Page 4 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 9:58 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Quote:
“no, YOU give aspies the reputation of being cold-hearted bastards. you wear cruelty as a prideful badge of honor. you look in your mirror and see a born prince, while your victims see an ordinary thug. you believe everybody else should aspire to be more like yourself, just like the other right-wingers you look-up-to. rush's book "the way things ought to be" is probably your bible. the fact that you keep assaulting me only proves my point that you are the one doing the bullying here.

Lots and lots of ignorant assumptions and stereotyping made here but then again it’s from you so it can only be taken as a compliment.

Quote:
you have offered NOT ONE salient point regarding this thread, only feces-throwing suits you

The thread that you started with that childish cartoon does nothing to inspire anything other than ridicule. My first few replies to it gave it more dignity than it (or you) deserve.

Quote:
regardless, you are an anachronism, you belong in primitive times when people clobbered each other wish fists and whatever else was handy. but in today's world you are like a caveman among the civilized

If being a candyass is what passes for civilized I’ll stay in my caveman suit.

Quote:
why can't you can't be constructive, instead of mugging people?

People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You certainly aren’t constructive. Posting drivel isn’t constructive to anything. To date you’ve posted 7951 times in 13 months and if I had the time to look at them I’d place a bet that nearly all of those posts were space wasting swill. Something to laugh at and ridicule at best.

So now I’m a mugger, too. Shame on me! :lol:

Quote:
i suppose that is just too much to expect from you. it is plain that you just aren't equipped to say anything useful, you would rather persist in your high school glory days of bashing people weaker than yourself. you disgust me.

Not very much glory in highschool for me but at least I wasn’t a professional bully victim that you pretty much admitted to in another thread a few days back. If being able to take care of myself made me a bully in your eyes then so be it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 10:09 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Get off your high horse, and treat others as you wish to be treated. If you think people are so ignorant, then how about setting an example for em by being civil right off the bat rather than jsuyt conveintenly calling for civility after you get your panmties in abunch? OMG all the bullies and meanies are out to hijack my thread! I can dish out all the personal attacks I want to, but when they're directed wtowrads me, poor little me is being bullied!

you have perceptual issues that i am unequipped to help you with. you insult me, but when i call you out on it, you cry just like the kid i clobbered [back in school] when he kept hitting me. you just want to keep hitting people until they pound you, and even then you can't understand that your right to swing your fist ends just shy of my nose.

AceOfSpades wrote:
Anyways, 'm just gonna cut to the chase since I',m done with that crap now. What else do you believe is wasteful other than throwing leftover food in thj trash and loose admission stnadrads? If you wanna talk abou weapons, the states shoyuld reduce their nuclear arsenal but defundingh everything else is detrimiental. Defunding precision guided bombs for example would mean the miltiary would have to use less expensive one whcih are less areodynamicm, less accurate, and have shorter ranges. This would lead to more potiential for colleteral damage.

sheesh, calm down. your "speech" above, is redolent with rage. but FINALLY you say something constructive! :) thank you for actually posting YOUR reasons you feel the military spending status-quo should be maintained. not everybody will agree with you, but that should not matter to you. now TELL ME, what do you THINK about my suggestions for economies of scale by consolidating duplicate services via unification?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 10:45 pm

Raptor wrote:
The thread that you started with that childish cartoon does nothing to inspire anything other than ridicule. My first few replies to it gave it more dignity than it (or you) deserve.

your stiff-arm tactics are the ridiculous thing here. something you categorically dismiss brings out the rage in you. only narrow minds wearing blinders refuse to discuss things they disagree with. if you weren't furious at me you would not bother to reply. me thinks thou doth protest too much. if you don't like what i post, then change the channel. i hear there are new browsers that will let you filter me out. but do not try to censor me otherwise. i find your posted drivel just as obnoxious as you find my posted drivel. your [stuff] stinks just as bad as mine.

Raptor wrote:
If being a candyass is what passes for civilized I’ll stay in my caveman suit.

"suit" yourself then :roll:

Raptor wrote:
People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You certainly aren’t constructive. Posting drivel isn’t constructive to anything. To date you’ve posted 7951 times in 13 months and if I had the time to look at them I’d place a bet that nearly all of those posts were space wasting swill. Something to laugh at and ridicule at best.

and your drivel is perfect, eh? :roll: the difference between me and you, is i realize i'm imperfect. but at least i don't bully people, nor would i take satanic pride in bullying people as you do. one can either bring some heaven into this hellworld, or add yet more hell to it. i know which side you are on. you are about self-agrandizement at best, spreading bad feeling at worst. the fact that you just vomit your bile means you have nothing constructive to say, only destructive things are good enough for you.

Raptor wrote:
Not very much glory in highschool for me but at least I wasn’t a professional bully victim that you pretty much admitted to in another thread a few days back.

you either have perceptual problems, or you are just bearing false witness- i'd say it is both. you say black is white and vice-versa to suit your purposes. calling one of your victims a "professional bully victim" is an obscenity. you enjoy being a thug, don't you? you consider me to be a simpleton but i would embrace that if the alternative is to be a thug. i won't play dead, so you are just going to have to take the trouble to kill me, and i would not put that past you. if you knew what basic civility was, you'd just go to some other thread instead of hijacking this one, but that is too much to expect from you. :roll: you are so impressed with yourself and your own amazing brain power. but there will always be those greater than even you. :roll: but you would not recognize such because "mediocrity only understands itself, and never anything greater."

you cannot contribute anything positive to this thread because you have not an original thought in your head, just parroted right-wing talking points. you refuse to discuss how unification of the american forces is a possible money-saver. you refuse to entertain anything which would challenge your beloved status-quo. what are you afraid of? you can't catch any germs from me. if you had any grace you would ignore my scarily gay exterior :roll: and just talk to me like a decent chap instead of shoving me into my locker as you have been doing. but you lack any comprehension of the concept. you are stuck in oppositional defiance mode, and i cannot help you become unstuck. you will have to do that for yourself, when you are ready.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 12:30 am

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
facts go in your head through 1 ear and out the other ear.

better that, that to be blindly parroting the right-wing hatespeech as you have been doing. the fact that you refuse to say anything constructive speaks volumes about your youthful smart-alec-ness. you are full of your own wisdom, and if somebody should mention to you that the truly wise man realizes there is much more that he doesn't know, you would just return a blank stare. you are just wasting electrons and my time.

You just proved my point, in one ear and out the other. I have countered your points with historical precidence and common sense. You respond by engaging in demonizing and hysterics.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
We could cut all spending except the stuff for entitlements right now, and we would still be deficit spending. The problem is entitlements, not our military. Furthermore, it states in the United States Constitution that National Defense is a responsibility of the Federal Government. In other words, military!! !!

that is only an opinion, which is no better than any other. that and $2.50 will buy a case of generic cola. only the generic cola is far more agreeble to my system than your regurtitated bile. it doesn't change the fact that the contention is over guns versus butter. your insistance on more guns is robbing people of their butter.

Sorry, but what I stated was not an opinion, it was fact, the projected revenue for the Federal Government is less than the amount being used for entitlement spending this year on its own.

We have now gotten to the point — as I noted yesterday — where if national defense, interstate highways, national parks, homeland security, and all other discretionary programs somehow became absolutely free, we’d still have a budget deficit. The White House Office of Management and Budget projects that in the current fiscal year (2011), mandatory spending alone will exceed all federal receipts. So even if we didn’t spend a single cent on discretionary programs, we still wouldn’t be able to balance our budget this year — let alone pay off any of the $14 trillion in debt that we have already accumulated.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/man ... 54659.html

Now seriously can it about the butter analogy, it is disingenious, and nothing more than a strawman. Btw, Butter is not considered vital to survive.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Obama ran a Deficit this last month that was larger that the deficit spending for the entire year of 2007!

in this case he is merely standing on the shoulders of shrub. i won't have what you're having

Today we found out that Obama’s February Deficit topped Bush’s Deficit for all of 2007. Barack Obama tripled the national Deficit in his first year in office.
http://politifi.com/news/Fail-Obama-Pos ... 04677.html

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Theoretically, I can go out and kill a deer for food with a gun which would be a better from a nutritional standpoint than butter.

a non-sequitur. anything other than actually having a civil discussion on the merits of unlimited military expenditures and permanent war. you will outlive me, unless god in his mercy cuts his failed earth experiment short and calls all spirits home. when you kill me by engendering in me stresses leading to fatal cancer or infarction, you will have to find a new victim, in anycase.

Whatever, this isn't a soap opera where: someone dies, no they didn't its the clone of their cousin whom is also their identical twin that actually died. That's what you sound like right now.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Get this through your head, we can not afford to have everyone kick back and not work. A situation where over 50% of the country is not paying Federal Taxes and 33% is on welfare is unsustainable.

self-impressed young whippersnapper, i have worked more than you have, by decades. you look down on me as a slacker when you yourself have barely any work history to speak-of. those who live in glass houses... you want work, so why don't YOU join the military?

I am nearsighted, have bad ankles, bad knees, and am on a prescription medication for ADHD, I seriously doubt they'd take me.

auntblabby wrote:
lord knows you'd be at least as suitable for it as i would have been if i had your brain. why do you insist that the working class doesn't do work? the real workers of this nation are the ones serving you in restaurants and cleaning your toilets and looking after your children, and instead of thanking them you diss them for being "slackers." what makes you so special to look down your nose at people?

I don't have kids currently, I'd like to have kids some day, but I don't want to bring children into the world when it is going to hell in a handbasket. For the record my dad used to be in the Restaurant business, so stop trying to engage in smear campaigns.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
As Naruto would say: "Give up on me giving up!" (anime reference)

i'd rather you GREW up :lol: sufficient to learn that you are just another imperfect human, just like the rest of us, and no better.

I have a good memory and the quote was relevant to the conversation.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
I have been more of the pointed responses where you have just been engaging in hysterics.

your response proves my point that you are the one hurling the invective. your "pointed responses" have been sharp jabs with the stick of your mind, designed to draw blood, instead of encouraging dialogue. you are only interested in repeating your faux news talking points, instead of venturing beyond them. to quote one of your right-wing heroes [dan quayle], "it is a terrible thing to waste one's mind" - to which i'd add, "waste is a terrible thing to mind."

Suggestion, stop being so thin-skinned. I've been called a lot worse by liberals on other forums routinely, quite frankly you haven't seen me lose my cool and engage in actually going for making disparaging remarks.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
There is sometimes instances where things are black and white, right and wrong.

right- "rah rah, my country right or right," and all that other jingoism. no shades of gray for you. :roll:

You missed the point, or do you think it is okay for people to fly planes into buildings that are full of innocent people.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Sorry, but while I know I can be partisan your partisanship is such that you make me look like a Vulcan.

but i am the one with the big ears.

Yeah like a Ferengi.

auntblabby wrote:
i am partisan only to the point that i got sick and tired of right-wing bullies such as yourself, taking my lunch money all the time.

Actually, those kind of bullies are apolitical. I'm not particularly surprised that you think conservatives are the source of all evil it is in your highly partisan nature afterall.

auntblabby wrote:
the enemy of my enemy is my friend. you decided to be my enemy, not me.

I never decided to be your enemy, you sound like Obama calling fellow Americans the enemy because they disagree with you.

In my Opinion here is what you are saying: We have to be nice to Terrorists, but the evil right wingers are the enemy.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Sorry, you can't handle the fact Fox News is killing your idols at MSNBC when it comes to ratings.

that is insipid. i don't watch cable tv in the first place, aside from the fact that i have blocked out clusterfaux from my tv. i just find their hate for people like me, to be obnoxious.

If you don't watch cable TV, I don't think you would have been able to watch Fox cause it is a CABLE Channel. That said, I think you are being disingenious, you must be really upset that your idol Keith Olbermann is gone from MSNBC.

auntblabby wrote:
you hate people disimilar to yourself, but when your hate is returned you behave like the kid who murders his parents and then cries "ORPHAN!" you certainly have your nerve.

Sorry but giving into one's hatred seems to be a leftist theme of late.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/tvshow ... evolution/

Hopefully it connects to the right video, but it really puts some stuff in an interesting perspective.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 12:27 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
I have countered your points with historical precidence and common sense. You respond by engaging in demonizing and hysterics.

IOW you say "this is the way we've always done it, i see nothing wrong with maintaining the status quo forever." and "common sense" is just the body of accumulated ignorance that governs the decision-making of people who have not spiritually grown since high school. common sense is merely the beginning of wisdom, not the be-all-and-end-all.

Inuyasha wrote:
Sorry, but what I stated was not an opinion, it was fact, the projected revenue for the Federal Government is less than the amount being used for entitlement spending this year on its own.

so you believe there is not one cent which could be pared from the [roughly] 700+ billion defence budget? even gates says there is waste that could be trimmed. if shrub hadn't have irresponsibly cut taxes on the rich while at the same time made that moneypit called "the department of homeland security" we would not be in this same kind of mess as we are in now. if the watchdogs [during shrub's watch] had done their job in policing wall street, this particular economic wreck would not have happened. the budget surplus under clinton was deliberately transformed into a budget disaster under shrub, for the purpose of "starving the beast" according to one of your heroes, grover norquist. if social security were ran like the social insurance departments of the lions' share of other western nations, [means-testing, broader funding] it would be doing fine. but the tea partiers are saying "hands off my social security" while the repubs just laugh up their sleeves at the dem's predicament, offering no actual useful alternatives of their own, just riding along with the tea partier's mob on wheels.

Inuyasha wrote:
Now seriously can it about the butter analogy, it is disingenious, and nothing more than a strawman. Btw, Butter is not considered vital to survive.

tell that to people struggling to survive on the margins. when you are old and poor i am going to laugh my ass off at your failed youthful arrogance. proverbs 17:5 says "whoever mocks the poor shows contempt for their maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished." you are a lot braver than me, to be mocking god's creation.

Inuyasha wrote:
Whatever, this isn't a soap opera where: someone dies, no they didn't its the clone of their cousin whom is also their identical twin that actually died. That's what you sound like right now.

whatever.

Inuyasha wrote:
I don't have kids currently, I'd like to have kids some day, but I don't want to bring children into the world when it is going to hell in a handbasket. For the record my dad used to be in the Restaurant business, so stop trying to engage in smear campaigns.

not to dismiss your father's efforts, but that has nothing to do with your bad attitude towards those you consider inferior to you.

Inuyasha wrote:
Suggestion, stop being so thin-skinned. I've been called a lot worse by liberals on other forums routinely, quite frankly you haven't seen me lose my cool and engage in actually going for making disparaging remarks.

how is saying baldly that i have the hots for rush limburger NOT a disparaging remark? if i said you had the hots for that ugly freak ann coulter you would take umbrage for sure.

Inuyasha wrote:
You missed the point, or do you think it is okay for people to fly planes into buildings that are full of innocent people.

a non-sequitur, again. the topic is military overspending/overreach, and nothing else.

Inuyasha wrote:
Yeah like a Ferengi.

even a clueless sci-fi nonfan like me understands that statement indicates your imputing bad ethics on my part. why do you look at the speck of sawdust in my eye but pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

Inuyasha wrote:
Actually, those kind of bullies are apolitical.

only until they are old enough to vote. i worked around those types for decades, i have seen the damage they do, interpersonally as well as at the ballot box. i have never met a democratic bully.

Inuyasha wrote:
I'm not particularly surprised that you think conservatives are the source of all evil it is in your highly partisan nature afterall.

and you are NOT highly partisan? :roll: one again, "east is east, west is west and never the twain shall meet." you live your life in the best way you know how, and so do i. may your way work well for you. it certainly would not work for me, and perhaps vice-versa.

Inuyasha wrote:
I never decided to be your enemy, you sound like Obama calling fellow Americans the enemy because they disagree with you.

coulda fooled me about not deciding to be my enemy. a friend would not say the things you say to people who have done you absolutely no harm to speak-of.

Inuyasha wrote:
In my Opinion here is what you are saying: We have to be nice to Terrorists, but the evil right wingers are the enemy.

no, YOU said it. you are correct that i believe right wingers are evil, and that they are the enemies of those disimilar to themselves, via punitive social and governmental regimes they would impose on anybody outside of their group. but i never said i supported the terrorists. so stop putting words in my mouth. besides, terrorism is its own topic and is not germaine to the discussion of the status-quo of our military spending and usage. why can't you stick to the topic at hand?

Inuyasha wrote:
If you don't watch cable TV, I don't think you would have been able to watch Fox cause it is a CABLE Channel. That said, I think you are being disingenious, you must be really upset that your idol Keith Olbermann is gone from MSNBC.

i have seen enough of it to know that i find it to be obnoxiously mean-spirited and not condusive to a spirit of national dialogue. a televised version of u.s. news and world report would be better, or at least grayer and calmer. and whatever keith's real motivation, at least he was speaking my concerns. the enemy of my enemy is my friend. i take friends wherever i may find them.

Inuyasha wrote:

and nothing rush or ann coulter says is hateful or disrespectful of anybody else? :roll: "i don't hate you," says the mugger beating me up for my lunch money. :roll:

Inuyasha wrote:
Hopefully it connects to the right video, but it really puts some stuff in an interesting perspective.

i don't mean to disrespect one whose opinions you value, but all he said was basically "stick with american traditional morality - don't be progressive like europeans."

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 12:29 pm

Inuyasha wrote:

auntblabby wrote:
tell that to people struggling to survive on the margins.

You should have said 'margarine' not margins!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 12:39 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

auntblabby wrote:

you're right. damn it :x
i'm less clever than a bucket of transfats. :oops:

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 1:38 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

auntblabby wrote:

you're right. damn it :x
i'm less clever than a bucket of transfats. :oops:

Don't worry, I'll let it slide this time :lol:

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 2:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
I have countered your points with historical precidence and common sense. You respond by engaging in demonizing and hysterics.

IOW you say "this is the way we've always done it, i see nothing wrong with maintaining the status quo forever." and "common sense" is just the body of accumulated ignorance that governs the decision-making of people who have not spiritually grown since high school. common sense is merely the beginning of wisdom, not the be-all-and-end-all.

There is a difference between idealism and being suicidal, I will not join you in a suicide pact.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

so you believe there is not one cent which could be pared from the [roughly] 700+ billion defence budget? even gates says there is waste that could be trimmed.

There may be waste, but quite frankly I don't trust this current administration or as Rush aptly calls it "the regime," screwing with our National Defense. I would like someone like John McCain going through what is being spent on what whom actually cares about our people in uniform.

auntblabby wrote:
if shrub hadn't have irresponsibly cut taxes on the rich while at the same time made that moneypit called "the department of homeland security" we would not be in this same kind of mess as we are in now.

The economy was going south after Enron and the attack on 9/11, Bush cut taxes and got the economy going again. Homeland security was put in place so our various parts of law enforcement would actually talk with each other.

auntblabby wrote:
if the watchdogs [during shrub's watch] had done their job in policing wall street, this particular economic wreck would not have happened.

Clinton signed into law the deregulation of Fannie and Freddie, which helped ensure the housing bubble. Bush actually tried to fix the problem all the way back in 2003, but was stonewalled by Democrats including Barnie Frank. Seriously, the only thing Bush can be blamed for on this point is that he didn't take to the bully pulpit and lay out in detail to the American public the situation.

auntblabby wrote:
the budget surplus under clinton was deliberately transformed into a budget disaster under shrub, for the purpose of "starving the beast" according to one of your heroes, grover norquist.

9/11 happened, stop trying to blame Bush for everything you are looking like you're just simply deranged.

auntblabby wrote:
if social security were ran like the social insurance departments of the lions' share of other western nations, [means-testing, broader funding] it would be doing fine.

Both political parties are responsible for screwing up Social Security long before Bush even took office.

auntblabby wrote:
but the tea partiers are saying "hands off my social security" while the repubs just laugh up their sleeves at the dem's predicament, offering no actual useful alternatives of their own, just riding along with the tea partier's mob on wheels.

Actually, Paul Ryan I believe has offered up some solutions, Republicans are actually just worried that Democrats will just demonize them if they offer up any meaningful reforms.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

tell that to people struggling to survive on the margins. when you are old and poor i am going to laugh my ass off at your failed youthful arrogance. proverbs 17:5 says "whoever mocks the poor shows contempt for their maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished." you are a lot braver than me, to be mocking god's creation.

I am not mocking the poor, I'm trying to point out to you just how wrong you are on this issue.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

whatever.

Wow in one ear and out the other.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

not to dismiss your father's efforts, but that has nothing to do with your bad attitude towards those you consider inferior to you.

I don't consider people that work in the Restaurant business to be inferior to me. They're people that hold a job.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

how is saying baldly that i have the hots for rush limburger NOT a disparaging remark? if i said you had the hots for that ugly freak ann coulter you would take umbrage for sure.

I would just laugh it off and go on my way.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

a non-sequitur, again. the topic is military overspending/overreach, and nothing else.

No, it is not a non-sequitur.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Yeah like a Ferengi.

even a clueless sci-fi nonfan like me understands that statement indicates your imputing bad ethics on my part. why do you look at the speck of sawdust in my eye but pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

You were trying to paint yourself as the objective individual which quite frankly is disingenious on your part. You said you had the big ears like a Vulcan, so I just though of the first Star Trek reference that fit with big ears and thought of Ferengi, would you rather me call you a Romulan.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Actually, those kind of bullies are apolitical.

only until they are old enough to vote. i worked around those types for decades, i have seen the damage they do, interpersonally as well as at the ballot box. i have never met a democratic bully.

I have.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
I'm not particularly surprised that you think conservatives are the source of all evil it is in your highly partisan nature afterall.

and you are NOT highly partisan? :roll: one again, "east is east, west is west and never the twain shall meet." you live your life in the best way you know how, and so do i. may your way work well for you. it certainly would not work for me, and perhaps vice-versa.

Compared to you I am not partisan, I know I am partisan just not nearly to the extent you are.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

coulda fooled me about not deciding to be my enemy. a friend would not say the things you say to people who have done you absolutely no harm to speak-of.

Actually yeah, I have said things to friends before when I thought they were going down the wrong road, and my friends know I will be completely honest with them.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

no, YOU said it. you are correct that i believe right wingers are evil, and that they are the enemies of those disimilar to themselves, via punitive social and governmental regimes they would impose on anybody outside of their group. but i never said i supported the terrorists. so stop putting words in my mouth. besides, terrorism is its own topic and is not germaine to the discussion of the status-quo of our military spending and usage. why can't you stick to the topic at hand?

Because, the other parts I'm dragging in are relevant to the topic at hand, thanks for proving that you are more partisan than I am btw.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

i have seen enough of it to know that i find it to be obnoxiously mean-spirited and not condusive to a spirit of national dialogue. a televised version of u.s. news and world report would be better, or at least grayer and calmer. and whatever keith's real motivation, at least he was speaking my concerns. the enemy of my enemy is my friend. i take friends wherever i may find them.

You would think everyone that disagrees with you is obnoxious and mean-spirited.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

and nothing rush or ann coulter says is hateful or disrespectful of anybody else? :roll: "i don't hate you," says the mugger beating me up for my lunch money. :roll:

Rush Limbaugh is disrespectful, but not hateful, same with Ann Coulter. I have yet to hear Rush wish someone dead.

auntblabby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

i don't mean to disrespect one whose opinions you value, but all he said was basically "stick with american traditional morality - don't be progressive like europeans."

Why do I get the feeling either you didn't watch it or didn't pay attention to it.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 2:39 pm

auntblabby wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Get off your high horse, and treat others as you wish to be treated. If you think people are so ignorant, then how about setting an example for em by being civil right off the bat rather than jsuyt conveintenly calling for civility after you get your panmties in abunch? OMG all the bullies and meanies are out to hijack my thread! I can dish out all the personal attacks I want to, but when they're directed wtowrads me, poor little me is being bullied!

you have perceptual issues that i am unequipped to help you with. you insult me, but when i call you out on it, you cry just like the kid i clobbered [back in school] when he kept hitting me. you just want to keep hitting people until they pound you, and even then you can't understand that your right to swing your fist ends just shy of my nose.
It's weird that you mention that story, cuz that was actually the point I was making about you; you can dish it out but you can't take it. This hypocrisy is ridiculous. You accuse me of being intolerant towards dissenting views, yet you have the attitude that an enemy of an enemy is a friend. My social life isn't even like that, so it makes no sense for me to have that attitude when it comes politics. So assuming you practice what you preach, maybe you should spray some windex on your mirror if you look at it all the time and don't see a hypocrite. Oh, and that comment about Inuyasha killing you with stress is taking victim mentality to a whole new level. He isn't responsible for how you react to his posts.

auntblabby wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Anyways, 'm just gonna cut to the chase since I',m done with that crap now. What else do you believe is wasteful other than throwing leftover food in thj trash and loose admission stnadrads? If you wanna talk abou weapons, the states shoyuld reduce their nuclear arsenal but defundingh everything else is detrimiental. Defunding precision guided bombs for example would mean the miltiary would have to use less expensive one whcih are less areodynamicm, less accurate, and have shorter ranges. This would lead to more potiential for colleteral damage.

sheesh, calm down. your "speech" above, is redolent with rage. but FINALLY you say something constructive! :) thank you for actually posting YOUR reasons you feel the military spending status-quo should be maintained. not everybody will agree with you, but that should not matter to you. now TELL ME, what do you THINK about my suggestions for economies of scale by consolidating duplicate services via unification?
I tried looking for it but I haven't found it. Could you quote it?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 2:49 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
There is a difference between idealism and being suicidal, I will not join you in a suicide pact.

i won't try to get your meaning with that impenetrable statement.

Inuyasha wrote:
There may be waste, but quite frankly I don't trust this current administration or as Rush aptly calls it "the regime," screwing with our National Defense. I would like someone like John McCain going through what is being spent on what whom actually cares about our people in uniform.

so the truth is you are still enraged over mccain losing? i will not do like you, and disrespect your man the way you disrespect my man. you should not expect me to vote for him, however. and somebody who actually cares about the GIs would BRING THEM HOME from unwise foreign entanglements.

Inuyasha wrote:
The economy was going south after Enron and the attack on 9/11, Bush cut taxes and got the economy going again. Homeland security was put in place so our various parts of law enforcement would actually talk with each other.

and they still don't talk to each other. taxcuts for the wealthy do NOT trickle down to the rest of us at the bottom- at best, only the upper middle class see any real benefit. the economy has stunk at the bottom still, what with unaffordable health care and gouging rents, etc.

Inuyasha wrote:
Seriously, the only thing Bush can be blamed for on this point is that he didn't take to the bully pulpit and lay out in detail to the American public the situation.

it happened on his watch, so he gets the blame, for good or ill.

Inuyasha wrote:
9/11 happened, stop trying to blame Bush for everything you are looking like you're just simply deranged.

"the plank in your own eye" again.

Inuyasha wrote:
Actually, Paul Ryan I believe has offered up some solutions, Republicans are actually just worried that Democrats will just demonize them if they offer up any meaningful reforms.

"solutions" that would have left millions of seniors totally wiped out had such been the law back in 2008. there is just no useful substitute for government-backed insurance in this regard.

Inuyasha wrote:
I am not mocking the poor, I'm trying to point out to you just how wrong you are on this issue.

again, the mugger says "i'm not mocking you" as he does his dirt. you support official policies that would only hurt people in your social class. why don't you want better for you and yours?

Inuyasha wrote:
Wow in one ear and out the other.

you like pissing contests? or you'd rather i just sat back and let you pinkle all over me and thank you for the privilege?

Inuyasha wrote:
I don't consider people that work in the Restaurant business to be inferior to me. They're people that hold a job.

then why do you support policies that would stack the deck against them?

Inuyasha wrote:
I would just laugh it off and go on my way.

you have not so far.

Inuyasha wrote:
No, it is not a non-sequitur.

incongruous statement: a statement that appears unrelated to a statement that it follows
unwarranted conclusion: a conclusion that does not follow from its premises
your responses to me make sense to you but not to me, so your communication has failed in its objective, if communication was your objective instead of automatic gainsaying and ego-tripping.

Inuyasha wrote:
You were trying to paint yourself as the objective individual which quite frankly is disingenious on your part. You said you had the big ears like a Vulcan, so I just though of the first Star Trek reference that fit with big ears and thought of Ferengi, would you rather me call you a Romulan.

now who is the one being disingenuous? you are the knowledgeable sci-fi fan, not i. i know nothing of romulans, or lots of other things but that is another subject. i only know what concerns me, and that is morally superior strong-armers who are trying to take my lunch money while telling me it is for my own good, IOW pinkling on my leg then telling me it is only raining.

Inuyasha wrote:
Compared to you I am not partisan, I know I am partisan just not nearly to the extent you are.

you support only the far-right [GOP/tea-party/birther] whereas i support the broad middle out to the far left [democrats and greens/naderites], so you are more specifically partisan than i am. you cannot say factually that the GOP supports the broad middle, especially after all the moderates hit the road.

Inuyasha wrote:
Actually yeah, I have said things to friends before when I thought they were going down the wrong road, and my friends know I will be completely honest with them.

with "friends" like you, who needs enemies?

Inuyasha wrote:
Because, the other parts I'm dragging in are relevant to the topic at hand, thanks for proving that you are more partisan than I am btw.

relevant only so far as the english language is relevant to the topic of wasteful military expenditures and activities.

Inuyasha wrote:
You would think everyone that disagrees with you is obnoxious and mean-spirited.

no, only the ones that want to make my life harder with their preferred punitive socially darwinistic social order imposed on me against my will. if the shoe fits, wear it and stop beating people up with it.

Inuyasha wrote:
Rush Limbaugh is disrespectful, but not hateful, same with Ann Coulter. I have yet to hear Rush wish someone dead.

but both of those folk like to make other people wish they were dead. they murder people in spirit. that is hateful AFAIC. the bully simply doesn't comprehend that his victims never deserve the pain and general disrespect inflicted on them. the main difference between their ilk and everybody else, is that they see kindness as just another weakness to be exploited for personal gain. that is a major disrespect.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 3:13 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
that comment about Inuyasha killing you with stress is taking victim mentality to a whole new level. He isn't responsible for how you react to his posts.

and you would not be responsible for somebody's bloody nose after you punched them? :roll: pinkle on my leg then tell me it's only raining.

AceOfSpades wrote:
I tried looking for it but I haven't found it. Could you quote it?

unified forces
i merely mentioned that if this country did as canada [among other nations at various times] did in 1968, and unified their services under one bureaucratic umbrella, there would be major economies of scale enabled, and by now that would have added up to real money. unfortunately, it appears that canada has backpedaled in this respect, with bureaucratic creep, a result we don't have to duplicate, in that we can have a unified american military force with no individual fiefdoms and more streamlined operations, if we leave the politicking out of it. in the absense of any official impetus, some local bases [such as ft. lewis and mcchord AFB], have unified under one command, [as JBFLM-joint base ft. lewis/mcchord] but it is still too early to quantify the financial results, and it is not clear that they have followed through with the full bureaucratic streamlining of middle management. the real savings would mainly come from the top-down.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 3:25 pm

america's defence budget [$696,268,000,000.00 circa fy2008] is nearly 12 times bigger than that of china, 47 times more than that of israel. we have 57 nuclear-powered attack and cruise-missile submarines, more than the rest of the world combined. my question is why are we doing the lions' share of the heavy lifting? why isn't the rest of the civilized world doing more? what is the UN for, if this situation persists? these are not unreasonable questions, and american taxpayers deserve a good answer to them.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 4:11 pm

auntblabby wrote:
america's defence budget [$696,268,000,000.00 circa fy2008] is nearly 12 times bigger than that of china, 47 times more than that of israel. we have 57 nuclear-powered attack and cruise-missile submarines, more than the rest of the world combined. my question is why are we doing the lions' share of the heavy lifting? why isn't the rest of the civilized world doing more? what is the UN for, if this situation persists? these are not unreasonable questions, and american taxpayers deserve a good answer to them.

Tbh, the UN is part of the problem, see: Oil for Food Scam.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 5:18 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

The UN should be abolished. It is typical bureaucratic BS.

@ auntblabby: Canada's military is one of the best trained in the world but they are underfunded and lacking in the technology department. The sea, air, and land aspect of any military are best left to be specialized rather than made monolithic. All it leads to is corner cutting. The 23 billion budget that we have for the military is a joke. I agree that the rest of the world shouldn't expect the US to act like the world police and do their part to fight corruption as well rather than just laying on the sidelines and letting the US do all the fighting for em. The states still needs a strong national defense though as it is the world's biggest super power.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 5:37 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

The UN should be abolished. It is typical bureaucratic BS.

@ auntblabby: Canada's military is one of the best trained in the world but they are underfunded and lacking in the technology department. The sea, air, and land aspect of any military are best left to be specialized rather than made monolithic. All it leads to is corner cutting. The 23 billion budget that we have for the military is a joke. I agree that the rest of the world shouldn't expect the US to act like the world police and do their part to fight corruption as well rather than just laying on the sidelines and letting the US do all the fighting for em. The states still needs a strong national defense though as it is the world's biggest super power.

UN is quite ineffective now, though if abolished I suspect it would be succeeded by a few rival regional blocs. They'll probably have to create a new organization eventually... we'll call it, the 'Congress of the World" or something typically ambiguous. Give it 30-50 years and the same s**t will happen again, so the next logical step is the "World Court Organization".... etc :D

I wish our military had more funding, though if I'm not mistaken they have been increasing it. I am curious what their plans are for the next decade or so. I think making them Joint Forces was a good choice financially and bureaucratically.