Page 5 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 5:37 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
america's defence budget [$696,268,000,000.00 circa fy2008] is nearly 12 times bigger than that of china, 47 times more than that of israel. we have 57 nuclear-powered attack and cruise-missile submarines, more than the rest of the world combined. my question is why are we doing the lions' share of the heavy lifting? why isn't the rest of the civilized world doing more? what is the UN for, if this situation persists? these are not unreasonable questions, and american taxpayers deserve a good answer to them.

Tbh, the UN is part of the problem, see: Oil for Food Scam.
The UN should be abolished. It is typical bureaucratic BS.

@ auntblabby: Canada's military is one of the best trained in the world but they are underfunded and lacking in the technology department. The sea, air, and land aspect of any military are best left to be specialized rather than made monolithic. All it leads to is corner cutting. The 23 billion budget that we have for the military is a joke. I agree that the rest of the world shouldn't expect the US to act like the world police and do their part to fight corruption as well rather than just laying on the sidelines and letting the US do all the fighting for em. The states still needs a strong national defense though as it is the world's biggest super power.

UN is quite ineffective now, though if abolished I suspect it would be succeeded by a few rival regional blocs. They'll probably have to create a new organization eventually... we'll call it, the 'Congress of the World" or something typically ambiguous. Give it 30-50 years and the same s**t will happen again, so the next logical step is the "World Court Organization".... etc :D

I wish our military had more funding, though if I'm not mistaken they have been increasing it. I am curious what their plans are for the next decade or so. I think making them Joint Forces was a good choice financially and bureaucratically.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 5:46 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
america's defence budget [$696,268,000,000.00 circa fy2008] is nearly 12 times bigger than that of china, 47 times more than that of israel. we have 57 nuclear-powered attack and cruise-missile submarines, more than the rest of the world combined. my question is why are we doing the lions' share of the heavy lifting? why isn't the rest of the civilized world doing more? what is the UN for, if this situation persists? these are not unreasonable questions, and american taxpayers deserve a good answer to them.

@ auntblabby: Canada's military is one of the best trained in the world but they are underfunded and lacking in the technology department. The sea, air, and land aspect of any military are best left to be specialized rather than made monolithic. All it leads to is corner cutting. The 23 billion budget that we have for the military is a joke. I agree that the rest of the world shouldn't expect the US to act like the world police and do their part to fight corruption as well rather than just laying on the sidelines and letting the US do all the fighting for em. The states still needs a strong national defense though as it is the world's biggest super power.

Wasn't the Canadian military held hostage by a shipping company once because they didn't pay their freight bill?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 6:01 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Wasn't the Canadian military held hostage by a shipping company once because they didn't pay their freight bill?

Not that I know of

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 6:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Quote:
your stiff-arm tactics are the ridiculous thing here. something you categorically dismiss brings out the rage in you. only narrow minds wearing blinders refuse to discuss things they disagree with. if you weren't furious at me you would not bother to reply. me thinks thou doth protest too much. if you don't like what i post, then change the channel. i hear there are new browsers that will let you filter me out. but do not try to censor me otherwise. i find your posted drivel just as obnoxious as you find my posted drivel. your [stuff] stinks just as bad as mine.

and your drivel is perfect, eh? the difference between me and you, is i realize i'm imperfect. but at least i don't bully people, nor would i take satanic pride in bullying people as you do. one can either bring some heaven into this hellworld, or add yet more hell to it. i know which side you are on. you are about self-agrandizement at best, spreading bad feeling at worst. the fact that you just vomit your bile means you have nothing constructive to say, only destructive things are good enough for you.
you either have perceptual problems, or you are just bearing false witness- i'd say it is both. you say black is white and vice-versa to suit your purposes. calling one of your victims a "professional bully victim" is an obscenity. you enjoy being a thug, don't you? you consider me to be a simpleton but i would embrace that if the alternative is to be a thug. i won't play dead, so you are just going to have to take the trouble to kill me, and i would not put that past you. if you knew what basic civility was, you'd just go to some other thread instead of hijacking this one, but that is too much to expect from you. you are so impressed with yourself and your own amazing brain power. but there will always be those greater than even you. but you would not recognize such because "mediocrity only understands itself, and never anything greater."
you cannot contribute anything positive to this thread because you have not an original thought in your head, just parroted right-wing talking points. you refuse to discuss how unification of the american forces is a possible money-saver. you refuse to entertain anything which would challenge your beloved status-quo. what are you afraid of? you can't catch any germs from me. if you had any grace you would ignore my scarily gay exterior and just talk to me like a decent chap instead of shoving me into my locker as you have been doing. but you lack any comprehension of the concept. you are stuck in oppositional defiance mode, and i cannot help you become unstuck. you will have to do that for yourself, when you are ready.

:cheers: New developments: :cheers: according to auntblabby:

1. I’m now enraged and furious.
2. I’m now a Satanist.
3. You’ve admitted to being gay (big surprise there…………lol)

Quote:
and just talk to me like a decent chap instead of shoving me into my locker as you have been doing

Shove you back in your locker? Someone needs to shove you back in the closet and throw in a few handfuls of xxxxxxxx.

:lmao:

Last edited by Raptor on 20 Mar 2011, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 6:17 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Not that I know of

Yeah it did.

http://www.marinelink.com/news/article/ ... 19869.aspx

Not sure if the company ever did get paid.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 6:39 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Not that I know of

Yeah it did.

http://www.marinelink.com/news/article/ ... 19869.aspx

Not sure if the company ever did get paid.

I didn't say it didn't happen, just that I didn't hear about it. But that is interesting. Ultimately though:

Quote:
contending that Montreal charterers Andromeda Navigation had said it would withhold payments, had halted the vessel in the Atlantic Ocean off Newfoundland to force home its point. The squabble drew in the Canadian government

The charter company was at fault, and the Canadian government, as that article clearly states, responded appropriately to get three soldiers and $150 million worth of our military equipment back.

Raptor wrote:
Shove you back in your locker? Someone needs to shove you back in the closet and throw in a few handfuls of Zyklon-B.

Wow you are a real winner

number5
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 8:12 pm

Raptor wrote:
Shove you back in your locker? Someone needs to shove you back in the closet and throw in a few handfuls of Zyklon-B.

I don't mean to jump in here but seriously?! That comment is very undude.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 8:42 pm

number5 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

I don't understand what he said, and I'm not sure I want to understand.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 8:44 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
number5 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

He's implying that auntblabby, as a homosexual and as a targeted minority in the holocaust, should die via Zyklon B gassing
Lovely types that sometimes gather on the right side of the room

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 9:12 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
number5 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

He's implying that auntblabby, as a homosexual and as a targeted minority in the holocaust, should die via Zyklon B gassing

Thanks for the clarrification.

@ Raptor

Don't stoop to that level don't give into your hate, that is the liberal side.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 9:44 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
number5 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

@ Raptor

Yeah, the Nazis were being liberal minded when they gassed people with Zyklon B. That is a ret*d statement Iny

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 9:46 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
number5 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

@ Raptor

Yeah, the Nazis were being liberal minded when they gassed people with Zyklon B. That is a ret*d statement Iny

Was referring to what Glenn Beck said a while back about how the Tea Party Protests were different from the riots in Greece.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 9:50 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
number5 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

@ Raptor

Was referring to what Glenn Beck said a while back about how the Tea Party Protests were different from the riots in Greece.

:? Good thing we can all read your mind? I don't see the connection here
This Raptor guy's opinion does not reflect any majority of conservatives, but I can assure you no liberal thinks that way, it is the antithesis to liberalism.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 10:42 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
number5 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

@ Raptor

This Raptor guy's opinion does not reflect any majority of conservatives, but I can assure you no liberal thinks that way, it is the antithesis to liberalism.

Actually I can think of a liberal off the top of my head that posts here that pmed someone saying they wanted to hit them with a shovel.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 11:01 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
number5 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

@ Raptor

Actually I can think of a liberal off the top of my head that posts here that pmed someone saying they wanted to hit them with a shovel.

This is what I'm seeing:

Vigilans: All conservatives aren't like this jerk, everybody
Inuyasha: Because some guy made a threat over the internet ALL liberals are jerks

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 11:41 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
number5 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

@ Raptor

This is what I'm seeing:

Vigilans: All conservatives aren't like this jerk, everybody
Inuyasha: Because some guy made a threat over the internet ALL liberals are jerks

I'm not saying that all liberals are jerks, just that it isn't exclusive to one side.