Toucan
Toucan

05 Mar 2011, 2:17 pm

While I do manage to turn in all assignments on time, it's extremely exhausting. It is incredibly difficult to manage my time when I never know when I'm going to lose 2-3 hours of any given day due to meltdowns, shutdowns, or doing what I need to do to keep either from happening. I am taking just two 4-credit-hour classes this semester, I am absolutely WIPED OUT, and the term isn't even half over yet. :(

john93
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Mar 2011, 5:07 pm

My problem is I didn't feel the need to do homework my first 5 years and now I'm struggling to class I am not used to it so I keep doing more useful stuff but not for my exams :/ Especially if it is too much,.

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 7:52 pm

Having lots of homework doesn't bother me if it's easy or doable. If it's an assignment that I really hate, dread, or struggle with, I not only have problems with the assignment or class, but also with school in general. Being overwhelmed for other reasons makes it difficult for me to do schoolwork, too.

This is why I'm glad I'm in college. I have more papers and exams, but not nearly as much day-to-day homework to deal with.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 8:55 pm

How easily is easily?

What is average?

I could be overwhelmed in school and even now can be overwhelmed. Too complex to quantify frequency and intensity.

ASPiXiE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Mar 2011, 9:43 pm

I'm exactly the same. The more I know I have to do, the less of it I end up being able to do =\

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 10:54 pm

Philologos wrote:
How easily is easily?

What is average?

I could be overwhelmed in school and even now can be overwhelmed. Too complex to quantify frequency and intensity.

Don't know, I've just been told that I am extremely easily overwhelmed.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic