:lmao:
Very nice

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2011, 11:28 pm

How does that saying go?
If you want peace prepare for war?

I doubt you'd ever understand, though.............
:roll:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2011, 11:31 pm

i would choose being a dove over a hawk any time, though i wouldn't expect any right-wing warmonger to understand that in several lifetimes. :roll:

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2011, 11:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i would choose being a dove over a hawk any time, though i wouldn't expect any right-wing warmonger to understand that in several lifetimes. :roll:

Better a live turkey than a dead chicken. Sorry, but the US is not the source of all evil, despite what liberals would like to believe.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2011, 11:45 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Better a live turkey than a dead chicken. Sorry, but the US is not the source of all evil, despite what liberals would like to believe.

you go ahead and keep living in your macho world, i want no part of it.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 1:25 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

you go ahead and keep living in your macho world, i want no part of it.

Actually, I live in something called reality, how about you go back your world filled with pink unicorns and purple dinosaurs.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 1:27 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I rather enjoy being a hawk or even better yet an eagle. But, I do not know how much longer we can afford doing that.

ruveyn

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 9:22 pm

auntblabby wrote:

As a right wing war monger I'm glad I don't understand.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 9:29 pm

Raptor wrote:
How does that saying go?
If you want peace prepare for war?

I doubt you'd ever understand, though.............
:roll:

That is an important lesson to learn. However maintaining a huge standing army, an overblown military industrial complex, is something that has been warned of by many, including some of the founding fathers of America. If you build a great army, you are going to use it, and naturally, always in the pretense of 'self-defense'

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 3:38 am

Vigilans wrote:
maintaining a huge standing army, an overblown military industrial complex, is something that has been warned of by many, including some of the founding fathers of America. If you build a great army, you are going to use it, and naturally, always in the pretense of 'self-defense'

i am sure that if you ask a bully why s/he bullies, s/he will say "it is strictly in self-defense."

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 12:51 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
maintaining a huge standing army, an overblown military industrial complex, is something that has been warned of by many, including some of the founding fathers of America. If you build a great army, you are going to use it, and naturally, always in the pretense of 'self-defense'

i am sure that if you ask a bully why s/he bullies, s/he will say "it is strictly in self-defense."

Pacificism only works when all sides are willing to use words instead of force. There are evil people in the world auntblabby and disarming ourselves just enables them to attack us or other people.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 4:12 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Pacificism only works when all sides are willing to use words instead of force. There are evil people in the world auntblabby and disarming ourselves just enables them to attack us or other people.

No pacifism works as long as you are willing to isolate yourself from events that would lead directly to a fight, combine this with learning how to fight(this would include fighting 'dirty') and keeping yourself in shape and pacifism is the perfect way to keep peace while maintaining your own safety. Evil people are too lazy to go after the strong, and our only obligation as a nation is to protect our states, the only fight I can see as justified in us taking on is if a war broke out on our continent.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2011, 6:55 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Exactly. You can't reason with someone if they don't even want the same thing you do.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 3:39 am

if my experience in the mean green machine taught me anything, it is that there is tremendous waste of taxpayer dollars going on, in the name of the echelons beyond reality/military/congressional/industrial complex hogging the lions' share of the gigabucks while the ground pounders down low had to scrimp on the skimpy remainder that "trickled down" from on high. the medical unit i worked in, wasted so much money that they [claimed they] couldn't afford to keep the mess hall going full-bore more than 3 days a week- it was sack lunches and beans/franks much of the time. but the officer's private mess always was open and always white-glove- RHP my patootie- what's sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander as well. at the same time, the o-mess by itself threw out the equivalent of 100 meals a day- not allowing the employees to eat the leftovers but making them throw it all in the trash- an obscene waste. i saw waste in basic training as well, in terms of perfectly good food thrown in the trash right in front of us, while they made us starve- this happened on bivouac.

anybody who says our military isn't wasteful [or is an apologist for said waste] is just wearing partisan blinders. just one thing that every other western nation has done, would have saved hundreds of billions by now- unification of the services- just look at the example of our great white neighbor to the north for an example of this. no other western nation's military is so top-heavy with brass, as our nation. we have too many duplicate chiefs and not enough indians [so to speak], and at the same time we are too lax in our military admission standards which means that unnecessary $$$$$$$ is wasted in training insufficiently apt troops [with myriad physical/mental/psychological deficits eventually rendering them unfit for service] only to have to discharge them 6 months later. when i was in, fully a third of my basic training class was chaptered-out, either in basic or in AIT. by any standard, i myself should never have been admitted for service- but that's another story.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 6:29 pm

I never said the military doesn't waste money, it just isn't as bad at managing money as other government agencies.