CoalBogey wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy_fmSC-Kqc[/youtube]

"thumbs up"

I like Pavement. My favourite song is "In the Mouth a Desert"

el_salvador
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Mar 2011, 7:38 pm

I always related to this one that appeared on Aussie TV show Good News Week.

WARNING: Offensive Language

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8axFio1gEQ&feature=related[/youtube]

Einschmidt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2011, 1:10 pm

jamieboy wrote:
Einschmidt wrote:
can't think of anymore for some reason but does anyone agree with the ones I said?

Yes, especially the Smiths. I identify with a lot of Morrissey's lyrics about isolation and social dysfunction.

a couple lines that really make me think of it are:

"I am the son and the heir of a shyness.." asperegers is genetic right so it makes even more sense also

"there's a club if you want to go, you could meet somebody who really loves you. So you go and you stand on your own and you leave on your own and you go home and you cry and you want to die" self explanitory I think :(

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 2:02 pm

Einschmidt wrote:
jamieboy wrote:
Einschmidt wrote:
can't think of anymore for some reason but does anyone agree with the ones I said?

Yes, especially the Smiths. I identify with a lot of Morrissey's lyrics about isolation and social dysfunction.

a couple lines that really make me think of it are:

"I am the son and the heir of a shyness.." asperegers is genetic right so it makes even more sense also

"there's a club if you want to go, you could meet somebody who really loves you. So you go and you stand on your own and you leave on your own and you go home and you cry and you want to die" self explanitory I think :(

I've been in the situation at a club about ten times.

There are loads that i identify with. The entire lyric to "Ask" springs immediately to mind but especially the line" Nature is a language can't you read?". I'm pretty much convinced Morrissey is an undiagnosed aspie.

CoalBogey
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 2:36 pm

yeah practically every Smiths song could be posted here. :) I only listen to them when I'm feeling down (which means I listened to them ad nauseum when I was 17), my favourite of theirs is Well I Wonder.

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 2:44 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z2_wdEel_A[/youtube]

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 2:52 pm

I doubt this song is actually about aspergers but I can certianly relate:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jdAwXV7eVM[/youtube]

blank_page
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2011, 9:05 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C70QRbawN8[/youtube]

iHateCamera
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Mar 2011, 1:40 pm

I agree with everything about The Smiths, so many of their songs seem to be about my life. :3

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 3:25 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg[/youtube]

The lyric to this seems as though it's autobiographical. If that's the case then it is literally about an Aspie.

iHateCamera
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Mar 2011, 3:45 pm

jamieboy wrote:
~video~

The lyric to this seems as though it's autobiographical. If that's the case then it is literally about an Aspie.

Ladyhawke does have AS, she has said it in a few interviews.. I love her/her music, I'd forgotten about it until I saw this.

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 3:57 pm

iHateCamera wrote:
jamieboy wrote:
~video~

Ladyhawke does have AS, she has said it in a few interviews.. I love her/her music, I'd forgotten about it until I saw this.

Oh guess what! Some aspie guy told me that it's a fact that David Byrne from Talking Heads is a diagnosed Aspie. That really cheered me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU[/youtube]

I also know of Courtney Love, Craig Nichols and Gary Numan who are definitely diagnosed.

iHateCamera
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Mar 2011, 4:24 pm

jamieboy wrote:
I also know of Courtney Love, Craig Nichols and Gary Numan who are definitely diagnosed.

I know about Craig and Gary Numan, (in fact to stay on topic I think that 'Are Friends Electric' is definitely inspired by AS) but how do you know about Courtney Love? Like, how are you sure she is diagnosed? I think she's amazing but I kind of put her weirdness down to the drugs and just generally being crazy-in-a-good-way..

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 4:31 pm

iHateCamera wrote:
jamieboy wrote:

I know about Craig and Gary Numan, (in fact to stay on topic I think that 'Are Friends Electric' is definitely inspired by AS) but how do you know about Courtney Love? Like, how are you sure she is diagnosed? I think she's amazing but I kind of put her weirdness down to the drugs and just generally being crazy-in-a-good-way..

It's in a biography of her by Poppy Z Brite. It mentions that some psychologist friend of her mothers diagnosed her as Autistic when she was younger. She was treated f*****g abysmally by her mum and dad and locked in barns and stuff. Her young childhood reminded me of the childhood of Donna Williams actually. Her parents couldn't relate to her so they isolated and abused her.

voyage-one
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Mar 2011, 12:27 am

"She's Lost Control" by Joy Division

NatureFantasy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2011, 10:06 pm

Undiscovered by James Morrison
Solitary Shell by Dream Theater
We're All Mad by Natasha Bedingfield